Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Aprlc, can you provide update more regularly?

I agree that Aprlc may be one of the few hopes with inside information.

Aprlc,
Can you provide more regular and frequent update on PBEC, like at least every monday you hinted before?

I understand that there may be little progress in PBEC, but regular update of where PBEC will be helpful to correctly access the situation.

jiangnan said:
Hi, Aprlc2002,
Now we start to see some approvals in both RIR and NON RIR, although not in big number, but still we can see they quite match your forecast. Thank you so much for your efforts and help to this forum, please do not get mad at or be scared away by some unfriendly posts here. Your help to this forum is incredible and please keep us posted of any updates.

Although I do not know where aprlc2002 gets all the information, I do not see any reason for him/her to misleading people, and we do see his/her forecase gradually turned to be true. No forecase can be perfect, guys/gals.

If we do not maintain our hope, why would not come to this forum. Everyone here is still hoping they will get their LC sooner or later. It is definitely OK to say some negative words sometimes because everyone will have some negative issues or feelings going on from time to time. But we just cannot live well always with such a negative attitude. Try to be postive looking at the world.

One of my teachers in my license exam preparation classes said something that I feel very enlightening: to get a license may mean more opportunity and money for you, but it is not worth doing to get such a license with a sacrifice of your health, your family, and your job --- you do not get your license, you may still live well, but without health, you cannot live well; you can lost a family and go get remarried, but the cost is too high; you can find another job, but the cost may also be too high.

Try to enjoy your life sometimes.

[Quote:aprlc02]Hi All,

PBEC currently working on July 2001 RIR cases and July/Aug 2002 TR cases which made it to Regional. As well they are also working on Data entry with rest of the applications including adjuducating the Cases whcih havent made it to regional.

Hopefully they are expecting the RIR and TR should have same processing time frames by the end of this year (2005).

Thats all folks.

DISCLAIMER: All this info is just an assement and cannot be brougth under any jurisdiction of law.
[/QUOTE]

All TR and RIR case will have the same processing date at the end of this year.
At this moment TR is processing cases from July/Aug 2003 and RIR is june/july 2001. So at the end of this year TR might go to PD of 2003. Well in that case will RIR can follow the TR cases?

hello friends,
I received screen shot from philly regarding the h1b 7th year extension. The wage mentioned in my case is less than the one mentioned in prevailing wage by around 3K. Is it important to have the same wage as prevailing wage?
Also at the time of filing I never got any query from the state saying my wage is low. I know its a slightly off track question.. but don't know better forum who can answer this. Please advise..

nk01 said:
hello friends,
I received screen shot from philly regarding the h1b 7th year extension. The wage mentioned in my case is less than the one mentioned in prevailing wage by around 3K. Is it important to have the same wage as prevailing wage?
Also at the time of filing I never got any query from the state saying my wage is low. I know its a slightly off track question.. but don't know better forum who can answer this. Please advise..

nk01:

I have the exact same problem.

I emailed my lawyer about this and he was nice enough to respond to my query.

According to previous law, the offered wage could be 5% lower than the prevailing wage but no lesser than 5%.

But my lawyer does not know if BPCs will respect that law.

If they do take account of this, since it was effective at the time of filing you will be ok. Otherwise you may have some NOF coming at you.

GC_SLACER said:
Friends

Just now got screen shot from PBEC and case status is RIR. I understand RIR means in process. What does it indicate ? Are they processing my application now ? Means there is chance of salvation some time in the near future ?

PD : 07/29/03
DOL - 06/11/04
PBEC-45 days - 03/16/05
Case Id - P-04301-28xxx
EB2,RIR

The process of status is in order the case goes through
you are at 5.
1.Incomplete=45day letter not yet generated/Case not entered fully
2.Data Review=45day reply not recieved/45day reply not entered
Falls into TR/RIR Q
3.Closed=45 day reply not recived/Employer closed/BEC erorneosly entered
4.RIR=45 day reply recieved/data entered /under process
5.Final Review= With CO
6.Certified=Certified (May not yet mailed)

mnhrdc said:
The process of status is in order the case goes through
you are at 5.
1.Incomplete=45day letter not yet generated/Case not entered fully
2.Data Review=45day reply not recieved/45day reply not entered
Falls into TR/RIR Q
3.Closed=45 day reply not recived/Employer closed/BEC erorneosly entered
4.RIR=45 day reply recieved/data entered /under process
5.Final Review= With CO
6.Certified=Certified (May not yet mailed)

My case status (from screenshot) is #3 Data Review. However, I have not yet received the "45-day letter." Does it mean this status codes differ for Dallas BEC and Phil BEC.

