Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hi rirlaborCT,

Would you mind telling me how to file for your 8th year extension. When I file for my 7th year, I filed the same way as usual. Apply prevailing wages and apply LCA and file for I129. Let me know please. Thanks a lot.

rirlaborCT said:
Mudra,

I requested labor proof because I will be filing my 8th yr H1B extension next week.
My 7th yr H1B expires in Sep'2005.

The new case number was P04261-XXXXX. Hope this is helpful.

M

DOCSIS said:
mithya:

Would you mind sharing the first 4 digits of your ETA #? ("P0XXXX" - "No need to Give this Number")

Thanks.

Hi All expectation..

with the pace they are working now, all RIR petitions for 2001 may be expected to be by the end of Sept... So i have to wait for 3 more months :( which contradicts my expectation of getting mine approved this month. Itseems that PBEC had worked on approx 5000 RIR petitions in just 2 months time. look how fast they are.

DISCLAIMER.. ALl the info is just an assessment and cannot be brought under any jurisdiction of law..

Regards

It has been 3 years and not a single letter (New York LCA)

My receipt date is Aug 2002 and I am still waiting to hear about my LCA, the case was filed from New York City and I didn't receive a single letter about my LCA. I do not have a tracking number either. We extended my H1-B for 1 more year (total=7yrs currently) and received the approval. Can someone tell me how I can search the status of this case, is it in Philadelphia backlog center now? If I leave my company at this stage and goto some other company can I still work in the US? Would it be faster if I applied through PERM since it is a more automated process?

this is outrageous :mad:

from the previous posts it looks like PBEC has way too many RIR applications that DBEC. I don't understand why they sent 10,000 more applications from CA :confused:

mine was filed in CA PD 09/2002. looks like it will be the end of this year for me :mad:

aprlc2002 said:
with the pace they are working now, all RIR petitions for 2001 may be expected to be by the end of Sept... So i have to wait for 3 more months :( which contradicts my expectation of getting mine approved this month. Itseems that PBEC had worked on approx 5000 RIR petitions in just 2 months time. look how fast they are.

DISCLAIMER.. ALl the info is just an assessment and cannot be brought under any jurisdiction of law..

Regards

Hi aprlc2002,

Are we talking Regional RIR or SWA RIR for these cases ?

thanks,

aprlc2002 said:

Regards

Where is this 5000 come from? Why didn't we see any RIR approval from PBEC?

aprlc2002 said:

Regards

pennwaiting said:
Can you tell us where you got this information that the 45-day letter cannot be used for 7th year H1B extension? Thanks.

We had initially filed with the receipt notice from CAlif SWA. I got an RFE asking from proof about the labor still being pending.
So I asked my lawyer if we could send the 45 day letter.
He said that it is better to get the actual screen shot from BPC.
I also read at Murthy.com that the BPCs and USCIS have agreed on using the actual system screenshot as the proof for your labor being pending.

The reality is, to apply for 7th year H1b, you have to show your LC is pending for more than 1 year.

DOL officially claims you can get a proof by sending email to h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us if your case is pending at BEC. That said, THE response from DOL is well enough to be honored by INS. see http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

It's not sure wheather 45-day letter qualifies for such a proof. But I really don't see any reason to take such a risk, given that it's not that difficult to get a response from DOL (only take time, 3 weeks).

pennwaiting said:
Can you tell us where you got this information that the 45-day letter cannot be used for 7th year H1B extension? Thanks.

Something better than nothing. DBEC is ahead in RIR (on dec 2002) so PBEC in TR cases(June 2003). Good for who got. Atlease they are out from this whole.
mamamiax said:
Looking at the approvals PD or RD is not working but random approvals. God knows what they are doing. PBRC another junk of suckers...
:mad:

what about TR from April 2001

aprlc2002 said:

Regards

Hello my friend , what about TR from April 2001 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

H1B 7th year extention email from BECs

Can some one please share with me about the from address when DOL sends the mail containing screen shots.

Our company has several email filters in place. I can ask security team not filter these emails.

Thanks

SRK

USCISisMockery,

I was going through the recent postings and looks like this thread is mostly focussing on 7th year extensions etc which is way away from the intent of this forum.These postings are all genuine and I totally understand that people need info on these 7th year ext,but let's not loose focus on the purpose of this forum.

Looking at your email,looks like you have been in this forum for long and you and some other members like Spidey are willing to promote awareness among senators ,congressmen to overcome this slackness in PBEC.

I appreciate your effort and willingness.Please share any ideas in this direction.For example-I see that there was supposed to be a newspaper article on this issue sometimes back,but the energy got lost?...

