Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hi,

Did any one get the 45 day letter who filed from Harrisburg? My PD is May 2004, and have not received the 45 day letter yet.

Thanks..

jiangnan said:
DvWinner I thought you were the immigration visa lottery winner per your previous posts.

What I got to know from previous posts on this board, BEC possibly needs a mail reduction center to send out the approvals. The reason for such a delay in mailing? I do not know.

yeah lottery winner but no hopes from that too ..and employment based too filed in may 2001 ...

DOL Update from My Contact @ BEC

This an update from what i heard from my source. I was told that they are going to complete all 2001 cases by Sept 05. So guys who have PD's after 2001 ... you can safely wait till this year end. As i said in my earlier posts they are hardly 5 guys who are really approving the cases.

This makes sense and also now raj's info is in conformity with aprlc's. If Philly BEC can finish all the 2001 TR cases or even the cases prior to 2001 by the end of Jun or in early July per aprlc's insight, it still needs at least another two months to finish all the rest of 2001 RIR cases, no matter how many they are.

However, with the need of setting up a "mail reduction center" there, the 2001 case holders may not be able to hear from Philly before the end of this year. As for the 2002 case holders like me, I doubt when I can hear from them, even an RFE or simply a rejection.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
This an update from what i heard from my source. I was told that they are going to complete all 2001 cases by Sept 05. So guys who have PD's after 2001 ... you can safely wait till this year end. As i said in my earlier posts they are hardly 5 guys who are really approving the cases.

Phily Vs Dallas

Considering equal amount of cases sent to Dallas & Phily, and with so much of resources working on the cases, I couldnt understand why there is a delay in Phily alone. Dallas has started sending approvals, even 2002.

Is that Phily has been asked to delay and Dallas to expedite ? Strange. :confused:

jiangnan said:
This makes sense and also now raj's info is in conformity with aprlc's. If Philly BEC can finish all the 2001 TR cases or even the cases prior to 2001 by the end of Jun or in early July per aprlc's insight, it still needs at least another two months to finish all the rest of 2001 RIR cases, no matter how many they are.

However, with the need of setting up a "mail reduction center" there, the 2001 case holders may not be able to hear from Philly before the end of this year. As for the 2002 case holders like me, I doubt when I can hear from them, even an RFE or simply a rejection.

That makes sense.

Just want to clarify misconception that if your PD is 2004 and still got 45 day letter that doesn't mean your case will be adjudicated within a month or two. DOL is going to strictly follow FIFO, so only after all 2001, 2002 cases are adjudicated, 2003, 2004 will be processed. As somebody said before if your PD is 2003 or 2004 forget about it till next summer or while you are here, you can make an impact by supporting various (go to my link below, Spidey's letter campaign...) initiative to raise the awareness.

The way its going at BEC, I don't think anybody is pleased with it. Even with no unforseen circumstances or legislations, at this pase DOL will be able to adjudicate 2002 cases earliest in late 2006.

So I think just having 5-10 members actively working toward raising awareness won't work. We need task force
of 30-50 people who spread word around about our initiative.

aprlc2002 said:
Nothing new.. almost done with Dec 01 TR cases. Some approvals petitions are already mailed (may be lucky ones). Already started working on cases which have not made it to Regional from 01 and before... they even have cases from 1998 itseems. I dont know where they are from! RIR petitions had are catchin up with speed.

One INteresting thing There are very low RIR applcations for 2001 it seems. does not know why if anyone who had good understanding of the data can answer this.

Thats all folks.

I am thinking all RIR cases from 2001 should have been approved by now, doesnt' matter Dallas or CA, if not they might have been remanded back to state to be processed as regular case!!

PA BEC Phone #

Hi
I would like to contact PA-BEC to know the status of my Labor. How can I reach them? What is the Phone number or email id?

RIR-EB2
PD: CA-May 1st, 2002.
RD: CA-May 10th, 2003.
Recd 45 Days letter and Replied on Dec 27th, 04.

Any help would be highely appreciated.

Thanks

I agree with this. We need to create a mass level awareness to the Congressmen/Senators/AILA.
They are the ones who have a muscle in these matters.

The awareness campaign started by Spidey is a crucial step in this direction.Instead of
sitting and doing guesswork and or doing nothing,let's make that meaningful step to show that
we all stand united in this and have a say in these matters.

Let me quote an example of what people think about us-I recently met a person who is an
American and happened to spend few years in India on work.So he is pretty familiar with our
culture etc.When I asked him about his views on the immigrant community from India,he said-
Despite you all being so immensely qualified and well placed in this country(US),you guys
are not a united community when it comes to making an impact...You guys do well at micro
level but still don't want to see the macro picture.

To certain extent I agree to his views-Look at this forum,how many of you have seriously
thought of how can we get our voices regarding the slowness in BEC across to the right people?
I see a lot of people here(including me),doing all sort of analysis to predict an outcome
which shall give us an estimated date for our cases like flcdatacenter queries,trying to understand the
intricacies of what happens when,BEC calls,news from somebody etc but very few of us really made
anything meaningful to convey our voice to the real decision makers...