Status

Hello Gurus,

Can any one please shed some light on the cases never made to Regional.

My pd is 11/18/2004 CA EB3/RIR and no 45 day letter as of yet.
I am not sure if it is in DBEC or PBEC, anyone's pd is close as mine and know about status?

Its very depressing without knowing where your case is, or the sstatus

Thanks in advance,

:confused:

Juntha, I am happy for you

Hi Juntha,

I can imagine how relieved you must be learning about the developments on your employer and employment side.

Let's hope the occasional drops of LCs coming out out of PBEC turns into fast flowing stream soon.

I am reminded of the village dog. The dog walking under a bullock cart thinks the cart is his, and puts on airs thinking it is he who is pulling the cart forward.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

-Tikal

gcmail said:
you right Werner - USCISMockery is a monkey - ignore him. Ur comments about the conversion are indeed relavant to this board.

NOTHING is happening in PBEC - so what else can we post!!!

Who should inquire about status? Lawyer or myself?

Hi Guys,

I am new here. I see that some of you received some info from PBEC through email about your case. I received the 45-day letter in February. I know my new case ID. Now, should I send the email, or the lawyer? What did you guys do?

Thanks,

eb1_VSC

08/11/2005: One Employer One Employee Labor Certification Principle Adopted by DOL

* According to the Frequently Asked Questions Round 5 which was released yesterday, the DOL will recognize and certified only one labor certification for one employee by the same employer regardless of identical job or different job (Principle of One Labor Certification for One Employee Only with One Employer). Accordingly, effective August 31, 2005, the DOL will take following actions:
* PERM Cases:
o (1) Once one PERM case is certified, all other PERM applications filed by the same employer for the same employee will be denied regardless of same job or different job.
o (2) Once one PERM case is certified and any backlog case is pending at the Backlog Processing Centers for the same employee, regardless of same job or different job, the Backlog Center will issure Notice of Findings to deny the pending backlog cases.
* Backlog Cases:
o Once one backlog case is certified, any other cases pending at the PERM National Processing Centers or the Backlog Processing Centers will be denied.
* Revocation of Multiple Certified Cases:
o Should they learn that multiple applications have been inadvertently certified for the same employer and the employee, regardless of same job or different job, all the cases which have been certified after the first case certification will be revoked by the DOL. Only first certified case will thus survice.
o If the DOL inadvertently certified both PERM application and the backlog application, regardless of the sequence of the certifications, the DOL will revoke the PERM application.
* Multiple Pending Cases:
o When an application is pending, employer must first withdraw a pending application before a new application is filed for the same employee.
o If Employer filed multiple cases and all these cases are pending, only the application which was filed "last" will be certified and all other cases which were filed prior to the last case filing will be denied.

Can you provide the source of the news please?

RJ_NJ2002 said:
08/11/2005: One Employer One Employee Labor Certification Principle Adopted by DOL

* According to the Frequently Asked Questions Round 5 which was released yesterday, the DOL will recognize and certified only one labor certification for one employee by the same employer regardless of identical job or different job (Principle of One Labor Certification for One Employee Only with One Employer). Accordingly, effective August 31, 2005, the DOL will take following actions:
* PERM Cases:
o (1) Once one PERM case is certified, all other PERM applications filed by the same employer for the same employee will be denied regardless of same job or different job.
o (2) Once one PERM case is certified and any backlog case is pending at the Backlog Processing Centers for the same employee, regardless of same job or different job, the Backlog Center will issure Notice of Findings to deny the pending backlog cases.
* Backlog Cases:
o Once one backlog case is certified, any other cases pending at the PERM National Processing Centers or the Backlog Processing Centers will be denied.
* Revocation of Multiple Certified Cases:
o Should they learn that multiple applications have been inadvertently certified for the same employer and the employee, regardless of same job or different job, all the cases which have been certified after the first case certification will be revoked by the DOL. Only first certified case will thus survice.
o If the DOL inadvertently certified both PERM application and the backlog application, regardless of the sequence of the certifications, the DOL will revoke the PERM application.
* Multiple Pending Cases:
o When an application is pending, employer must first withdraw a pending application before a new application is filed for the same employee.
o If Employer filed multiple cases and all these cases are pending, only the application which was filed "last" will be certified and all other cases which were filed prior to the last case filing will be denied.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

