Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Some Information

yours_sincerely said:

yours_sincerely said:

Wanted to share this information.

I just called PBEC and asked for Rosalyn but she was not at her desk. Some other person answered the phone and told me that she cannot give me my case status but she estimates it might take another month and half for my case.

'Whatheheck', do you have the extension for Rosalyn and how you find that she is been officially assigned to give case status?

Thanks

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Our company attorneys called the PBEC and got this info. They say all 2001 and 2002 RIR cases who received 45 day letter will be approved in next two months i.e around Oct 15th.

kool.
That gives some hope.
-------------------
PD Nov.2002
CA-RIR
45 day letter replied.
:D

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Our company attorneys called the PBEC and got this info. They say all 2001 and 2002 RIR cases who received 45 day letter will be approved in next two months i.e around Oct 15th.
hey,
I want to believe that their answer was genuine, really reallly genuine...specially with the way the work is "going on" at PBEC...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am ususally a regular at the forums but i have not been in town for over a month and seem to be out of the loop, i was just wondering, My company has responded to the 45 day letter at the end of Mar this yr and the case number is P-04247-*****, but the recent posts have some temp Case ID's starting with a T, can some one tell me how they received that? Do i have to write to my employer to check if they received some thing like that. does it give me some kind of status as to where my labor application is?

My PD : Jan 2003
RIR
Regional received date : July 2004
replied to 45 day letter : Mar 2005.
Regional: PA

really appreciate responses.
regards

can I have your format how to ask them?

kosu said:
I received my screenshot today. They have given me a temporary case number T-05159-59xxx. On the processing type it says RIR.

Does any one know why it says RIR, eventhough I havent yet recieved my 45 Days Letter.

Thanks
I had sent two times from my company email address asking about my case status but never got reply. Maybe my format was not correct, can yuo do me a favor sharing what you wrote to them?
Appreciate if you could help me out.

I just dont understand why they dont allow everybody to apply for I485, and apply retrogression internally (i.e. mail out actual approval only if visa numbers are available, and approve them in FIFO according to PD).

This way at least people will get EAD and will stop looking forward to visa bulleting each month, in order to determine whether they'll be allowed to file 485 or not.

I was mad at the old system where the SWA were taking a long time to process. But the new BEC system and retrogression is even worse. I wish this whole BEC/ PERM thing had never happened.

fogman1 said:
GC_from_NJ,

What your quoted is exactly retrogression, right?

I always believe that a certain degree, well-controlled retrogression (different with unavailable) is beneficial to applicants with old PD. The intention of retrogression is to give older PD priority by limiting 485 filing of newer PD.

So, if you have a rather older PD, say 2001 and 2002, I don't see any reason to worry about retrogression. Instead, you should be concerned that if there is no retrogression, since in that scenerio, visa number for the fisical year tends to be used up too quick to become unavailable in the later month of that year.

All is based on the fact that visa number is limited. Of course it would be great if you can change that.

If everybody is allowed to file for I485 while visa is limited, that means a huge backlog at INS, which is some INS don't want to see. They're targeting 6-month processing, right?

From perspective of INS, of course they perfer the case to be stuck in your hand rather than theirs.

WhyThisDelay said:
I just dont understand why they dont allow everybody to apply for I485, and apply retrogression internally (i.e. mail out actual approval only if visa numbers are available, and approve them in FIFO according to PD).

This way at least people will get EAD and will stop looking forward to visa bulleting each month, in order to determine whether they'll be allowed to file 485 or not.

I was mad at the old system where the SWA were taking a long time to process. But the new BEC system and retrogression is even worse. I wish this whole BEC/ PERM thing had never happened.

Final Review

I just called the PBEC number and spoke to a lady and she told me my case is in final review,stage 5,does anybody know what this means and when I could get my certification.

indianindian said:
I just called the PBEC number and spoke to a lady and she told me my case is in final review,stage 5,does anybody know what this means and when I could get my certification.

indianindian,

Great! Could you please share your case details?

Thanks

AwardMyGC

EB3 current?

