Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Pr

I think PR = Press Release

antonioa77 said:
hi

u said they will communicate through PR, what is PR?
how RIR and TR be in sync if RIR is still in 2001 compared to TR in may 2002. what do u mean by syncro? in other word, RIR and TR will be be put in the same queue? or in 2 different independent queues?

apr2002 and others,
so far, we've been in the dark in with regards to SWA cases (RIR and TR).
If you have any info to provide on this, feel free to do so.

My pd is Oct 2001 (NY RIR, SWA)

Hilarious .... WaitingonLC in the Dallas forum found out his LC was certified by looking at the screenshot provided for the 7th year extension ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingonLC
Dear Friends,

I have requested Dallas BEC for the proof to file 7th year extn.They have sent me a screen shot with all my details it it and in that I noticed there is field for case status and it says CERTIFIED..Can I assume My case is certified?

Thanks for the help in advance.
-------------------------------------------

I posted this on another thread but I got a number of emails so am posting it again.

My lawyer tell me that they have received 8 approvals in the past 3 working days from PBEC. All had PD apr-june 03 and they all were received in Regional Phili in Aug-Oct 03. Apparently they did not hold on to the approvals. My approval date is june 30, 05. However I don't know if all were non RIR or a mix of RIR/non RIR

M
PD June 03
Regional Phili received Sept 03
45 d letter received/replied 28th Feb/Mar 1, 05
Certified: June 30, 05, EB2/non RIR

kasid said:
My case went to regional Aug2003 and i got 45 days letter in the month of feb and they replied in march.
My case is RIR/EB3.
If they have approved sep2003 case they might even approve my case soon..........................

RIR/TR breakdown by month

As we're now into May 2001 for RIR... here is the breakdown for RIR/TR cases month-by-month. Status is for Regional cases only as of October last year.

Note that while April 2001 TR queue is roughly the same as RIR, the next months RIR queue has 5 or 10 times more cases than TR.

Data is based on MSAccess database published by DOL.

20% Region RIR

went back to my old charts about Regional RIR and TR. According to current news, TR reached the April 02 (85% of all pending TR cases 19,998) and RIR reached May 01 (20% of all pending RIR cases 69,227). The speed is almost matched with TR 16,998 and RIR 13,845 with an assumption that less time will be spent on TR than RIR for region cases if same amount of workers were allocated between those two queues. Above data is for all regional cases and
only half of them processed in PBEC but it won't affect the analysis. According above, all region TR will be processed in very near future. RIR is only 20% on the way to be cleared. I couldn't image what PBEC will do at next step. Move all resources of TR to RIR? It is hard to say. According to PBEC, after the finishing of Data Entry, they will stick to FIFO that could means they will start SWA cases.
------
RIR EB3 April 2002 VA
P-04271-08xxx
45 letter: Jan 2005

Hi Guys

My LC was filed in CA

CA - RIR
PD - 3/28/2003
Sent to DOL - 3/25/2004
45 Day Letter Recd DT : 03/04/2005
ETA Case Number : P-04296-2xxxx

When can I expect my LC approved any Idea :(

Thanks

Krish,

By the pace of which the approvals are coming from Phily BEC, it will be around 12 months - 15 months I would think as they still working on May 2001 cases.

check this out

can some one update on when was the last update and where was PBEC at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Respond from Secretary Chao

Guys,

Some of you might already have received this standard respond.
"However, in the interest of fairness and consistency, applications are processed in the order of their receipt and cannot be expedited based solely on the needs of individual employers or aliens. This avoids inequities that can arise when attempting to determine the relative merits of literally thousands of applications". This part really pissed me off. As you know some of the applicants that filed at a later time have received their labor certification approval. Anyway, just want to share what I got.

aycy

NJ RIR
PD June 2002
No 45 day letter yet...! :mad: :mad:

Your inquiry to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao was referred to this office for reply. The Division of Foreign Labor Certification in the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is responsible for administering the Department’s Foreign Labor Certification Program.

