Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

tikal said:
The H1->EAD is as far as I know a one-way switch.

Ok, let's stop all this off-topic discussions, and go back to emails like the foll:

[1] Which email ID do I need to send the status mail?
[2] Is the H1b7yr mail ID better than the status mail?
[3] Do they track our pings?
[4] I am in the LC queue. Should I be worried?
[5] I check my status every 17 minutes. My status is still "Duh". Should I be ecstatic?

All other emails will be deleted. :D

Hi All

This brings us back to Reallity :(

Any updates on New update from people who had Final Review or RIR. Any one Send any Status mail today ???

Looks incorrect assumtion !!

my pd is 08/2001 and a regional case rd dec2003. I know, 8-10 cases from my company from 2001 and reached regional in 2003 are still in RIR stage. I do not agree with you to come to a conclusion that pbec is processing 2002 cases. We all are guessing !!

No order is followed...anybody in PBEC can expect their labor approved !! Time frame can't be estimated by few approvals.

vine95050 said:
Talking about PBEC...

Jaiatl, thanks for compiling the numbers. Regarding the current processing month at PBEC, I think they are processing March-April 2002 RIR cases right now. We have around 12 Certified or Final Review cases (just in this forum) from March-April 02, in the last few days only.

I think for 'straightforward regional cases' the processing would continue forward - March 02 onwards. By 'straightforward cases', I mean cases that are - not remanded to state, no RFE, no NOF, no recruitment issues, no education eval issues, no wage issue etc (tough, but there are many 'straightforward cases' with BECs). Similar things were happening at DBEC until recently, per Icarus' posts in the Dallas forum.

This is just my assessment based on discussions with my lawyer's office and posts on this site.

Jaiatl said:
I do not think backlog clearance will be that fast. Currently (most likely) approval queue at Philadelphia Backlog for RIR is at Nov-01 and TR is at Jun-03.

It seems that PBEC looks into specifics of your application before sending a screen shot. I sent a request for screen shot for my wife (she is in 2nd yr of her H1) and PBEC sent the following reply:

Please note that this email address is to be used to request information for the purpose of indicating to USCIS that a permanent certification case is pending for those aliens who have H1B visas due to expire and require extension. Because of the volume of cases being processed at the Philadelphia Backlog Center, case status information can not be provided for other cases. Also note that replies to this message will not be acknowledged.

Thank you,

The Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

H-1B Visa Extension Information Team

they orgainized one team just for this ...

In the beginning of August, my screen shot does not have any signature like that...

DOL must be serious , and that is probably we are not seeing more updates screen shots this week .

:eek:

Garfield said:
It seems that PBEC looks into specifics of your application before sending a screen shot. I sent a request for screen shot for my wife (she is in 2nd yr of her H1) and PBEC sent the following reply:

well..

Similar issues were raised until a couple weeks ago at Dallas forum about earlier DBEC PDs not being processed, but still, per Icarus DBEC were processing March 03 RIR cases. Icarus tried to give reasons for why earlier PD cases were not approved.

We have no way of knowing exactly what's happening at PBEC. It's just speculation at this stage, you're right that way. But there's certainly a movement and pattern observed at PBEC in the last few days, does not matter whether I believe or you believe..

NAYAK said:
my pd is 08/2001 and a regional case rd dec2003. I know, 8-10 cases from my company from 2001 and reached regional in 2003 are still in RIR stage. I do not agree with you to come to a conclusion that pbec is processing 2002 cases. We all are guessing !!

No order is followed...anybody in PBEC can expect their labor approved !! Time frame can't be estimated by few approvals.

I do not agree...

vine95050,

I do not agree with your conclusions...this is what PBEC wants...to let the people (with old PDs like 2001 etc) think that there is some problem with the LCs which are not touched, why haven't we see RFEs then (at least for some cases).

I know they are better in data entry but definitely lagging behind in approvals and they want to cover that till they meet the dates with DBEC.

Take this scenario: If they follow strict FIFO (even for regional cases) then they would have been still in April or May 2001, see how many cases they processed.

It is just poor management and they will try to cover the things up hard whatever it takes.

My 2 cents...
- MD2001

vine95050 said:
Talking about PBEC...

Jaiatl, thanks for compiling the numbers. Regarding the current processing month at PBEC, I think they are processing March-April 2002 RIR cases right now. We have around 12 Certified or Final Review cases (just in this forum) from March-April 02, in the last few days only.

I think for 'straightforward regional cases' the processing would continue forward - March 02 onwards. By 'straightforward cases', I mean cases that are - not remanded to state, no RFE, no NOF, no recruitment issues, no education eval issues, no wage issue etc (tough, but there are many 'straightforward cases' with BECs). Similar things were happening at DBEC until recently, per Icarus' posts in the Dallas forum.

This is just my assessment based on discussions with my lawyer's office and posts on this site.

Jaiatl said:
I do not think backlog clearance will be that fast. Currently (most likely) approval queue at Philadelphia Backlog for RIR is at Nov-01 and TR is at Jun-03.

Fifo

we all know FIFO is first in first out ...

but they may also do it like first state come to PBEC , and that state's cases would be processed first ...

This seems possible for early PD in some states were not processed .

MD2001 said:
vine95050,

I do not agree with your conclusions...this is what PBEC wants...to let the people (with old PDs like 2001 etc) think that there is some problem with the LCs which are not touched, why haven't we see RFEs then (at least for some cases).

I know they are better in data entry but definitely lagging behind in approvals and they want to cover that till they meet the dates with DBEC.

Take this scenario: If they follow strict FIFO (even for regional cases) then they would have been still in April or May 2001, see how many cases they processed.