08/17/2005: October New Fiscal Year Visa Number Allocation and USCIS Preparation for Adjudication of EB-3 485 Applications
* Early next month, September, DOS will release the October 2005 Visa Bulletin and people will see the impact of new fiscal year visa number allocation on EB-3 visa number availability. As the State Department has already predicted, EB-3 visa number may become current for world-wide, and even for China and India, some numbers may become available inasmuch as their priority dates are older than the new cut-off dates which the October 2005 Visa Bulletin will establish.
* Report indicates that the Service Centers have been continuously processing EB-485 cases even though their visa numbers are currently unavailable and they cannot decide the cases. They are getting ready for October 1, 2005! No wonder why the EB-3 I-485 applicants have been receiving biometic appointment letters en masse lately. This is certainly not a bad news at all.
* Here are a few pointers which may help the people who have been anxiously waiting for the EB-3 visa numbers becoming available for them:
o First, when you receive the biometric scheduling, you should never reschedule it as it can cause a delay in processing your EB-3 I-485 applications. For Indians and Chinese, you may learn that such rescheduling will turn out be one of the most serious mistakes you would ever have made in the immigration journey.
o Second, when RFE is received for either I-140 or EB-3 I-485 applications, you should send in responses as promptly as possible so that your cases will get ready for adjudication when the EB-3 visa numbers will become availabe on October 1 and thereafter.
o Third, you should not do anything that can trigger transfer of EB-3 I-485 applications to the local district offices for interview or issuance of RFE. Once the cases are transferred to the local offices, the cases are subject to the local offices processing queue and decisions can be delayed substantially. Same will be true with the RFE. Those who have changed employers using AC 21 180-rule may want to assess the advantages and disadvantages of proactively reporting their employment changes with the help of their legal counsels.
o Fourth, you should not do anything that will either cause a delay in completion of the name checks or trigger trasfer of the case to local district offices for clarification of issues that surfaced through the name checks for fact findings through the interviews. Minor violations of criminal law or local ordinance that require fingerprinting may trigger transfer of the cases to local offices, no matter whether it involves a deportable offense or not. Exit from the U.S. may also be reported by BCP inspectors through the database and the surrendered I-94 documents, which can cause some delays in adjudications, even though in most cases international travelling should not and have not affected adjudication of I-485 applications.
o If you have any violation of status in whatever forms after filing I-485 applications, your contact with the agencies through extension or change of nonimmigrant status should be minimized as their findings of violation of nonimmigrant status post-filing of I-485 will seriously affect your eligibility for adjustment of status.

For details go to http://www.immigration-law.com and under breaking news

Hey msabir,

You are right.... It was a typo... what I meant was July 2001 for RIR cases. TR cases were at July 2002 which might have moved ahead. aprlc2002 can give us the latest update.

Sorry to add more confusion... :eek:

msabir said:
Hey GC_from_NJ,

Not trying to shoot you, but I just need some clarification.

I have been reading this forum almost daily for the last few weeks. According to this forum, latest RIR approval from PBEC is from Oct 2001. Your posting implies that they are processing July 02. Where did you get this info? If that is true, I should get excited, as my PD is 08/02 RIR regional.

Gurus, do you know what is the current PBEC RIR processing date for the cases that made it to regional? I think its Oct 2001. Any comments?

Thanks for sharing the information.

Hi All,

I couldnt really stand posting after I knew something yesterday and today. Afterall we are all are waiting for the same and if some AH comments on that I should know he/She is an AH and should not be foolish for myself not sharing with my fellas.

Ok Herez the update:

If some one complains about the software glitch at PBEC it is really not software glitch it was an implementation problem with the workflow. This was happened since the guidelines were not concerte when they were published in the begining. So the certifying officers are not getting petitions which were actually intended to. that was the reason you saw some Random approvals. They have right now completed processing TR Oct2002 and RIR Aug 2001. This doesnt mean that they have all the approvals with regards to that processing date. As I mentioned some time ago, the case which made it regional and from specific states which made it earlier to PBECs are getting approved a lil bit earlier.

There are a certain number of certifying officers allocated for specific states so the problem was with the workflow software. Some officers did not care for the priority and went ahead and ceritified and some officers have raised a concern and they have to fix these issues first to proceed further.

Now everytthing seems to be synched in the whole center and expect things to followup soon.

BTW the person Rosilyn is a person to just handle calls from people like us who are curious to know more about the cases

DISCLAIMER: All the aforemnetioned info is just an assesment and cannot be prosecuted or brought under any jurisdiction of law.

This info is not for the ones who disbelive in facts and dwell in their own hallucination. you can please be in your own denial

Yo fogman1,

That is precisely what I said ... Older PD's will hopefully benefit from the visa availability... as for my case which is languishing in end of 2003, there seem to be little hope as I don't think I will not see any light till end of next year end.

Hopefully my LC will be cleared at a time next year when the I-485 date will be current and I will be able to file 140 and 485 together. Wouldn't that be a perfect scenario ???? ;)

fogman1 said:
GC_from_NJ,

What your quoted is exactly retrogression, right?

