Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I am confused

mithya said:
My lawyer tell me that they have received 8 approvals in the past 3 working days from PBEC. All had PD apr-june 03 and they all were received in Regional Phili in Aug-Oct 03. Apparently they did not hold on to the approvals. My approval date is june 30, 05. However I don't know if all were non RIR or a mix of RIR/non RIR

M
In the other forum "Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking", they keep saying that PBEC is working on April 2001 RIR Cases, where as here they are talking of April June 2003 RIR cases..

Am I missing something.. I am Dec 01 RIR from CA and have not heard anything so far.. I am kind of daily bugging the attorney/employer...

Can someone help me understand the situation

Perhaps they are working on more than one pile of files simultaneously at PBEC? I am very sure, about my lawyer's information, as in addition to my own case, I know 1 more collegue, who is in the batch of 8 certifications that my lawyer received with PD june 03.

M
rxs_1234 said:
In the other forum "Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking", they keep saying that PBEC is working on April 2001 RIR Cases, where as here they are talking of April June 2003 RIR cases..

Am I missing something.. I am Dec 01 RIR from CA and have not heard anything so far.. I am kind of daily bugging the attorney/employer...

Can someone help me understand the situation

Do we have any latest update ?

aprlc2002 said:
with the pace they are working now, all RIR petitions for 2001 may be expected to be by the end of Sept... So i have to wait for 3 more months :( which contradicts my expectation of getting mine approved this month. Itseems that PBEC had worked on approx 5000 RIR petitions in just 2 months time. look how fast they are.

Based upon all previous posts, they are working on RIR 2001 and TR may ..2002. does it mean all before these dates are certified or what ?
looks like very random approvals based upon combination of RD date + 45 days letter + date of reply of 45 days letter. In my opinion, "trying to be optimistic though" , they should be done with all regional (RIR+TR) by Dec 2005 in PBEC. SWA will come next after that.

silent viewer

I’ve been a silent viewer to this forum, source of lot’s of good and sometime bad information.

I talked to my lawyer yesterday and he said it is ok to show the 45 day letter to get the 8th year ext (i'll apply for mine sometime late this year). He also told me they have received some approvals from 2001 through PC but a lot less then DC.

I really appreciate the Insiders(aprc2002 and others) for the info they provide us. Guys keep up the good work and hope we all get through this tunnel…..

I agree with every word you said.

USCISisMockery said:
Thanks for encouraging words. No, we haven't lost energy, its just the nature of the beast. Any group effort starts with bunch of people and slowly but surely it will be followed by people who are skeptical initially.

Regarding topic going off because of 7th year extension, IMHO its very sensitive and emotional time for anybody who is completing 6 years. And I think we should help such member as much as we can .

I am surprised by post by active member like Juntha. For a moment I though he is kidding when he criticized "my prediction" that BEC will take 3 more years to clear out backlog.

When my (hypothetical) friend's case was filed in May 2001, he was expecting it to be cleared by Dec 2001, but he is still with us. In Jan 2004, I was expecting my cases to be adjudicated by June 2004 and you know where i stand.

Just think probability of DOL falling behind schedule: 100 % based on past performance.

If BEC couldn't data enter 300,000 cases within 8 months, how in the world do you expect them to clear backlog by June 2006 (while forming BEC, DOL predicted to clear out backlog within 18 months).

Just look at aprc2002 post, if they cleared out 5000 cases in 2 months, lets say they are all super human and clears 10000 cases in 2 months, still they need 60 more months. People were predicting best case scenerio that data entry will be done by summer, backlog will be eliminated by next year, 45 days letters will be received by July..., but predicting worst case scenerio is reckless. I am just suggesting that it won't work the way its going, they have to add manpower.

And finally its just <My opinion only>, you don't have to take it as facts. Please read my signature.

I hope and will pray so that my predictions prove reckless.
everyday that goes by since 2001 just proved how much the worst case scenerio is the only case scenerio. i dont think we can do anything about it... :(

For 7th Year Extension...

Folks,

I have got my 7th year ext approved recently and we filed just receipt from SWA and copy of 45-day letter. We haven't attached the proof from BPC.

That said, people with earlier PDs (like 2001, 2002 etc) should send email to BPC to get proof as most likely they might have entered these cases and cases with later PD may or may not be in the system.

In my opinion, you should get proof if you are really filing 7th year ext irrespective of PD and at the same time you should avoid sending enquiries for just status purpose.

Thx
MD2001

I sent an email for sending the proof of filing over a year to Philly BPC and have not heard back so far. sent them the email on 5th July. Assuming I might receive something back maybe next week?

MD2001 said:
Folks,

I have got my 7th year ext approved recently and we filed just receipt from SWA and copy of 45-day letter. We haven't attached the proof from BPC.

That said, people with earlier PDs (like 2001, 2002 etc) should send email to BPC to get proof as most likely they might have entered these cases and cases with later PD may or may not be in the system.

In my opinion, you should get proof if you are really filing 7th year ext irrespective of PD and at the same time you should avoid sending enquiries for just status purpose.

Thx
MD2001

I got approval for my 8th year extension in May and did not submitt any proof from BEC. My PD is nov 2002 from NJ - no BEC letter yet - I don't even know if they have my file or not. Lawyer does not care either - he says wait for the letter.

BTW my 8th year extension got approved in 12 days. Had send the application by normal process.

bsnf said:
I got approval for my 8th year extension in May and did not submitt any proof from BEC. My PD is nov 2002 from NJ - no BEC letter yet - I don't even know if they have my file or not. Lawyer does not care either - he says wait for the letter.

BTW my 8th year extension got approved in 12 days. Had send the application by normal process.

