Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Icarus

Icarus said:
First trial batch of letters produced today (12/13) by Dallas BEC. Tomorrow should be first full day of letter production. :D
Icarus, I posted a message on the thread for Dallas BEC thread and were told not to post there for anything related to Philly BEC. Do you have any information on Philly BEC letters?

pennwaiting said:
Icarus, I posted a message on the thread for Dallas BEC thread and were told not to post there for anything related to Philly BEC. Do you have any information on Philly BEC letters?
Nothing specific. Both centers use the same server and progress toward letters being generated has been relatively even. If anything more definite becomes available, will notify.

PERM cleared !!!!

http://www.immigration-law.com

Also, from www.murthy.com

OMB Completes Review of PERM
Dec 14, 2004

The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has finally cleared its review of the PERM regulation. It contains the notation "Consistent with Change." Now that OMB has completed its review, the DOL must decide whether or when to publish PERM in the Federal Register so that it may be implemented effective from a certain date.

The PERM procedures cannot go into effect until the final regulation is published in the Federal Register. The DOL mentioned that they had changed the effective date for PERM from 120 days to only 60 days after its publication in the Federal Register.

Watch MurthyDotCom for more on this important development!

Last edited by a moderator:
dcmetro22042 said:
Icarus: So there is no news when the letters might be sent out, right?
Dallas BEC letters started going out in small batches 12/13. Unfortunately, source doesn't have specific info on where Philly stands re: printing. Has anyone spoken to "the lady" lately?

rincytom said:
Hi Friends,
How do we know whether our case is EB2 or EB3?

I asked my lawer now and he says you can not specify EB3 or EB2 in the labour application.

Do anybody know whether he is saying right?
How do I know whether it is EB3 or EB2. I have a copy of the 750A application and the clumn 14 says the Minimum education reqd as B.S in Engineering, Minimum experience required as 6 yrs.

Anybody have any idea?

Your Lawyer is right.. There are no EB2/3 classifications in LC. But if minimum Qual/Exp required for position in mentioned as MS or BS+5 progressive years, then that LC qualifies for EB-2 filing. so In your case the LC can be used to file I140 in EB-2.

Reg Letters from DOL

Hey all,
Just thought this message will bring some sort of solace into the hearts of everyone reading this thread...that there is little bit of progress in the Philly BEC.

I am almost completing 6 years on H1, and thus applied for a 7th year extension. Wrote a mail to my lawyer asking for an update on that, and also to check up on the letters to be sent out by the DOL.

Got a mail from the lawyer.....

"We will respond to the Department of Labor letter on your behalf upon receipt. This office received our first such letter today."

So i guess someone finally figured out how to print those darned letters and POST them.....

krik,

I really appreciate you for providing us with this vital information. What was the postmarked date on that letter? Could you please share your case details.
Once again, I truly thank you for keeping us all posted.

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

krik said:
Hey all,
Just thought this message will bring some sort of solace into the hearts of everyone reading this thread...that there is little bit of progress in the Philly BEC.

I am almost completing 6 years on H1, and thus applied for a 7th year extension. Wrote a mail to my lawyer asking for an update on that, and also to check up on the letters to be sent out by the DOL.

"We will respond to the Department of Labor letter on your behalf upon receipt. This office received our first such letter today."

So i guess someone finally figured out how to print those darned letters and POST them.....

krik said:
Hey all,

krik, thank you for the info. Are you sure your lawyer received a letter from Philly BEC? He/she can also represent someone under Dallas BEC.

krik said:
Hey all,

My lawyer told me today that he has not received any letter yet but another lawyer from the same building has recived several letters today... he told me to espect some good news shortly :D :D :D :D

Hope someone could call the 'lady' and confirm that the letters are truly being sent out. Seems that Akela and Tomshu are out on vacation.

DOL Philly info.

Today I called lawyer to know about the status of my case. The paralegal told me that they received one letter from DOL/Philly yesterday. This indicates some progress.

SRK. :cool:

Was that letter for your case? Can you please provide details on your priority date and when your case was forwarded to Philly?

Re: DOL Philly

In response to following post.
Was that letter for your case? Can you please provide details on your priority date and when your case was forwarded to Philly?

------------

It was not my case.

Date to State 02/13/2002
Date to DOL 07/21/2003.
I have not yet received any info. on my case.

SRK

Alright thanks. Do u know what was the priority date or the date when that case was received by Philly DOL? One that received the 45-day letter? The above details you gave are for your case, right?

letters

"We have just started to receive notices from the Department of Labor Backlog Reduction Center and yours was one of the first ones that we received. The only thing they asked was whether the company wants to continue the labor certification process.

Even from the very beginning they seem to be inconsistent in terms of the order in which they are sending out these notices."

This is the response one of my friend got, his PD was april 2002, but u guys are saying even letters has been sent out for april 2003- can any one clarify on it and tell me what is the PD for Philly.

any help is appreciated.

So once they end the letters out and the lawyers respond back, I would like to see when Philly DOL/BEC approves these cases. I hope they dont wait for all the letters to be sent out and replied back before starting to work on the cases. I hope there is separate staff dedicated towards sending the letters and for processing/approving the cases.

myGCTracker said:
"We have just started to receive notices from the Department of Labor Backlog Reduction Center and yours was one of the first ones that we received. The only thing they asked was whether the company wants to continue the labor certification process.

Even from the very beginning they seem to be inconsistent in terms of the order in which they are sending out these notices."

This is the response one of my friend got, his PD was april 2002, but u guys are saying even letters has been sent out for april 2003- can any one clarify on it and tell me what is the PD for Philly.

any help is appreciated.

I don't think PD matters here, looks like they are sending letters by the date at which case was moved to Philly DOL/BEC so state wise PD does not matter, this is just my guess from reading all other posts.

brings me back to my Q. When the lawyers reply back, they do immediately process or wait for all the letters to return back.