It is just poor management and they will try to cover the things up hard whatever it takes.

My 2 cents...
- MD2001

Lc_2004

i think you only need w2s from the current employer for 140, and only the w2s for the last 3 years for 485. at least that's what my lawyer asked for. check the i-40 and 485 threads as this is not the appropriate thread.
sorry guys/gals for posting this here, just wanted to help him/her...

LC_2004 said:
aprlc2002

I got W2 from my current Employer for 2004. He is the one who has sponser my Green Card I wil be getting W2 for 2005 as well as 2006. But I don't have a W2 from my Previous Employer instead I have 1099 Misc will that be a problem for me when I will file I-485 sometime next year?I will get W2 for 2006 in January 2007.

2003 – W2 No 1099 Misc says self employment Previous Employer
2004 – W2 Yes Current Employer
2005 – W2 Yes Current Employer
2006 – W2 Yes File for I 485 in Year 2006? Current Employer

Thanks

I hope I didn't offend anybody with pending 2001 cases.. That was not the idea at all.

I'm trying to understand and get answer to the question:
"which month is PBEC currently processing?"

It seems like answer to this question varies, depending on who you ask. Also, it's almost impossible to get a concrete answer, the way it used to be in good ol DOL days before the BECs. I gave my assessment which might be wrong..

Unless PBEC officially states the processing month we have no way of knowing anything. Let's see in coming days what kind of pattern emerges, if any, now that the date entry is almost complete.

MD2001 said:
vine95050,

My 2 cents...
- MD2001

why would PBEC want that?

MD2001 said:
...this is what PBEC wants...to let the people (with old PDs like 2001 etc) think that there is some problem with the LCs which are not touched, why haven't we see RFEs then (at least for some cases).
- MD2001

Why would PBEC want those people to think that way?

The approvals don't seem to be totally random. there certainly is some pattern and some FIFO...
I think the entire process has been complicated by establishing these BECs and some gross mis-calculations :mad:

shipping cases from all the states, re-entering data, training new staff .... i guess one can go on and on..

so things are bound to happen that we can not explain without knowing all the details..

just my perspective..

vine95050 said:
I hope I didn't offend anybody with pending 2001 cases.. That was not the idea at all.

I'm trying to understand and get answer to the question:
"which month is PBEC currently processing?"

It seems like answer to this question varies, depending on who you ask. Also, it's almost impossible to get a concrete answer, the way it used to be in good ol DOL days before the BECs. I gave my assessment which might be wrong..

Unless PBEC officially states the processing month we have no way of knowing anything. Let's see in coming days what kind of pattern emerges, if any, now that the date entry is almost complete.

I believe you need W2 or recent salary slips, only if you are called for the interview before 485 approval. They are not required otherwise.Can someone confirm. Check the following link

http://www.path2usa.com/immigration/greencard/i140process.htm

foret1 said:
i think you only need w2s from the current employer for 140, and only the w2s for the last 3 years for 485. at least that's what my lawyer asked for. check the i-40 and 485 threads as this is not the appropriate thread.
sorry guys/gals for posting this here, just wanted to help him/her...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why, b'cas they are lagging behind...

Well...when PBEC and DBEC said they started approving cases from regional first (even though there are some old SWA cases), they completely went in opposite directions...

Dallas started approving cases right away and are some where in 2003 now...
Where is Philly now? they just approved few cases here and there just to show that they are almost in pace with DBEC

then don't ask why they need to be in sync...

if they are not in sync...that opens suite of scenarios to sue DOL...take CA cases half of the CA regional cases went to DBEC and are almost done with their LCs and can you see single CA approval from PBEC!

that said...I am happy for the approvals of 2002 or later but if that is to just show that they are working then we are screwed-up by PBEC big time..

it is too early to trust PBEC wolf..

anyway our conclusions won't change the facts and it is true that there are lot of pending cases from 2001 and I don't think they all fall under 'not straight forward cases'..

lets see few more weeks and we all can get better picture of PBEC.

- MD2001

MannyD said:
Why would PBEC want those people to think that way?

PBEC Processing - QuickView

Guys, just one Final Review case to report today. Interesting thing about this case is that the case source is: 'State.'

vvpva [PD: 18-April-02; FINAL REVIEW (2-Sept-05); State: VA; Regional: No]

For the rest of the tracker please see the attached doc file.

Vine95050,

Thank you for your nice job. You have a good weekend.

thanks
vine95050 said:
Guys, just one Final Review case to report today. Interesting thing about this case is that the case source is: 'State.'

vvpva [PD: 18-April-02; FINAL REVIEW (2-Sept-05); State: VA; Regional: No]

For the rest of the tracker please see the attached doc file.

rirlaborCT said:
This message is for GC_DXJ,

Good to know that you got 45 day letter.
Can u please provide few digits from your case num .??

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for delay to reply coz the case num was not on my hand. So Case Num is P-0523X-XXXXX.

afx05 said:
Just FYI to all. Got the screen shot from PBEC after 2 weeks from my intial request. Staus is in Final Review.

Case Details:

CA-RIR-PD-4/02
Went to regional - 6/03
Replied 45 day letter - 3/05

Thanks.

Hi,
How do I see the status of my application from PBEC?

VA-RIR-PD: 03/02
RD: 10/03
Replied 45 day letter: 02/05

thanks,
radd

Got 45 Days letter

I got my 45 days letter on monday 08/29/05 and replied back on tuesday 08/30/2005.

NY EB3 RIR
SWA 09/10/03
45 day letter received 08/29/05
45 day letter replied 08/30/05