I feel we should start getting ideas together to make our voice heard...
Just my thoughts, you guys can differ...

USCISisMockery said:
That makes sense.

Just want to clarify misconception that if your PD is 2004 and still got 45 day letter that doesn't mean your case will be adjudicated within a month or two. DOL is going to strictly follow FIFO, so only after all 2001, 2002 cases are adjudicated, 2003, 2004 will be processed. As somebody said before if your PD is 2003 or 2004 forget about it till next summer or while you are here, you can make an impact by supporting various (go to my link below, Spidey's letter campaign...) initiative to raise the awareness.

The way its going at BEC, I don't think anybody is pleased with it. Even with no unforseen circumstances or legislations, at this pase DOL will be able to adjudicate 2002 cases earliest in late 2006.

So I think just having 5-10 members actively working toward raising awareness won't work. We need task force
of 30-50 people who spread word around about our initiative.

Guys are philly are dumb. CO's at DBEC has to go slow because of stupid guys @ PBEC. DBEC are already 10 months ahead in Analysis Q (per Icarus DBEC @ 09/2002). PBEC needs summer to finish only 2001 cases. :mad: :mad: :mad:

whenwilliget said:
Considering equal amount of cases sent to Dallas & Phily, and with so much of resources working on the cases, I couldnt understand why there is a delay in Phily alone. Dallas has started sending approvals, even 2002.

Is that Phily has been asked to delay and Dallas to expedite ? Strange. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
where_is_it said:
I agree with this. We need to create a mass level awareness to the Congressmen/Senators/AILA.
They are the ones who have a muscle in these matters.

The awareness campaign started by Spidey is a crucial step in this direction.Instead of
sitting and doing guesswork and or doing nothing,let's make that meaningful step to show that
we all stand united in this and have a say in these matters.

Let me quote an example of what people think about us-I recently met a person who is an
American and happened to spend few years in India on work.So he is pretty familiar with our
culture etc.When I asked him about his views on the immigrant community from India,he said-
Despite you all being so immensely qualified and well placed in this country(US),you guys
are not a united community when it comes to making an impact...You guys do well at micro
level but still don't want to see the macro picture.

To certain extent I agree to his views-Look at this forum,how many of you have seriously
thought of how can we get our voices regarding the slowness in BEC across to the right people?
I see a lot of people here(including me),doing all sort of analysis to predict an outcome
which shall give us an estimated date for our cases like flcdatacenter queries,trying to understand the
intricacies of what happens when,BEC calls,news from somebody etc but very few of us really made
anything meaningful to convey our voice to the real decision makers...

I feel we should start getting ideas together to make our voice heard...
Just my thoughts, you guys can differ...

We need more members like you who just don't keep on predicting but who has some fire, desire to take action against the backlog. Keep coming to the site and don't loose hope.

More important, if you want to support this cause, you have to raise your voice atleast on this forum.

We all are waiting, predicting and speculating for 3 years. Now its time to take action. If you don't speak how in the world your local politician, media will know whats bugging you. 99% in US still thinks that H1s means a method by which you give US citizen job to foreigner. If president himself has to travel the country for 4 month to spread/market/lobby his agenda (social security), we should be storming NYT and Washington Times by now with our plight.

Unity is the reason, Indians being very qualified are still not quite present in management. We lack broad mentality that if it benefits community, it will benefit an individual also.

Again, I can't stress it any more
If you believe in taking action or are interested in, please raise your voice atleast in this forums so that others are encouraged by your support. Remember X raised to 2 (1 leads to 2, 2 leads to 4, 4 to 16, 16 to 256...)

USCISisMockery said:
We need more members like you who just don't keep on predicting but who has some fire, desire to take action against the backlog. Keep coming to the site and don't loose hope.

More important, if you want to support this cause, you have to raise your voice atleast on this forum.

We all are waiting, predicting and speculating for 3 years. Now its time to take action. If you don't speak how in the world your local politician, media will know whats bugging you. 99% in US still thinks that H1s means a method by which you give US citizen job to foreigner. If president himself has to travel the country for 4 month to spread/market/lobby his agenda (social security), we should be storming NYT and Washington Times by now with our plight.

Unity is the reason, Indians being very qualified are still not quite present in management. We lack broad mentality that if it benefits community, it will benefit an individual also.

Again, I can't stress it any more
If you believe in taking action or are interested in, please raise your voice atleast in this forums so that others are encouraged by your support. Remember X raised to 2 (1 leads to 2, 2 leads to 4, 4 to 16, 16 to 256...)

I have been reading this forum for a long while.. & for last couple of months I am reading this AGGRESIVE MOVEMENT AD CAMPAIGN.. & because people not supporting much, now I am seeing this BASHING INDIA / INDIAN MENTALITY Campaign...