I always believe that a certain degree, well-controlled retrogression (different with unavailable) is beneficial to applicants with old PD. The intention of retrogression is to give older PD priority by limiting 485 filing of newer PD.

So, if you have a rather older PD, say 2001 and 2002, I don't see any reason to worry about retrogression. Instead, you should be concerned that if there is no retrogression, since in that scenerio, visa number for the fisical year tends to be used up too quick to become unavailable in the later month of that year.

All is based on the fact that visa number is limited. Of course it would be great if you can change that.

ariesny1 said:
Wanted to share this information.

I just called PBEC and asked for Rosalyn but she was not at her desk. Some other person answered the phone and told me that she cannot give me my case status but she estimates it might take another month and half for my case.

'Whatheheck', do you have the extension for Rosalyn and how you find that she is been officially assigned to give case status?

Thanks

I can not provide anymore information about this lady. If you really want to speak to this lady, then have your lawyer or employer talk to her directly. She will definitely answer all your queries including silly questions. By the way can you provide your case details like PD, SWA, RIR/NON-RIR etc?

Thanks.

Thank you very much for the info.

aprlc2002 said:
I couldnt really stand posting after I knew something yesterday and today. Afterall we are all are waiting for the same and if some AH comments on that I should know he/She is an AH and should not be foolish for myself not sharing with my fellas.

Ok Herez the update:

If some one complains about the software glitch at PBEC it is really not software glitch it was an implementation problem with the workflow. This was happened since the guidelines were not concerte when they were published in the begining. So the certifying officers are not getting petitions which were actually intended to. that was the reason you saw some Random approvals. They have right now completed processing TR Oct2002 and RIR Aug 2001. This doesnt mean that they have all the approvals with regards to that processing date. As I mentioned some time ago, the case which made it regional and from specific states which made it earlier to PBECs are getting approved a lil bit earlier.

There are a certain number of certifying officers allocated for specific states so the problem was with the workflow software. Some officers did not care for the priority and went ahead and ceritified and some officers have raised a concern and they have to fix these issues first to proceed further.

Now everytthing seems to be synched in the whole center and expect things to followup soon.

BTW the person Rosilyn is a person to just handle calls from people like us who are curious to know more about the cases

DISCLAIMER: All the aforemnetioned info is just an assesment and cannot be prosecuted or brought under any jurisdiction of law.

This info is not for the ones who disbelive in facts and dwell in their own hallucination. you can please be in your own denial

wellcome back, apr2002

can you assess the outlook for next couple of month, some information by raj_vagc_oct02

Originally Posted by raj_vagc_oct02

Thanks.

aprlc2002 said:

Ok Herez the update:

Yeah. Agreed totally.

INS people probably want to look good in the eyes of their boss (secretary of state probably). How cool it would look for INS boss telling Secretary Rice - "Our dept. is so efficient at processing applications that although we targetted 6 month processing time, we are really achieving 1 month processing time".

Behind Rice's back - it is another story that we dont allow anyone to file 485, unless their PD is in previous millenium and we have Backlog Expansion centers in place to ensure no-one gets LC approval easily.

Policy makers at INS - 'May thou soul rot in hell'. :mad:

fogman1 said:
If everybody is allowed to file for I485 while visa is limited, that means a huge backlog at INS, which is some INS don't want to see. They're targeting 6-month processing, right?

From perspective of INS, of course they perfer the case to be stuck in your hand rather than theirs.

APRLC2002... That's the spirit...

Kudos to you for bringing us the update yet again.. I am just curious as how come the certifying officers were so ignorant and started processing cases randomly. This amounts to utter confusion amongst forum members who are closely following their status. Is DBEC better organized than PBEC as far as case handling are concerned.

We see a definite pattern of approvals from DBEC whereas PBEC is dealing with software issues, implementation problem, CO's stupidity or I should say ignorance and finally management of PBEC resources.

Hopefully they have learnt their lesson and post Sept' end they will do things in a proper manner.

Cheers !!

aprlc2002 said:

Ok Herez the update:

Please watch your language when being used...I made some correction, and I am warning you for the future that post like this won't do any good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Expectation,

fogman1 said:
wellcome back, apr2002

can you assess the outlook for next couple of month, some information by raj_vagc_oct02

Originally Posted by raj_vagc_oct02

Thanks.
Yeah, may be or may be not. But, I can tell you all TR and RIR will have same date of processing by this year ending. This is for Sure.