Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Lawyer just writes back saying that the petition is valid. DOL just wants to make sure since there could be so many petitions out there where the company closed down or the person was laid off, etc.

dcmetro22042 said:
brings me back to my Q. When the lawyers reply back, they do immediately process or wait for all the letters to return back.
Processing will begin shortly (currently scheduled for Jan. '05). Although most employees at BEC have been assisting in data entry, as responses begin to arrive, groups of employees will begin the roles they were hired to fill, be it RIR analysis, TR analysis, Prevailing Wage, etc. Since shipments of backlogged files will continue to arrive through March of '05 as per DOL guidelines, with the estimated data entry workload to continue through March of '06, obviously waiting for another 16 months to begin the analysis/certification process would be counterproductive to the whole purpose of BEC's establishment. (except to the extremely cynical, who may argue, that further delay IS BEC's unstated mandate :rolleyes: )

I am on Vacation till 16th Jan

Guys,
I am indeed on vacation. I cannot call the lady (its night AM for me). Can Tomshu please ask and confirm about letters going out. The most important question is have they laid down the process to figure out what/how soon/in what way they will decide on the case once the lawyer response is rcvd.

rgds,
a

Did they start sending leters for Oct 2003? Tired of waiting for the last 4 years. still confused how , what pattern, they decide to send the letters.

I filed my labor from NJ in July 2002 in RIR.. Has anyone got letter from BEC who filed same time or after July 2002.

Also, Does it make sense for July2002 filers to convert to PERM?. PERM will start from March 28 and 60 days turnaround time make it 5 month. Do you guys think they'll process my case with-in 5 month..

Thanks,

agtmc2ae
I am in the same status as you mine is filed on Jun2002 but considering state/federal time it will at least tack 4 to 5 months , but i have heard from my HR dept under Perm the Laws going to be very stirct so i think it better to wait for few more months.

Icarus: Thanks for the reponse. Please update us when it begins as you seem to be really well updated on their moves. I am hoping that it really starts moving in Jan now.

Icarus said:
Processing will begin shortly (currently scheduled for Jan. '05). Although most employees at BEC have been assisting in data entry, as responses begin to arrive, groups of employees will begin the roles they were hired to fill, be it RIR analysis, TR analysis, Prevailing Wage, etc. Since shipments of backlogged files will continue to arrive through March of '05 as per DOL guidelines, with the estimated data entry workload to continue through March of '06, obviously waiting for another 16 months to begin the analysis/certification process would be counterproductive to the whole purpose of BEC's establishment. (except to the extremely cynical, who may argue, that further delay IS BEC's unstated mandate :rolleyes: )

Update

I got a call from my lawyer's office today saying that they have received a packet from DOL and that we need to respond to it by submitting company documentation on taxes, contracts, revenue etc.

So this is good news, the letters are finally going out.

I filed under RIR in Oct 2002 from VA, case moved to Philly in May 2004.

clzeus10 said:
I got a call from my lawyer's office today saying that they have received a packet from DOL and that we need to respond to it by submitting company documentation on taxes, contracts, revenue etc.

So this is good news, the letters are finally going out.

I filed under RIR in Oct 2002 from VA, case moved to Philly in May 2004.

Congrats clzeus10!!! Thanks for sharing the info.

Did they give you a new BEC case number?

It would be really nice if Philly BEC can establish an online case status checking system or a AVM.

Has anyone from SFO received the 45 day letter?

Hello,

Has anyone from SF Office received the 45 day letter from Philly BEC? If yes, can you please let us know the PD and RD?

Thanks
DK

mvinays said:
Congrats clzeus10!!! Thanks for sharing the info.

Did they give you a new BEC case number?

It would be really nice if Philly BEC can establish an online case status checking system or a AVM.

I am not sure about whether BEC is issuing case numbers or not, I plan to go to the lawyer's office tomorrow so will find out more then.

clzeus10 said:
I am not sure about whether BEC is issuing case numbers or not, I plan to go to the lawyer's office tomorrow so will find out more then.

Guyz,

Aftr clzeus10 BEC letter, the big question, Is the letter coming out based on SWA receiving date or philly receiving date?? I think we needs more BEC receiving letter information to draw a conclusion.

RahulatDC said:
Guyz,

Aftr clzeus10 BEC letter, the big question, Is the letter coming out based on SWA receiving date or philly receiving date?? I think we needs more BEC receiving letter information to draw a conclusion.

Looks like letters are coming out Randomly, so much for creating BEC.

GC_Lover said:
Looks like letters are coming out Randomly, so much for creating BEC.
priority won't be established until responses are received back at the BEC. If Philly is sending letters in a manner similar to Dallas, letters are being generated in roughly the order their data was transferred to the PBLS system. Once responses are received, they are prioritized by Local Office received date for processing under RIR or traditional.

SESA Cases

Any idea about how the unopened cases from SESA will be handled ?
Will they be considered for processing after completing the Regional cases
or will they be entered in the system as soon as they are received in BECs ?

States like NY, NJ are back logged too much.

njrirnov02 said:
Any idea about how the unopened cases from SESA will be handled ?
Will they be considered for processing after completing the Regional cases
or will they be entered in the system as soon as they are received in BECs ?

States like NY, NJ are back logged too much.

and CA also, they are processing regular cases from 2001, Apr, all those illegal cases...

Congrats hopeGC2005!

Could you please post your case details?

State/Priority Date/Category/DOL Receipt Date.

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

hopeGC2005 said:
Received "love letter" from USCIS,asking whether to continue or not.
Philly Dol Date- Jun 2004