Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Easy version of original PERM FAQ posted last week.

According to the bulletin, its clear now that if you have application pending at BEC, you can't file PERM (without withdrawing existing one). Its quite fair.
Murthy bulletin

EB-3 Visa Number Problem and Likely Relief by Pending Immigration Reform Bills

:) So far we have reported a depressing EB-3 visa number prediction based on the current immigration law that allocates only 140,000 a year for the employment-based immigrant visas. However, there are two leading immigration reform legislative bills pending in the Senate which are likely to give some relief to the EB-3 backlog problem, should the bills be enacted into law. One is McCain-Kennedy bill, S. 1033, and the other Cornyn-Kyl bill, S.1438. These bills have attracted a lot of attention from the media and public in two respects: Differences in the two bills in the issues of legalization of illegal aliens and the weight of border and enforcement in the nation's immigration policy.

:( However, from the perspective of the employment-based immigrant community, these two bills will benefit, albeit differently, the EB-3 workers tremendously. The following table compares the current EB visa number allocation system with proposed changes in the allocation system in these two bills:

:mad: Under both Cornyn-Kyl bill and McCain-Kenney bill, the big winners will be the current EB-3 workers. For instance, current EB-3 quota, excluding nurses and physical therapists, is approximately 40,000 a year including EB-3 skilled and professional workers and EB-3EW other workers (upto 10,000), but it will increase to 104,000 plus (66,500 EB-3 + 38,000 new EB-5) under Cornyn-Kyl bill, and to 159,000 plus (101,500 EB-3 + 58,000 new EB-5) under McCain-Kennedy bill. Part of this benefit will come from termination of immigration visa lottery, 55,000 (DV Program). Both bills also provide positive recapture of unused numbers in the previous years which will lead to some numbers available for the regular EB-3 workers after taking away 50,000 numbers by the nurses and physical therapists.

:cool: When it comes to the specific numbers, the two bills differ to a great extent, but remarkably both bills are committed to reducing the serious EB-3 backlogs under the current immigration quota system. This is a good news.

source:immigration-law

Thanks a lot for Icarus' reply. I feel really relieved now. Congratulations to all the guys got certified. It seems Philly is really catching up now. Hope they can keep spirit.

How long does it take to enter one case details.

Hi Guys,
From a loose source I got a message that my case is started entering in the system from 8/12/05 at PBEC.

However I emailed for my H1B 7th year extension and I got an reply on 08/15th of T- case number and it really desn't have any detail in the screen shot other than my name , company name and PD. Thats it.

Which means my case was not entered completely till 08/15.

Well I donot really trust the source but I want to trust him. I just wish that this info is true.

Is there is any reason you guys can give me so that I can trust this info.
Does that really takes that long to finish entering one case ?

Thnx

greencard007 said:
My labor has been certified after 4 years of waiting.
Details.
RIR EB-2
Maryland filing date: 8/12/2001
Moved to Phil: March , 2004
45 Days Letter: March 2005
Labor cerified : 8/18/2005
Good luck to all of you.
Congratulations! Wish you all the best in further processing.

Congrates !!

greencard007 said:
My labor has been certified after 4 years of waiting.
Details.
RIR EB-2
Maryland filing date: 8/12/2001
Moved to Phil: March , 2004
45 Days Letter: March 2005
Labor cerified : 8/18/2005
Good luck to all of you.

Congrates and good news for all ..finally some consistent behavior :)

It means you are at step 2

P number means your case has been input completely and your 45 day letter has been mailed out. Before you receive "approve notice", p number is the only info BEC send out with 45 day letter.

PD 2003, it depends on which state and whether you reach region.

vc594088 said:
I have a P number but my PD is Sep 2003, what does that mean?

where are these people..

I found the following people in the JW tracker with PD of early 2001. Where are these people ?

Manny2001
dilshad
SINCE2001
GC_MD_2001
mudra1234-Friend
epidural
juntha
shalinilulla
foret1
MD2001
Friend of GC_MD_2001
rsiv
hemant2001
NAYAK
mrcMD
sunkav
apnet43

I got screenshot from PBEC

Hi, all. I am new here.
FYI I want to share my info that I got from the center.

