Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

6 year limit on "H" visa

So bottom line is: Assume a person is married, person A is on H1, spouse B is on H4 (dependant):

1) person A has 6 yrs on H1
2) spouse B also has 6 yrs on H1 or H4 toal i.e. spouse B does NOT get a new 6 yrs by changing between H4 to H1 or vice versa

3) If person A qualifies for a 7th yr extension (LC pending 365 days etc), spouse B can also extend H4 for the same period (not H1)
4) Of course, if spouse B is on H1 and also has their own LC pending 365 days, they can independantly also apply for 7th yr extension.

5) Only exceptions are:
a) living outside the country for 1 yr "resets" the 6 year clock giving you another 6 years; or
b) Showing extended vacations etc to "recapture" the time e.g. prove that you were out of the country for 6 months total in the 6 years, and ask to "recapture" that time i.e. deduct it from your 6 yrs, giving you another 6 months. From what I understand "recapturing" is not trivial, and usually needs a good attorney with good valid proof of travel dates etc.

Hope this helps.
- Dru

Rania

Hi Rania,
Please forward you resume to desipins@hotmail.com. I might be able to provide you a few contact numbers of employers who might be looking for H1transfers (consulting though...not permanent but atleast you would be able to get your H1B transferred).

45 days letter, urgent help!!

My lawyer says he received the 45days letter but my application was mailed back because one phone number was missing. Actually that information was in the form. Is this situation normal? will my case be cancelled due to this problem? Any insight will be appreciated!

Hi gp111....

...you have mentioned in Dallas BEC tracker that Philly has started approving cases....Do you have any info on what PD's they are processing now. My case went to Philly from SFO DOL (PD - 4/02). We replied to 45 day letter in Mar - no news yet and I don't see any approvals in this(Philly) tracker too. Is Philly doing anything at all? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

me too ...

CA-RIR
PD: 09/02
RD: 10/03
45 day letter: end of May

whereismy_gc said:
Hello all,

Anyone with CA cases and the case is in Philly BEC instead to Dallas BEC.

I am the un-fortunate one :mad:

Details

CA-RIR
PD: 08/01/2002
RD: 06/23/2003
45 day letter: End of March '05

No new after that.

count me too!!!

Ca Rir Eb2
Pd:08/02/2002
Rd:06/25/03
Received 45 letter in Mid Feb 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
RIR- New Jersey May-2002
45 day letter-not received.
Company faxed inquiry letter 3 times,but no response.
anybody in the same boat?

Philly Info

Friends,
Philly BEC is currently working on only 2001 applications. If ever any approvals come it will be for a 2001 case. Now someone in this forum previously said we may get approvals for people who sent response for the 45 day letter. What i heard was even if the 45 day reponse was sent in early jan and if it is not a 2001 case they are not going to approve. Your application will simply be in the queue. In short, if your PD is not in 2001 wait till sept 05.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Friends,
Philly BEC is currently working on only 2001 applications. If ever any approvals come it will be for a 2001 case. Now someone in this forum previously said we may get approvals for people who sent response for the 45 day letter. What i heard was even if the 45 day reponse was sent in early jan and if it is not a 2001 case they are not going to approve. Your application will simply be in the queue. In short, if your PD is not in 2001 wait till sept 05.

What is the source of this rumor that Philly is currently working on 2001 cases??
There are hundreds of 2001 NYers who havent even received 45 day letters as yet.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Friends,

Hi Raj - Sep'05...Does that mean Philly will complete 2001 cased by then?

gcby2020 said:
What is the source of this rumor that Philly is currently working on 2001 cases??
There are hundreds of 2001 NYers who havent even received 45 day letters as yet.

It s actually not a rumor. I also got the news 2 months ago from a congressman who contacted BEC directly. They are currently working on April 2001 and they think that by sept/oct 2005 they will move to may 2001... the one that got they 45 days letters thou..

MannyD said:
I'm more confused now. Are you trying to make a statement that is different from what MDwatch said in his last post?

What i mean to say obtaining H1 is not an issue but transfer of status is an issue and so they may not able to start there H1 unless you are out of country for one year.

rania said:
Hi Guys,

I have been a faithful reader/contributor to this forum for sometime now. I waited since Feb 2002 for the LC to be certified. Unfortunately I was laid off a couple of days ago, and I lost everything associated with the immigration process. I now have 1 1/2 years left on my H1B. So I desperately need to get a new employer who will transfer over the H1B before the old employer terminates it.

Anyways, best of luck to you all. May all of you get your LCs approved quickly.

Best wishes,

Rania
Rania,
Sorry, I am late in knowing ur difficulty.
We do have few openings, If you are still looking for a job, please let me know your area of skills, BTW, I am talking about world's biggest networking compnay.
Pl send me an email to Albert.Johnn@GMail.Com
Thanks

GC_Geek said:
Rania,
Sorry, I am late in knowing ur difficulty.
We do have few openings, If you are still looking for a job, please let me know your area of skills, BTW, I am talking about world's biggest networking compnay.
Pl send me an email to Albert.Johnn@GMail.Com
Thanks
e
Your kind email enlightened my day! I am so happy to see people here helping each other here! I hope Rania gets job soon! I was very depressed and sad to see his email last night about his being laid off and I even had a fight with my spouse because of it.
Best of luck to everybody here! :)

juntha said:
It s actually not a rumor. I also got the news 2 months ago from a congressman who contacted BEC directly. They are currently working on April 2001 and they think that by sept/oct 2005 they will move to may 2001... the one that got they 45 days letters thou..
are they crazy? somebody just said all the 2001 case to be done by sept. 05.
:mad:

juntha said:
Then why don't they paste all 2001 cases on their fat asses (it seems they are stucking at 2001 cases forever!) and go to hell now! :rolleyes:

luckylucky said:
are they crazy? somebody just said all the 2001 case to be done by sept. 05.
:mad:

All 2001 cases to be done by sept 05??? says who?? Philly hasn't even done basic data entry for thousands of 2001 filers upto now. As Philly BEC has said before they will PROBABLY finish doing data entry by end of this summer. Which seems to be very optimistic statement to me. I am sory if I sound like a pessimistic but there is absolutely no indication from Philly that they have got their act together. I will be happy if all 2001 cases are done by dec 2005. For once I sincerely hope that I am proved wrong.

juntha said:
AMEN !

I am not supporting the 'campaign', but then i am French... I bet it GOT to be the French mentality ... lol

Anyway, on the info side, TWO members of the Dallas forum got approved today. Another proof that the system may be slow but it works. Now if all of you with PD 2003 could stop complaining and be patient ...think about us with PD 2001 ! It s true what they say... the older the wiser.

Hi, I am French too and still waiting for my LC. You scare me because I start my process last year, got my 45 days letter but when I read your comments look like it is gonna take for ever to get my LC. Do you know any way to find out where the process of our case is.