Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

GCanik said:
I have been reading this forum for a long while.. & for last couple of months I am reading this AGGRESIVE MOVEMENT AD CAMPAIGN.. & because people not supporting much, now I am seeing this BASHING INDIA / INDIAN MENTALITY Campaign...

What do you think you guys can get out of this ?? Even if we all get united & go to congress, DOL will simply say WE HAVE OUR PLAN IN PLACE FOR BACKLOG REDUCTION .. That's it !!! Even RAJIV KHANNA mentioned in one of his conf calls that NO ACTIONS POSSIBLE AGAINST DOL AS OF NOW AS DOL will come back & say we have established new system of LC called PERM.. People should take advantage of it, Old LC backlog will be cleared by BEC as per Release Blah blah blah whenever we have budget etc..

HOW DO I KNOW THIS? Because my friend, Been there done that ! Employees of 3 major IT companies (inculding me) forced congressmen/senators to look in to it.. after 30 days of in & Out couple of HR people & Attornies ware invited by DOL & told exactly what I wrote above..

NOW IF you still want to blame Indian Mentality .. Go ahead

-------------------------------------
God (if there is any) bless everyone !

If you are not bashed for what you said then definitely you are blessed by GOD, and sanity is prevailed Bravoo :)

Last edited by a moderator:
GCanik said:
HOW DO I KNOW THIS? Because my friend, Been there done that ! Employees of 3 major IT companies (inculding me) forced congressmen/senators to look in to it.. after 30 days of in & Out couple of HR people & Attornies ware invited by DOL & told exactly what I wrote above..

NOW IF you still want to blame Indian Mentality .. Go ahead

-------------------------------------
God (if there is any) bless everyone !

Thats the point. Your friend failed because he was alone. If I do it myself it wont make any difference, if you do it still its the same. But if we all start sending letters and emails to various sources listed out, than outcome would be different.

Just imagine 10 senators from different states inquiring Elaine Chao about the backlog. Do you think it makes any difference, might not. Next day when 5 more senators whine about the entropy, she will think about it. Week after when our plight is narrated by reknown newspapers like NYT or Philadelphia Inquirer, she will seriously think about eliminating the backlog.

I am also optimistic about geting my case adjudicated by end of next year. But I have been through roller coaster of false hope when NJ SWA started processing files from April 2001 and suddenly they stopped at May 2002.
Anything can happen (Kennedy/McCain bill, weak economy...) during that period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Email adress to get a certificate to get a 7th year extension for H1B

juntha said:
OH , And i forgot. DOL just issued the official Email adress to get a certificate to get a 7th year extension for H1B. This forum is so depressing people don t even give info anymore... And, just in !... A THIRD member of the dallas forum got approved today ! That s 3 in the same day !

Could you please provide us with the official Email adress to get a certificate to get a 7th year extension for H1B or the link to get this address?

Thank you.

Two facts regarding FIFO

I have a comment regarding the FIFO here. I got my 45 days letter just last week. My PD was in middle Oct, 2002, a RIR-EB2 Case (New Jersey). All I am trying to say is based on two facts: 1. A real case that has really happened. 2 The FAQ posted by the Backlog Center on line http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_5-2-05.pdf.

1. My Canadian friend filed her RIR-EB2 from northern New Jersey around June, 2002. She got her 45 days letter in Feb, 2005 and got her LABOR CERTIFICATE around April. Now she is doing I 140 application.

2. According to the Backlog Processing FAQ:

Q & A No. 1: Yes, there will be two processing tracks - RIR and TR. Each track will have a separate FIFO queue. ....
Q & A No. 4: ........However, we anticipate that the processing time for RIR case will be shorter than TR cases.

I am NOT trying to tell any one how the time frame of the process should be, just simply because I do NOT know; however, these are the two facts that I have seen with my own eyes. Just for your information.

FIFO? F**** business of PBRC

Based on the approvals they say one thing and doing another things. These PBRC is another Dead organization created to fool us to the maximum and squeezes to the maximum.
God Bless America!
:mad:
NJ Oct02-PD said:
I have a comment regarding the FIFO here. I got my 45 days letter just last week. My PD was in middle Oct, 2002, a RIR-EB2 Case (New Jersey). All I am trying to say is based on two facts: 1. A real case that has really happened. 2 The FAQ posted by the Backlog Center on line http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_5-2-05.pdf.

1. My Canadian friend filed her RIR-EB2 from northern New Jersey around June, 2002. She got her 45 days letter in Feb, 2005 and got her LABOR CERTIFICATE around April. Now she is doing I 140 application.

Q & A No. 1: Yes, there will be two processing tracks - RIR and TR. Each track will have a separate FIFO queue. ....
Q & A No. 4: ........However, we anticipate that the processing time for RIR case will be shorter than TR cases.

I am NOT trying to tell any one how the time frame of the process should be, just simply because I do NOT know; however, these are the two facts that I have seen with my own eyes. Just for your information.

Hi Gurus
Please Advice....
This question may be little out of scope of this thread sorry for that but One of my friend want to know what is required in TAX RETURN for I140/485? means only W2 forms are Ok or He needs to send full copy ( 20 pages each) of Tax REturns of last 3 years ....
Thanks,
-ADA

Urgent response appreciated

I would appreciate if some one can share their view on the Pre approved LC as well as yesterday I got an email from a company (ABC) who got outsourced contract from my company (XYZ).