SWA, MD, EB3
PD: 09/30/2002
ETA Case Number: T-05140-2####
Processing Type: RIR
Case Status: Incomplete

This means
My case is temporarily entered into its system on 140th day of 2005 (5/20/05). and didn't send letter yet. right?
Am I gonna ever get a gc? Only God know....
But everyone!
No LC or GC is not the end of world. right?
Let's have a nice weekend!!!

Still alive...

I am still alive and will post any update once I hear from my company/HR. My lawyer is not co-operative and creating lot of problems.

Anyway don't shoot me with mails like why don't you send a mail to get status using 7th year ext mail id. For various reasons I have no answer.

I recently had my extension done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally...

Our LC got approved.
Here's our info.
2001 Nov. RIR MD EB2
Moved to federal level Feb 2004.
45 letters March 2005.

And one more info.
We are on the 7th year of H1B.
I got my visa stamped in our country last week and had no problem.

atyagi73 said:
I found the following people in the JW tracker with PD of early 2001. Where are these people ?

Manny2001
dilshad
SINCE2001
GC_MD_2001
mudra1234-Friend
epidural
juntha
shalinilulla
foret1
MD2001
Friend of GC_MD_2001
rsiv
hemant2001
NAYAK
mrcMD
sunkav
apnet43

am still here and still waiting...happy to see approvals are finally coming in...but very anxious as they mostly all have PDs after mine. my case is still in final review. my lawyer refuses to call pbec, my hr doesn't care...

Its a never ending process

Atyagi,
I think we are the underpriveleged people. All the news that comes out ever is about RIR or cases that made it thru to Regional. For the past 3 years i curse my lawyer everyday atleast 5 times without fail for choosing April 30th. One week earlier and i would have got my GC at least 2 years ago.
As you see there is no positive news that i can provide , I choose not to demoralize other people. Just a silent spectator. No ofense to anybody but i hope to be the one providing the ray of hope for all the SWA people very soon. I will ask my lawyer for the 9th year extension very soon and will update the forum with my case status.
Hope that answers your question as far as i am considered. As alway epidural helps in pain silently till the very end :)

atyagi73 said:

Manny2001
dilshad
SINCE2001
GC_MD_2001
mudra1234-Friend
epidural
juntha
shalinilulla
foret1
MD2001
Friend of GC_MD_2001
rsiv
hemant2001
NAYAK
mrcMD
sunkav
apnet43

Congratulations..

Congrats Choclito, greencard007 and jjchoi.....

This is great news as we see some approvals trickling in... hope they pick up this momentum and assert aprlc2002's news that RIR and TR dates will be same by end of this year... i.e. complete 2001/2002 cases... :D

Processing Type Changed to TR

With more LC's got approved from Philly, and especially seeing people in Maryland got approved, I could help sending an email to Philly to verify my status last night. I got the screenshot just now, everything is OK except this processing/case type --- it is TR instead of RIR. My LC was filed as RIR.

Are there any people here have the same problem? I seem to see some posts here bringing up the same problem. But with my own case, I doubt it is a data entry error or has something to do with that earlier notice that my RIR will be denied. But what will they do with this denial of RIR? Will they remand it to the state where permanent LC is no longer handled?

Anyway I have asked my employer to call Rosalyn and hopefully they will do it (when? I do not know). Any people here with the same problem? Could you please share your experiences?

Thanks!

Congrats guys!

Congrats Choclito, greencard007 and jjchoi on your LCs

Just to add to the news, my lawyer called PBEC and they say my LC should be processed within the next 2 months.

Thats about 13 months of work to be done in the next few weeks, seeing is believing, so lets wait and see.

what's the latest?

All,

I am the CA, EB3-RIR unfortunate stuck in Philly. Can anyone provide me the latest PDs that are being approved? I saw one from August and one from Oct. 2001 in RIR category but nothing much.

LC sucks big time!!! To hell with DOL & BEC.