Agree, I am from NJ too. My PD is Oct, 2002, a EB-2 RIR case. I am going to apply for my 8th year H-1B and my attorney just told me that I do not need that letter for the extension. She said that they are going to use the same letter they used for my 7th yr extension. Don't ask me why, I don't understand it either. This has been the way they applied for extension and got successful everytime (of course with everything paid).

please refrain 7th year extension discussion

Folks,

Apparently this topic flooded this thread recently. Please back to the original purpose of this thread, "Philly BEC tracking"!

Also I would really appreciate everybody do homework first before repeatedly asking same general questions, let alone the questions aren’t much pertinent to this thread themselves.

1. see http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp, you can request proof from BEC, which will be honored by INS. It probably take 3 weeks to get back a computer screen shot showing your LC application pending.

2. some folks went ahead with 45-day letter and got approved.

3. It's your own judgment whether or not to go forward with/without item 1. However, keep in mind item 1 is officially endorsed by DOL and fairly easy to obtain.

And I would stress a very simple logic, not only for this case, but for all application. You can do whatever you like to file an application. But whether the authority approves your application depends on their judgment, interpretation of the rules or even the mood of the officer on that day. One thing is clear, the more you comply with the rules, the less chance they have excuse to deny your application.

I apologize if I have offended anybody by saying all above. Let's stop here and go back to Philly BEC tracking.

Thanks!

bsnf said:

Its 45 days letter.....your letter was received in last Dec and you replied in this Jun....6 months....They must have canceled your application....Please DO SOMETHING>>>GO AND CONTACT YOUR LAWYER IMMED....

****************** :eek:

rockme said:
Any light on this would be rally a great help and info.

PD: June 13th 2002
State : VA
RD : Feb 2004
45 Day letter recived : Dec 2004
Responded to 45 day letter : 3rd June
EB2 - RIR :cool:

fogman1 said:
Folks,

Apparently this topic flooded this thread recently. Please back to the original purpose of this thread, "Philly BEC tracking"!

Also I would really appreciate everybody do homework first before repeatedly asking same general questions, let alone the questions aren’t much pertinent to this thread themselves.

1. see http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp, you can request proof from BEC, which will be honored by INS. It probably take 3 weeks to get back a computer screen shot showing your LC application pending.

2. some folks went ahead with 45-day letter and got approved.

3. It's your own judgment whether or not to go forward with/without item 1. However, keep in mind item 1 is officially endorsed by DOL and fairly easy to obtain.

And I would stress a very simple logic, not only for this case, but for all application. You can do whatever you like to file an application. But whether the authority approves your application depends on their judgment, interpretation of the rules or even the mood of the officer on that day. One thing is clear, the more you comply with the rules, the less chance they have excuse to deny your application.

I apologize if I have offended anybody by saying all above. Let's stop here and go back to Philly BEC tracking.

Thanks!
fogman1

While technically I agree to what you state. I think no one in this forum should post any kind of rule on how this forum needs to be maintained. This is just an info sharing space.

Folks,
See the new approval trends and statistics reports just posted by "JustWatching" in the "BEC Priority Date Tracker".

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1199755&postcount=1110

Please co-operate and post as much addiitonal info about your case as possible. If some data fields for your record are incomplete in the spreadsheet, please post updates in the "BEC Priority Date Tracker" and JustWatching will update them. We will get a lot more meaningful information from the reports if we have very accurate and complete data.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Folks,
See the new approval trends and statistics reports just posted by "JustWatching" in the "BEC Priority Date Tracker".

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1199755&postcount=1110

Please co-operate and post as much addiitonal info about your case as possible. If some data fields for your record are incomplete in the spreadsheet, please post updates in the "BEC Priority Date Tracker" and JustWatching will update them. We will get a lot more meaningful information from the reports if we have very accurate and complete data.

Thanks for your co-operation.

I am not setting rules. I am just suggesting all of us doing ourselves a favor by focusing more on the common topic.

Some unrelated question is not a problem. However it may not be in the interest of majority of the visitor to this thread, if the deviation becomes too much, so as to dilute the information of the original purpose.

I would like to suggest if anybody expects lengthy discussion on some other topic, including 7th year extension, which is very important and expected to be very extensive by the way, why not initiate a new thread so more related people can share more pertinent information?

Thanks!

vikram_p said:
fogman1

While technically I agree to what you state. I think no one in this forum should post any kind of rule on how this forum needs to be maintained. This is just an info sharing space.

fogman1 said:
I am not setting rules. I am just suggesting all of us doing ourselves a favor by focusing more on the common topic.

Some unrelated question is not a problem. However it may not be in the interest of majority of the visitor to this thread, if the deviation becomes too much, so as to dilute the information of the original purpose.

I would like to suggest if anybody expects lengthy discussion on some other topic, including 7th year extension, which is very important and expected to be very extensive by the way, why not initiate a new thread so more related people can share more pertinent information?

Thanks!
I guess getting evidence from BEC for H1B 7th-year extension is "pertinent" to the topic here. If you don't like it, you yourself can start a new thread here or anywhere else, just for that limited purpose.

GotGC?? said:
Hi,

How long did it take for them to reply back? I'll be needing one of these too for my 7th year....

I sent an email on June 28th. got the response back on July 13th.

Update -- same old info

Hi Folks,

I just now called on PBPC to check on the status of my case

They mentioned that, RIR cases are currently at April 2001 and it may take around 5 months to get to August 2002.

Thought of letting you all know.

question

rspr said:
Hi Folks,

I just now called on PBPC to check on the status of my case

They mentioned that, RIR cases are currently at April 2001 and it may take around 5 months to get to August 2002.

Thought of letting you all know.

well the question is how much they finished apr 2001. since apr 2001 RIR has 11,000+ application it is hard to predict when they will get to ours. if anyone know when they started apr2001 we may throw in some times