1st email:

"Here are the statements that apply, if you join ABC. Same applies to the H-1 visa. ABC becomes the Sucessor-in-Interest employer. We file an H-1 petition to "amend" your visa from XYZ to ABC, prior to the DOH - date of hire. This allows you to start working for ABC. If there has been a change in work location, let me know.

The Labor Certification
(1st stage of process) is portable from XYZ if the following conditions are met:

the new position is the "same or similar" to the position filed during the Labor Certification filing the employment is within the "same geographical area" as the previous filing location during the Labor Certification stage.

2nd Email:

Your visa is good until Feb 07(My 6th Expires), therefore, ABC would keep the current LC since your job will be similar with ABC as it has been with XYZ. I believe Mr. X explained this to you and that pending LC's can be transferred when ABC becomes the Sucessor-in-Interest employer which is the case in outsourcing alliances like this XYZ/ABC agreement.

Big Question IS IT POSSIBLE !!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am looking for second opinion from you folks who have sources.

mast1006 said:
Can some one explain me how " PRE APPROVE LC" works.

Recently my company has outsourced our department to a big USA company. New company wants us to come on board with them and are ready to give me "PRE APPROVED LC"

I would appreciate if someone can tell what I should check on it, such PD, etc....

Thanks

is there any more pre approved labor?

I have a good job and they can take over if hey have a pre approved labor

mast1006 said:
I would appreciate if some one can share their view on the Pre approved LC as well as yesterday I got an email from a company (ABC) who got outsourced contract from my company (XYZ).

1st email:

"Here are the statements that apply, if you join ABC. Same applies to the H-1 visa. ABC becomes the Sucessor-in-Interest employer. We file an H-1 petition to "amend" your visa from XYZ to ABC, prior to the DOH - date of hire. This allows you to start working for ABC. If there has been a change in work location, let me know.

The Labor Certification
(1st stage of process) is portable from XYZ if the following conditions are met:

the new position is the "same or similar" to the position filed during the Labor Certification filing the employment is within the "same geographical area" as the previous filing location during the Labor Certification stage.

2nd Email:

Your visa is good until Feb 07(My 6th Expires), therefore, ABC would keep the current LC since your job will be similar with ABC as it has been with XYZ. I believe Mr. X explained this to you and that pending LC's can be transferred when ABC becomes the Sucessor-in-Interest employer which is the case in outsourcing alliances like this XYZ/ABC agreement.

Big Question IS IT POSSIBLE !!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am looking for second opinion from you folks who have sources.

NJ Filing May-02, 45 day letter not received --any Comments?

NJ Oct02-PD said:

Question

Gurus

My spouse is on H1. At any stage in GC process do we need to produce any documents of my spouse related to her status (H1B) like paystud, W2. Any input appreciated

thanx

job title

This is a job title question:

I want to apply another LC by using different job title. I haven't hold this title now. Does the law require the applicant to have the job title by the time I 485 applies or the time I 485 is approved?

Thanks!

I am sending a email to John Macain since he is quite respected and he is on a high-profile immigration committee.

I just sent an email to Ms Elaine Chow.Please share the email address of Mr John Macain,so others can send in too.

Guys - WAKE UP!! It's time to ACT NOW!!! Enough of chatting ... GO!! GO!! GO!!

gcmail said:
I am sending a email to John !!Macain since he is quite respected and he is on a high-profile immigration committee.

dicaile said:
Could you please provide us with the official Email adress to get a certificate to get a 7th year extension for H1B or the link to get this address?

If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send an e-mail to:

h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us <mailto:h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us>

Your patience is appreciated.

Thank you.

NJ Labor filing May-02,RIR

My case was filed under RIR in Mar-02 from NJ.
My lawyer never received 45 day letter.
My company wrote letter 2 times to BEC ,PA for inquiry.
Has anybody the same situation?
Any suggestion?

Thanks.

7th year extension for Phily

You have reached the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

H-1B extensions please email your request to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US

I had already posted this info earlier this month

Your number is for both PHI and DAS or just for PHI?

where_is_it said:
Hi all,

For benefit of everyone(including me),I ran few MS-Access queries on the database downloaded from "flcdatacenter.com" last year named "Perm_external_FY2004.mdb" and got following
figures:

1) Year 2001 - 12,298
2) Year 2002 - 08,297
3) Year 2003 - 20,628
4) Year 2004 - 04,019 (Since the database was not having complete 2004 figures)

These are the number of LC applications which were not "Certified" and had "Recieved
Regional Office" in the "Last Sig Event" column.

Also I found that each year around 140,000 applications are alloted to each EB category.
Remember that each nation can have a max of 7% of this figure(so around 9800) and each
member of family consumes one visa number.Kindly correct me if someone else has a better
info on the allocated visa numbers.

Hope this data gives us some idea on the approx.timeframes we should expect in this time of anxiety and uncertainity.

Can someone provide guidance

Please provide comments on where you think my application is:

Filed for Traditional LC in Washington DC: April 2003
Went to regional DOL for final adjudication: August 2004
Got 45 day letter from Phila BRC: Feb 2005

Initially I heard from the attorney that I should know something this summer, but so far no word.

Can anyone shed any light on this. Sorry, I am new to the forum