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the State Workforce Agency or the Regional Office should have sent this application to the ETA Backlog Processing Center. The employer or its representative will know processing of this case has begun when the Center issues a "45-day letter” to the employer or its representative asking if it wishes to continue with the processing of the application. Additionally, the letter will notify the employer or its representative if any information from the application is missing. The employer or its representative will be given 45 days from the date of the letter to respond. If the employer or its representative fails to respond, the application will be closed.

We regret that there is such a large number of backlogged cases and empathize with your situation. However, in the interest of fairness and consistency, applications are processed in the order of their receipt and cannot be expedited based solely on the needs of individual employers or aliens. This avoids inequities that can arise when attempting to determine the relative merits of literally thousands of applications.

ETA has established two Permanent Program Backlog Centers in accordance with an interim final rule we published in the Federal Register on July 21, 2004. The rule allows us to consolidate state and Federal functions of the application review process into centralized locations. Additional resources were requested from Congress in FY 2005 so that we may continue work on eliminating the backlog. Congress was not able to provide the full amount of funding requested. We estimate with adequate resources, it will take approximately 24-30 months to eliminate the permanent program’s backlog of cases. This new timeframe and consolidated approach to processing favorably compares to our old method which may have required a period of four or more years to reach and process a case.

To further improve the operations of the permanent labor certification program, ETA implemented a new re-engineered permanent labor certification program on March 28, 2005, as published in a final regulation on December 27, 2004. We believe the new program will improve services to our various stakeholders.

DOL has worked with CIS to set up a new system in the Backlog Elimination Centers to assist individuals who have submitted an application for permanent labor certification prior to March 28, 2005 and need proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa.

Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verificatio that their application is pending at the Center. The e-mail addresses are h1b7yr@dal.fdflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us. for the Philadlephia Center. Please include all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien Name and address, date of filing, state where filed, and case number if known).

The Center will respond to your request with verification that the application has been pending for 365 days.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Meera_Maria and other Gurus,
I sent a request for proof of LC fling for 7th year extension to Philly BEC on July 6, 2005 and they responded today (July 12, 2005). Here is what they sent in the official screenshot:

--------------------------------------------------
ETA Case Number:
P-04352-08XXX
Priority Date:
04/24/2003

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name:
XXYYZZ, INC.
Business Activity:
CONSULTING ENGINEERS

Occupation Title:
Programmer Analyst
Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:
$ XXXX / Monthly
Prevailing Wage:
$ XXXX / Monthly

Alien Name:
<FIRTNAME> <MIDDLENAME> <LASTNAME>
Visa Type:
H-1B

Nationality or Citizenship:
INDIA

Case Received Date:
12/17/2004

Processing Center:
Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center

Case Status:
RIR

As you can notice above, the case status says "RIR". what is this supposed to mean? Anybody, please advise.

z2002 and igor_ch

Guys, thanks for your efforts. I note there is a difference in the numbers esp. for April 2001 - Igor_ch's spreadsheet shows 4155 cases for RIR and 5117 for Non-RIR. z2002's sheet shows 11982 for RIR and 11502 for Non-RIR. Any idea why the difference?

z2002: How is the 69227 arrived at? I understand (for RIR) 69,227 is the total; 13,845 completed; and the difference 55,742 yet to go. Right? How long did PBEC take to finish the 13,485 cases?

I am trying to understand the numbers and your interpretations better, so please don't misinterpret my questions.

Thanks, Manny

z2002 said:
went back to my old charts about Regional RIR and TR. According to current news, TR reached the April 02 (85% of all pending TR cases 19,998) and RIR reached May 01 (20% of all pending RIR cases 69,227). The speed is almost matched with TR 16,998 and RIR 13,845 with an assumption that less time will be spent on TR than RIR for region cases if same amount of workers were allocated between those two queues. Above data is for all regional cases and
only half of them processed in PBEC but it won't affect the analysis. According above, all region TR will be processed in very near future. RIR is only 20% on the way to be cleared. I couldn't image what PBEC will do at next step. Move all resources of TR to RIR? It is hard to say. According to PBEC, after the finishing of Data Entry, they will stick to FIFO that could means they will start SWA cases.
------
RIR EB3 April 2002 VA
P-04271-08xxx