Thanks,

USCISisMockery said:
For benefits of newcomers, I would like to clarify this:

Thanks all of you for detailed analysis. But I can't stretch importance of mentioning REGIONAL or SWA whenever you predict or post your approval or post your question.
BEC gave indication right from the beginning that 2005 Regional case will be given higher priority than 1999 SWA case. So I request again that please understand very important distinction between cases that went (to BEC) from region and from state.

Also I would like to clarify that 45 day letter has no correlation with when your cases will be adjudicated. Even though lot of SWA people from 2001 still haven't received 45 letters, their cases will be adjucated earlier than SWA cases who received 45 day letters in January.

For SWA people, there is nothing exciting, particularly when we still haven't received 45 day letters.

According to the pace predicted by some members, it looks like BEC can't eliminate backlog in next 3 years. I smell huge uprise and discontent towards BEC (and DOL) within 2-3 months. They have to change the way (add substantial number of contractors ) they are doing it.

Hi,

How long did it take for them to reply back? I'll be needing one of these too for my 7th year....

jnathan said:
I got the proof of RIR pending from Philly for my H-1B extension.

The status says: RIR .

Does it mean they have not done anything on my case yet?

helpjune4 said:
I was in an attorney's office today and he showed me one of his client's 45 days letter - of course he hide the client's name. This guy's PD is Nov., 22, 2002 and filed in NYS. 45 days letter was replied on 5/18/2005.

Just wondering how many people out there have already got their letters?

Got mine two month ago and I filled my application in may 2004. I filled from NC. Haven't heard anything from BEC yet.

My details are

Any light on this would be rally a great help and info.

PD: June 13th 2002
State : VA
RD : Feb 2004
45 Day letter recived : Dec 2004
Responded to 45 day letter : 3rd June
EB2 - RIR :cool:

Hong S said:
I was always under the impression that 10K CA cases went to Philli and 10K Dallas. In fact many cases including my own have case numbers starting with "P". However, while reading DOL FAQ and also their shipping schedule, I see that it clearly says ALL California pending cases were shipped to Dallas. This is not the first time that DOL gives conflicting info, but does anyone really know what is going on?.

I also got confused first when I received a new case number that starts with P then I found out that what SFO DOL meant was "all Cali SWA pending cases were shipped to Dallas". Regional cases were split between the two BECs

Hong S said:
I am probably dreaming/hoping that my case would be in Dallas, given the disgusting processing speed at Philli, but getting rid of one more doubt is also important at this stage.

I guess we all share your dream :)

a_to_z_gc said:
USCISisMockery,

I was going through the recent postings and looks like this thread is mostly focussing on 7th year extensions etc which is way away from the intent of this forum.These postings are all genuine and I totally understand that people need info on these 7th year ext,but let's not loose focus on the purpose of this forum.

Looking at your email,looks like you have been in this forum for long and you and some other members like Spidey are willing to promote awareness among senators ,congressmen to overcome this slackness in PBEC.

I appreciate your effort and willingness.Please share any ideas in this direction.For example-I see that there was supposed to be a newspaper article on this issue sometimes back,but the energy got lost?...

Thanks,

Thanks for encouraging words. No, we haven't lost energy, its just the nature of the beast. Any group effort starts with bunch of people and slowly but surely it will be followed by people who are skeptical initially.

Regarding topic going off because of 7th year extension, IMHO its very sensitive and emotional time for anybody who is completing 6 years. And I think we should help such member as much as we can .

I am surprised by post by active member like Juntha. For a moment I though he is kidding when he criticized "my prediction" that BEC will take 3 more years to clear out backlog.

When my (hypothetical) friend's case was filed in May 2001, he was expecting it to be cleared by Dec 2001, but he is still with us. In Jan 2004, I was expecting my cases to be adjudicated by June 2004 and you know where i stand.

Just think probability of DOL falling behind schedule: 100 % based on past performance.

If BEC couldn't data enter 300,000 cases within 8 months, how in the world do you expect them to clear backlog by June 2006 (while forming BEC, DOL predicted to clear out backlog within 18 months).

Just look at aprc2002 post, if they cleared out 5000 cases in 2 months, lets say they are all super human and clears 10000 cases in 2 months, still they need 60 more months. People were predicting best case scenerio that data entry will be done by summer, backlog will be eliminated by next year, 45 days letters will be received by July..., but predicting worst case scenerio is reckless. I am just suggesting that it won't work the way its going, they have to add manpower.

And finally its just <My opinion only>, you don't have to take it as facts. Please read my signature.

I hope and will pray so that my predictions prove reckless.

Last edited by a moderator: