Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Status information

Thanks for GOD_BLESS. The following is copied from him

1.Incomplete =45day letter not yet generated/Case not entered fully
2.Data Review =45day reply not recieved/45day reply not entered
Falls into TR/RIR Q
3.Closed or Withdrawn=45 day reply not recived/Employer closed/BEC erorneosly entered
4.RIR or TR=45 day reply recieved/data entered /under process
5.Final Review= With CO
6.Certified=Certified (May not yet mailed)

RIR or TR status = in the queue

RIR indicates yours is in queue waiting to be processed. It means they received your response to 45-day letter and the application is waiting for further processing. Same with TR. It is for non-RIR cases.

They seem to follow FIFO. But only its slow.

Data Review also means 45-day letter not sent out yet. BTW, does anyone know if the 45-day letters for the cases that have been entered fully are sent out in FIFO order ? How about for the cases that are partially entered ?

Thanks very much !

smallriver said:
Thanks for GOD_BLESS. The following is copied from him

1.Incomplete =45day letter not yet generated/Case not entered fully
2.Data Review =45day reply not recieved/45day reply not entered
Falls into TR/RIR Q
3.Closed or Withdrawn=45 day reply not recived/Employer closed/BEC erorneosly entered
4.RIR or TR=45 day reply recieved/data entered /under process
5.Final Review= With CO
6.Certified=Certified (May not yet mailed)

I got the screen shot, the status shows RIR. I have a PD Sept 2003 filed in GA. They have sereval fields wrong, including nationality, previaling wage...
When I applied two years ago the PW requirement is 35k, now they apply me as 65k?!
I have no idea why they put me in different level wage? Any idea?
:mad:

Congrates !!

rsiv said:
Received status form PBEC and my case Status is "Final Review". Not sure How long will it take to get the certification approval letter in hand ?

MD EB2 RIRPD Sep 2001 Philli RD 09/2004

Great for you rsiv and I see a consistent pattern. Hope it will continue. I think you wil get in few more weeks :)

mdgc2001 said:
RIR indicates yours is in queue waiting to be processed. It means they received your response to 45-day letter and the application is waiting for further processing. Same with TR. It is for non-RIR cases.

They seem to follow FIFO. But only its slow.
RIR doesnt necessarily mean that they have received response to a 45 day letter. ""RIR simply means your case will be processed at sometime in the future in RIR category.""

Last edited by a moderator:
vc594088 said:
I got the screen shot, the status shows RIR. I have a PD Sept 2003 filed in GA. They have sereval fields wrong, including nationality, previaling wage...
When I applied two years ago the PW requirement is 35k, now they apply me as 65k?!
Consult your lawyer to make corrections to your case.

justdoit said:
Consult your lawyer to make corrections to your case.

He said if PBEC asks for more information then we submit the old wage requirement if they don't ask we do nothing. I am just wondering if it will affect my 140&485 in the future?! :eek:

Unusual Situation ---

Gurus/friends,
I have long been an interested watcher on this forum but this is my first post here. I know this post may be a little unrelated but I am hoping that you will all take this in the right spirit. Any suggestions/help/pointers will be very much appreciated by me.Here is a synopsis of my situation:

I am on the 6th year of my H1-B. I filed for labor certification early this year, with priority date of Feb 2005; just in time before the end of 5th year of my H1-B and 365 days in advance of the end of my 6-year H1-B period, so that I would be able to file for 7th year extension when I needed to on the basis of my existing labor application.

My company filed for my labor in EB-3 RIR category, and the application is now in the Philadelphia Backlog center, and I have not yet received my 45-day letter.

I have a Masters degree in Computer Science from an U.S. university, and about 8 years of work experience, a little over 3 years of which are with my current company (I am not sure if the years with my current company can be shown as work experience on the application).

For various reasons, my company was not willing to file EB-2 at the time of filing for labor and the job requirements specified Bachelors+ 2 yrs work experience which qualifies as EB3.

With my very recent priority date and with the labor application languishing in the Backlog center, and also with EB3 retrogressed to as far back as June 2002(I am from India); I know that I am potentially looking at quite a few years (maybe 5-6 yrs???) for my green card process to complete. This also means that I will be stuck at my current company for all of that time and will have to keep getting 1-year H1-B extensions every year.

I am wondering if there is any way for me to get out of this situation, by asking my company to move my application from the Backlog center to PERM, and also upgrade the job requirements to reflect a change from EB-3 to EB-2. It is important for me to be able to retain the priority date on my current labor application so that I can get a 7th year extension based on it. I know that USCIS has recently suggested that they will not look favorably at more than one application for the same employee for the same company, so probably I cannot have my company file a second concurrent application in EB-2 in PERM.

In this situation, what are your suggestions if any:

a) Is there any way for an upgrade to the existing labor application from EB-3 to EB-2 and move the application from the Philly Backlog center to PERM, without losing the priority date?

b) In case it is not possible to do an EB-3 to EB-2 upgrade, are there any conditions under which my company can concurrently file a second labor application for EB-2 in PERM, without having to cancel my existing EB-3 application in the Backlog center (I need that priority date to extend my H1-B).

I don’t know if this will be of any use or make a difference, but I have received an appreciable pay raise since the time of filing of the existing EB-3 application, which is much more than what the existing application mentions as my pay rate.

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions that you may be able to provide me. It is an extremely important situation for me and I will greatly appreciate any help/ suggestions in this regard.

does anybody here know if the "7th yr extension" reply is an automated response?

also what does OVERRIDEN means in a response from "7th yr extension" enquiry?

thanks,

I also got my screen shot. Everything else is fine except for nationality. I'm from P.R. China and PBEC put me under Taiwan. I don't know if it's worth having my lawyer correct with PBEC. Any comments?

vc594088 said:

subray,

I advice you wait till end of this year so that you will have better idea how PBEC is acting, also by that time we will be cleared about conversion rules (RIR - PERM..).

I can't resist but I wonder looking at your profile, you seems to be very good at whatever you are doing. Then why u waited till 5th year to file for your labor. I guess you gave more importance to career/money then labor. There is always a tradeoff. Good luck.

7th year extension reply is not an automated process. It is a screenshot of the data entry done by PBEC contractors which they mail out in response to the query.

My guess on OVERRIDDEN is that when BECs' source of checking a company's existence did not work and later on they get an explanation from the employer/lawyer about the existence of their company... the data entry guys "Override" the system once they are satisfied with it so that the application can pass to the next stage.

LC Florida said:
does anybody here know if the "7th yr extension" reply is an automated response?

also what does OVERRIDEN means in a response from "7th yr extension" enquiry?

thanks,

emirica

I am not sure if you understand some basic things. There are two email id's that have been put forward on this message board. One for checking your LC status i.e. if the case has been entered into the BRC with the new case number and teh other is to check about your H-1B extension for the 7th year. I am talking about the former case.

You do receive an email confirmation from BRC once your case has been entered. Hope that clears up the doubt.

This is what was posted sometime back on this board:

email address: status@DAL.DFLC.US or status@phi.dflc.us
email subject:Case status request
email Body ONLY THREE LINES ..:
Company name : "Your Company"
First Name:"Yr First Name"
Last Name:"Yr Last Name"

with in 3 business days you will get reply.. for your case

Instructed to be in sync

Hi All,

This is quite a good news especially for PBEC.. It seems that the management at both the BECs were instructed to be in sync PDs So we may see some quick approvals in RIR category.. Do not know whether this move slows down DBEC for PBEC to catch up with them.

Regards

DISCLAIMER:

All the aforementioned info is an assessment and cannot be prosecuted under any jurisdiction of law.

aprlc2002 said:
Do not know whether this move slows down DBEC for PBEC to catch up with them.

I wonder if it's (technically) possible for the two to share cases? (I.e. for DBEC to pick some of the PBEC's on the fly)

anxicious waiter said:
I also got my screen shot. Everything else is fine except for nationality. I'm from P.R. China and PBEC put me under Taiwan. I don't know if it's worth having my lawyer correct with PBEC. Any comments?

I am from Taiwan ROC but they put me in China PROC.
I guess the labor cert it doesn't matter what country you are from. Just wait for 140&485 to correct it.
:p

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

This is quite a good news especially for PBEC.. It seems that the management at both the BECs were instructed to be in sync PDs So we may see some quick approvals in RIR category.. Do not know whether this move slows down DBEC for PBEC to catch up with them.

Regards

DISCLAIMER:

All the aforementioned info is an assessment and cannot be prosecuted under any jurisdiction of law.

aprlc2002/all,

Could you please enlighten me, what’s going to happen to NON-RIR cases(in PBEC) under ‘Final Review’?

Thanks in Advance,

AwardMyGC

I hope the 2 BEC's split cases so as to approve ALL 2001/2002 cases by year end. (and I hope they dont lose any cases in this process). Doesnt look like PBEC alone will be able to do it by year end.