I sent a request for proof of LC filing for 7th year extension to Philly BEC on July 6, 2005 and they responded today (July 12, 2005). Here is what they sent in the official screenshot:

ETA Case Number:
P-04352-08XXX
Priority Date:
04/24/2003

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name:
XXYYZZ, INC.
Business Activity:
CONSULTING ENGINEERS

Occupation Title:
Programmer Analyst
Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:
$ XXXX / Monthly
Prevailing Wage:
$ XXXX / Monthly

Alien Name:
<FIRT_NAME> <MIDDLE_NAME> <LAST_NAME>
Visa Type:
H-1B

<COUNTRY_NAME>

Case Received Date:
12/17/2004

Processing Center:

Case Status:
RIR

As you can notice above, the case status says "RIR". What is this supposed to mean? Also, I recieved "Employer failed existence check" in my 45-day CRNL. Lawyer responded with the appropriate documentation to prove employer's existence. However, in my screen shot, it doesn't say anything (They don't mention anything about employer existence check). Anybody, please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
same questions here

MannyD said:
Guys, thanks for your efforts. I note there is a difference in the numbers esp. for April 2001 - Igor_ch's spreadsheet shows 4155 cases for RIR and 5117 for Non-RIR. z2002's sheet shows 11982 for RIR and 11502 for Non-RIR. Any idea why the difference?

z2002: How is the 69227 arrived at? I understand (for RIR) 69,227 is the total; 13,845 completed; and the difference 55,742 yet to go. Right? How long did PBEC take to finish the 13,485 cases?

I am trying to understand the numbers and your interpretations better, so please don't misinterpret my questions.

Thanks, Manny

i am thinking of asking the same....

Hi mithya,

Congrats!!! Thank you for sharing good news. If possible please find out more details about 7 addtional cases. April02 says RIR are in May2001 and TR in Early 2002. Any information is welcome. Thanks.

mithya said:
I posted this on another thread but I got a number of emails so am posting it again.

My lawyer tell me that they have received 8 approvals in the past 3 working days from PBEC. All had PD apr-june 03 and they all were received in Regional Phili in Aug-Oct 03. Apparently they did not hold on to the approvals. My approval date is june 30, 05. However I don't know if all were non RIR or a mix of RIR/non RIR

M
PD June 03

Great Info

Z2002,

I thank you on behalf of other reader to make this incredible infomation available for all of us. Credit goes to you !

Thanks again,

z2002 said:
------
RIR EB3 April 2002 VA
P-04271-08xxx

mvinays said:
I sent a request for proof of LC fling for 7th year extension to Philly BEC on July 6, 2005 and they responded today (July 12, 2005). Here is what they sent in the official screenshot:

ETA Case Number:
P-04352-08XXX
Priority Date:
04/24/2003

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name:
XXYYZZ, INC.
Business Activity:
CONSULTING ENGINEERS

Occupation Title:
Programmer Analyst
Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:
$ XXXX / Monthly
Prevailing Wage:
$ XXXX / Monthly

Alien Name:
<FIRTNAME> <MIDDLENAME> <LASTNAME>
Visa Type:
H-1B

INDIA

Case Received Date:
12/17/2004

Processing Center:

Case Status:
RIR

As you can notice above, the case status says "RIR". what is this supposed to mean? Anybody, please advise.

For me it says, Processing type: RIR, Case Status: Data Review
I am totally confused to interpret whats going at the pbec. your comments are welcome on this. Good luck!!!!!

Meera Maria said:
For me it says, Processing type: RIR, Case Status: Data Review
I am totally confused to interpret whats going at the pbec. your comments are welcome on this. Good luck!!!!!

My guess is that your case is currently under processing. They are probably looking at your case and analyzing (which means "Data Review").

Can you please give us the case no.?

mithya said:

M
PD June 03

Will it be possible for you to provide us with your or anyone you know of('s) case no.?