"If Employer filed multiple cases and all these cases are pending, only the application which was filed "last" will be certified and all other cases which were filed prior to the last case filing will be denied.:

Is the above applicable for only PERM cases. Can anyone confirm.

lavendersummer said:
Can you provide the source of the news please?

RJ_NJ2002 said:

"If Employer filed multiple cases and all these cases are pending, only the application which was filed "last" will be certified and all other cases which were filed prior to the last case filing will be denied.:

Obviously it applies to any kind of labor certificate.
If thats not the case, we would have thousands of multiple cases in PERM and BEC, which is sheer torture on already broken system.

I think this is quite fair and I am happy justice is served here (atleast). Atleast it will end ever going discussion on PERM in this forum. I am sure some people might get more frustrated and start calling NAMES; what else they can do.

Also in Murthy's Bulletin

- EB2 won't retrogress in September

- Don't send enquiry email except in case of 1 year H1 extension.

RJ_NJ2002 said:

It's actually from DOL PERM FAQ's orund 5 released on Aug 8th.,
check here
http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/perm_faqs_8-8-05.pdf

this NOTE from DOL says only about multiple applications pending under PERM but not for Those who filed for PERM from the same employer pending a BEC application from the same employer .. Am I right?

NOTE: If employers currently have multiple applications for the same alien pending under PERM, the employers must withdraw, by August 31, 2005, all applications other than the one they want processed. As of August 31, 2005, if multiple applications from an employer for the same alien are still pending, the last application filed will be the one processed and all the other pending applications will be denied

Last edited by a moderator:
GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
check here

this NOTE from DOL says only about multiple applications pending under PERM but not for Those who filed for PERM from the same employer pending a BEC application from the same employer .. Am I right?

NOTE: If employers currently have multiple applications for the same alien pending under PERM, the employers must withdraw, by August 31, 2005, all applications other than the one they want processed. As of August 31, 2005, if multiple applications from an employer for the same alien are still pending, the last application filed will be the one processed and all the other pending applications will be denied

Actually, in DOL's q&a document, it did say that if you have a perm case and a bec case, upon the approval of one case, the other will be denied...

Ok, I got a screen snapshot from Philly BEC when I requested proof for 7th year extension .. the case status says TR and processing type is TR ..what does this mean ????

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
check here

Here is the quote from the pdf...

"After August 31, 2005, once one permanent labor certification application for a particular alien is certified, all other applications for that alien filed under PERM will be denied. Additionally, once one application has been certified, a Notice of Finding will be issued for any application(s) by the employer for the same alien filed under the prior regulation (in effect through March 27 2005) found pending in either of the Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs). Similarly, once an application for the alien has been certified in a BEC, any pending application in either of the National Processing Centers (NPCs) filed by the employer for the same alien will be denied. In the event multiple permanent labor certification applications for the same alien under PERM are inadvertently certified, we intend to revoke all but the first certification under 20 CFR 656.32. In the event multiple permanent labor
- 1 -
certification applications for the same alien are certified at both the NPC and the BEC, we intend to revoke the one filed under PERM."

I think they mean to cover labours under BEC also(though their wording seems a little vague)

Aprlc02

Hello Aprlc02 ,
Can you give us an update from inside the BEC.
My PD is April 01 Non - RIR, reponse to the 45 day letter on March. :confused: :confused: :confused:
No one in my company has recieve the LC and there PDs goes from April to Dic 2001.
Thank You