Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

aamchimumbai said:
Thanks Desi Unlucky and djb for your responses.

Those two links were definitely helpful.

We should start a thread to discuss the experiences of those who are going through/have gone through change of employer after I-140 approval.

Anyone with first hand experience in this matter - please initiate a thread...

smallamp1 said:
Guys,

anyone here can point me to a good immigration lawyer who can adivse me and who is available NOW??

I am on my 8th yr of H1B expiring in Jun of next year.. My client offered me a FullTime position.. they r willing to file for my GC too...

Now my questions are:
1. If they apply for my LC thru Perm now, and when they want toapply for my H1B extension next June How can they show that I have my LC applied 1 year before?
2. If I have my I140 cleared, Can I extend my H1B even if I have not applied for my LC 1 year before my 6 years of H1B?

Guys This is very urgent.. Any info/help would be really really appreciated.

Thanks

For (2) - you can...for 3 years even if you have not applied for your LC 1 year before...

StressTestInUSA said:
I think you should file thru PERM asap,as you have about 6-7 months time from now and file for i140 - premium process by May 2007 and file for H1 extn based on approved i140.

also have this Eb3 i140 approved...be ready with all the green dollars

Hi!

From your signature, I gathered that your LC filed by company A was taken our by company B.
1. Did company B take over while your LC was pending or after LC was approved?
2. If your LC was pending when company B took over, will you be able to keep your company A PD?

My PD from my current company if July 2004 and the client wants to hire me. If client re-applies LC for me, I am afraid I will lose my 2004 PD. From your case, it seems like it is possible to keep the old company PD and move the same LC to the new company.

Please provide your comments. Thanks!

GAPDJuly062004 said:
Hi!

From your signature, I gathered that your LC filed by company A was taken our by company B.
1. Did company B take over while your LC was pending or after LC was approved?
2. If your LC was pending when company B took over, will you be able to keep your company A PD?

My PD from my current company if July 2004 and the client wants to hire me. If client re-applies LC for me, I am afraid I will lose my 2004 PD. From your case, it seems like it is possible to keep the old company PD and move the same LC to the new company.

Please provide your comments. Thanks!

It was my horror story...!! actually I filed my Labor in Dec 2002 and my employer sold it off in November 2nd week..and he even signs my Labor petition during that week..I dint know about it until 2003 March/April..

anyways..the company which tookover the old company signed the 45 day letter and I joined back him and filed/ing i140 with this guy..

In your case I understand that the client will have a new PD, the old 2004 PD belongs to the employer...unless the 2004 employer takes over the client and provide the takeover documentation...the 2004 PD remains..

RIR Conversion Extension

DOL extends converion of TR cases to RIR...

http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/

------------------------------------------------------------------

Because the Reduction in Recruitment (RIR) application processing takes significantly less time than Traditional Recruitment (TR) to reach resolution on the application, the Department of Labor (DOL) previously encouraged employers to convert TR applications to RIR by following the process established by 66 FR 40584. The Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) announces that it is extending the application date for employers who wish to convert their TR applications to RIR applications.

As of this announcement, any TR application (excluding those for schedule B occupations) submitted to a SWA with a postmark dated on or before March 28, 2005 may request conversion to RIR by following the established process. For additional information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section here.

StressTestInUSA said:
It was my horror story...!! actually I filed my Labor in Dec 2002 and my employer sold it off in November 2nd week..and he even signs my Labor petition during that week..I dint know about it until 2003 March/April..

anyways..the company which tookover the old company signed the 45 day letter and I joined back him and filed/ing i140 with this guy..

In your case I understand that the client will have a new PD, the old 2004 PD belongs to the employer...unless the 2004 employer takes over the client and provide the takeover documentation...the 2004 PD remains..

Thank you!
I am glad you got out of that mess. Congrats on your labor being certified! I guess in my case, the best option would be to sit tight where I am right now, atleast till my Labor & I-140 are approved. After I-140 approval, I can port my PD to the new employer.

prevailing wage

Saurav_4096 said:
DOL extends converion of TR cases to RIR...

http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/

------------------------------------------------------------------

Because the Reduction in Recruitment (RIR) application processing takes significantly less time than Traditional Recruitment (TR) to reach resolution on the application, the Department of Labor (DOL) previously encouraged employers to convert TR applications to RIR by following the process established by 66 FR 40584. The Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) announces that it is extending the application date for employers who wish to convert their TR applications to RIR applications.

As of this announcement, any TR application (excluding those for schedule B occupations) submitted to a SWA with a postmark dated on or before March 28, 2005 may request conversion to RIR by following the established process. For additional information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section here.

I read the FAQ and kindda don't understand this. One question is regarding prevailing wage of RIR conversion, and there it is said that employer should advertise at 100% of prevailing wage, althoguh case is filed before March 2005. So does that mean that employers should pay 100% prevailing wage for all labor certifications pending at DBEC?

Nof..

After a long wait, I finally got a NOF.
My lawyer just informed me about some certain skills, if I knew before joining the current position. If not, explain how I was able to qualify for the job, based on the skills I had that time.

Oh man, this is crazy, after waiting for 4+ years, I get this.

final apprioval letter received!

My lawyer just faxed it to me. Not sure when he got it. Anyway, a little relief. But there will be a big burden on the way to 140 and 485.

jack_xie said:
My lawyer just faxed it to me. Not sure when he got it. Anyway, a little relief. But there will be a big burden on the way to 140 and 485.

Can you confirm 10/02 as your approval date ?

From the letter, the approval date is 09/27/2006. The certifing officer is Barbara Shelly.

MDwatch said:
Can you confirm 10/02 as your approval date ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think the website is getting fixed today nor are we going to get status updates. Today is a federal holiday ( Columbus day )

pbls is not working

ncaug2004 said:
I dont think the website is getting fixed today nor are we going to get status updates. Today is a federal holiday ( Columbus day )

Hey,
Thanks a lot ,
we almost forgot holiday.
and have been trying from weekend.

Thanks

Letter NOT received

Guys,

LC is certified on 9/13/06 (Online) but not received any letter so far.
Are any of you guys in the same boat?
Also, if any of you folks who went thru this situation. What did do?
what are the options ?
Or Is this taking more than a month to get the letter?

Your inputs / suggestions/advise is very much appreciated.

thanks

============================================
EB2 / NJ / Nov'02
45 Day Ltr 01/06

please help

Guys
I know that I am in the wrong place to ask this question, but I have tried the relevant threads but not able to get any answer yet for this questions. I really appologize for any inconvenience, really appriciate anybody response on this one

I am here in H1 for the last 5 years, got married in december 2002 and wife came to US in november 2003 on H4. 7th year extension filed in April 2006 and got extension till June 2008 (my lawyer able to capture the time when I was not in US). My wife wants to visit pakistan with our new born, her H4 visa expired on the passport same as mine but we both have our new notice of actions till june 2008.

My question is will she be able to get her visa revalidate in Pakistan, since I am not going back with her cuz of the extremely long background check etc. Is it necessary that I have to have my visa stamped on my passport to get her visa stamped or she can just get it based on hers and mine notice of action which is till June 2008.

Also if anybody has any similiar experiece in islamabad embassy.

I really appriciate your help

Thanks