What do you think you guys can get out of this ?? Even if we all get united & go to congress, DOL will simply say WE HAVE OUR PLAN IN PLACE FOR BACKLOG REDUCTION .. That's it !!! Even RAJIV KHANNA mentioned in one of his conf calls that NO ACTIONS POSSIBLE AGAINST DOL AS OF NOW AS DOL will come back & say we have established new system of LC called PERM.. People should take advantage of it, Old LC backlog will be cleared by BEC as per Release Blah blah blah whenever we have budget etc..

HOW DO I KNOW THIS? Because my friend, Been there done that ! Employees of 3 major IT companies (inculding me) forced congressmen/senators to look in to it.. after 30 days of in & Out couple of HR people & Attornies ware invited by DOL & told exactly what I wrote above..

NOW IF you still want to blame Indian Mentality .. Go ahead

-------------------------------------
God (if there is any) bless everyone !

GCanik said:
I have been reading this forum for a long while.. & for last couple of months I am reading this AGGRESIVE MOVEMENT AD CAMPAIGN.. & because people not supporting much, now I am seeing this BASHING INDIA / INDIAN MENTALITY Campaign...

What do you think you guys can get out of this ?? Even if we all get united & go to congress, DOL will simply say WE HAVE OUR PLAN IN PLACE FOR BACKLOG REDUCTION .. That's it !!! Even RAJIV KHANNA mentioned in one of his conf calls that NO ACTIONS POSSIBLE AGAINST DOL AS OF NOW AS DOL will come back & say we have established new system of LC called PERM.. People should take advantage of it, Old LC backlog will be cleared by BEC as per Release Blah blah blah whenever we have budget etc..

HOW DO I KNOW THIS? Because my friend, Been there done that ! Employees of 3 major IT companies (inculding me) forced congressmen/senators to look in to it.. after 30 days of in & Out couple of HR people & Attornies ware invited by DOL & told exactly what I wrote above..

AMEN !

I am not supporting the 'campaign', but then i am French... I bet it GOT to be the French mentality ... lol

Anyway, on the info side, TWO members of the Dallas forum got approved today. Another proof that the system may be slow but it works. Now if all of you with PD 2003 could stop complaining and be patient ...think about us with PD 2001 ! It s true what they say... the older the wiser.

what I feel...

honestly if you are in engineering field and doing not so cutting edge staff ...

your job may not be needed here .

Somewhere in your home, people can do it with a better cost .

Personally, I do not think the market here is really doing that great !
A lof of false images are made by the news ...etc ..

DOL will process it with their own pace . Are we really the interest of America at this time ?

Just wait and see ... :mad:

juntha said:
AMEN !

I am not supporting the 'campaign', but then i am French... I bet it GOT to be the French mentality ... lol

Anyway, on the info side, TWO members of the Dallas forum got approved today. Another proof that the system may be slow but it works. Now if all of you with PD 2003 could stop complaining and be patient ...think about us with PD 2001 ! It s true what they say... the older the wiser.

OH , And i forgot. DOL just issued the official Email adress to get a certificate to get a 7th year extension for H1B. This forum is so depressing people don t even give info anymore... And, just in !... A THIRD member of the dallas forum got approved today ! That s 3 in the same day !

I still believe there is a room for better Senator/etc awareness. Especially given slowness of Philly compared to Dallas.

Even if you do not support the campaign - find someone who does and ask them to send a letter! If your voice won't change much, may be your friends voices will. Anyway, we all know how much silence and depression could change (both in politics and in personal life) - at best NOTHING ;)

I would very much appreciate if we try not to discourage each other from doing something... just anything someone thinks could be useful... unless it's illegal or dangerous.

So, find your friends, regardless of PD - any date including 2005 will work - and ask them to send a letter. Do it regardless of your origin, regardless of what Indians/Russians/etc/etc think about themselves, and regardless of what others think about them or about themselves :)

And here is the letter: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=173573&page=1&pp=15

Have fun!

Igor

igor_ch said:
I still believe there is a room for better Senator/etc awareness. Especially given slowness of Philly compared to Dallas.

Even if you do not support the campaign - find someone who does and ask them to send a letter! If your voice won't change much, may be your friends voices will. Anyway, we all know how much silence and depression could change (both in politics and in personal life) - at best NOTHING ;)

I would very much appreciate if we try not to discourage each other from doing something... just anything someone thinks could be useful... unless it's illegal or dangerous.

So, find your friends, regardless of PD - any date including 2005 will work - and ask them to send a letter. Do it regardless of your origin, regardless of what Indians/Russians/etc/etc think about themselves, and regardless of what others think about them or about themselves :)

And here is the letter: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=173573&page=1&pp=15

Have fun!

Igor

What is the point of doing this if result is NOTHING ??.. Just stop advertising again & again... people of this thread already know about this, if they want to they will come to your thread & sign the letter..

GCanik said:

Well Said... I was also one of them who got this response from DOL