Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

yes and no...

atyagi73 said:
jj...you and me ahve amost same PD and both are throguh MD. My lawyer says I will loose PD if I use PERM. Is it true ?

if your new PERM is under a new job title, than YES. but if you use the same job, you have the option to transfer the PD to the new PERM case.

update from lawyer

I asked my lawyer about the status of my pending labor. Here is his answer. I know, it is almost useless info. but I would like to share it with you anyway.

"The information that we have received from the DOL is that we should not anticipate adjudications on many of the labor certification petitions (of which there are 340,000) until this Fall. As such, I do not anticipate any movement of your case until at least that time. A status inquiry at this point in time will serve little to no use. (Unfortunately, DOL's back log reduction efforts are going much slower than the Agency initially predicted)."

My case is RIR, VA, PD: July 2002. Made Regional DOL and later transferred to PBEC.

Philly - Regional cases....

mithya said:
I just spoke with my lawyer. They have received both Eb2/Eb3 approvals (8 in all) with a PD of apr-june 03. All were received in regional Phili by Oct 03. She received all non RIR certifications, though.
I hope this is helpful.

Can any do some home work if RDs are becoming importants for these approvals ? I strongly believe, they are on top of application from Regional, and certifying cases as per RDs...
45 day letter - recieved and replied dates are not important ...as we see from these approvals...still not able to find out the role of PDs here...

labor proof

Mudra,

I requested labor proof because I will be filing my 8th yr H1B extension next week.
My 7th yr H1B expires in Sep'2005.

Got proof of RIR pending today

I got the proof of RIR pending from Philly for my H-1B extension.

The status says: RIR .

Does it mean they have not done anything on my case yet?

For H1B extension, can we just use the receipt notice originally from the State office, Or do we have to get proof from BEC?

jnathan said:
I got the proof of RIR pending from Philly for my H-1B extension.

The status says: RIR .

Does it mean they have not done anything on my case yet?

Hello, rirlaborCT,
Could you please kindly answer a question from me? Can we email Philly to request this proof by ourselves or it has to be an email from HR or the attorney?

Thanks a lot!

rirlaborCT said:
Mudra,

I requested labor proof because I will be filing my 8th yr H1B extension next week.
My 7th yr H1B expires in Sep'2005.

cala said:
For H1B extension, can we just use the receipt notice originally from the State office, Or do we have to get proof from BEC?

You have to get proof from BPC.
My lawyer submitted with the original notice but I got an RFE asking for proof from BPC.
So you are probably better off getting the proof from BPC.

I was always under the impression that 10K CA cases went to Philli and 10K Dallas. In fact many cases including my own have case numbers starting with "P". However, while reading DOL FAQ and also their shipping schedule, I see that it clearly says ALL California pending cases were shipped to Dallas. This is not the first time that DOL gives conflicting info, but does anyone really know what is going on?

I am probably dreaming/hoping that my case would be in Dallas, given the disgusting processing speed at Philli, but getting rid of one more doubt is also important at this stage.

none

Keeme said:
Can any do some home work if RDs are becoming importants for these approvals ? I strongly believe, they are on top of application from Regional, and certifying cases as per RDs...
45 day letter - recieved and replied dates are not important ...as we see from these approvals...still not able to find out the role of PDs here...

Looking at the approvals PD or RD is not working but random approvals. God knows what they are doing. PBRC another junk of suckers...
:mad:

convert to PERM, reatain old PD

Hi guys n gals,

like many of you, i am also sick of this wait for last 3 years. I have a PD of 12/02 from PA and am scouting for the feasibility of converting this pending labor to PERM thru the same employer. I would keep the same job profile.

Would some please share thier experience if they had taken the same path before. what the steps involvded and how much time this total conversion + files process will take. and what are the chances of getting thru. My 6 yrs of H1 are also expiring next year July. So for me its absolute essential to be able to retain my OLD PD. what are the precautions that I should take in that regard.

I know these are lots of Questions in one post. But now I have become a frustrated soul and want to get the hell out of this backlog hell.

Kindly suggest me some earlier posts if they have answer to similar Questions. I am sure these r very common Questions and someone must have raised them earlier as well.

Thanks

RE: I sent a mail for labor proof! I got reply.....

Are they sending the proof electronically or through regular postal mail?

Thanks in advance.

SRK

Eta #: ?

mithya:

Would you mind sharing the first 4 digits of your ETA #? ("P0XXXX" - "No need to Give this Number")

Thanks.

mithya said:
I received an email from my lawyer that my LC has been certified. Ironically my contract with the employer ends Sept 05. ...

H1B 7th year extension proof

Is it possible to use the 45-day continue/discontinue letter from BEC as a proof of pending labor for H1B extension?
srkotturu said:
Are they sending the proof electronically or through regular postal mail?

Thanks in advance.

SRK