Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Sorry for going off the track! please help

Guys,

I posted this on "general I 140 issues" and no one answered. So I thought I will post it in this thread. Please don't bite my head off. If you have any suggestion please do let me know.

Even though my PD is Apr 2004, I have filed GC through other company on 2001 (was in the layoff) and now I am on my 9th year extension.

The question is:
I am planning to take up a job in India for couple of years. Right now my LC is not cleared (PD Apr 2004). The question is, if my LC gets approved when I move to India, can my company file my I-140 with me and my family in India. Also what about the next stages after that. Please help!

shipoffools said:
Guys,

I posted this on "general I 140 issues" and no one answered. So I thought I will post it in this thread. Please don't bite my head off. If you have any suggestion please do let me know.

Even though my PD is Apr 2004, I have filed GC through other company on 2001 (was in the layoff) and now I am on my 9th year extension.

The question is:
I am planning to take up a job in India for couple of years. Right now my LC is not cleared (PD Apr 2004). The question is, if my LC gets approved when I move to India, can my company file my I-140 with me and my family in India. Also what about the next stages after that. Please help!

As far as I know, as long as your employer keeps the process going I know it doesn't matter where you are..

Just wait for what others say, check with an attorney too.

Possible Steps

shipoffools said:
Guys,

The question is:

Please inquire with your lawyer before you deduce anything from the following

Its true that it really doesn’t matter for your GC application [1st steps only i.e. LC & I-140] where you live. It only matters when you’re about to apply for I-485 if you’re in US i.e. adjustment of your status. For people who are outside the country, they have to go to the US consulate [appointment required] for the GC. Usually it involves, figure printing, stamping etc. As far I know, being outside the country and getting the GC seems to be lot faster then applying for I-485, though you might run into risk of delays and rebuttal.
So answer to your question is yes, they can apply I-140 for you and your family. Once that is approved, you would need to work with your lawyer to set up an appointment with US consulate in your city.
Hope that helps.

That's the spirit!

Vibe,

I really appreciate the spirit - too often we get so focussed on a specific thing, like the GC, that we lose track of the other options avaialble. We over stress over things that are seemingly outside our control, and not look at the big picture. However, the "options" we are looking at are available only to certain rapidly developing countries such as India, China, and the Pacific Rim. I know a lot of people in these regions who have relocated in the last couple of years precisely to harness its potential. There were a whole spectrum of people - those who were US Citizens to those who hadn't even started their GC process.

By the way, does a foreigner (like your white friend) need a work visa to work in India? Does India have an equivalent of a H1? ;)

Vibe said:
This is a true story, though I will refrain myself from giving out intrinsic details regarding my firm & me, because I don’t want people thinking I am promoting anything.
I was on my 8th yr H1B extension, with typical LC pending at the PBEC. Actually, I had my LC approved in the past but my I-140 was rejected by USCIS because the job minimum requirements were Bachelors [4yr] and I had 3yr. Anyway, the LC mentioned that I was eligible because of combination of degree + experience, which the USCIS doesn’t accept since they only want the qualification to come from one institution i.e. one degree.
Nevertheless, the new LC was applied in May 2004 intended for Skilled labor only [since skilled labor requirements are just an Associate degree]. But I just couldn’t take the stress of being in uncertainty and everyday was just another waiting episode.
One day my buddy, XXX [an Caucasian American] informed that he is moving to India, precisely to Gurgaon, with his new born child and wife. It didn’t make any sense to me so I ended up transferring myself to the same office.
Recently, I have seen quite of few jobs specializing in Outsourcing, especially if you have lived in any western culture and have excellent communication skills to bridge the gap.
Now to the real part, there are some minor annoyances living in 3rd world country, its anticipated, but the way the satellite cities are growing, I seldom think you will find much difference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurgaon you will notice the actual major issues, which I am used to because I lived in Mumbai for most parts.
Anyway, I am NOT saying you should pack your bags and leave, but at the same time try not to be stressed out about this. Its not healthy because I know it has reasonable impact on one’s health.
There are options available, so make sure you don’t make GC as your only option & I am sure you have already done so.
Ironically, I did receive my 45-day letter in March 2006 for the new LC and the firm replied it immediately.
I do desire for a GC but I am glad that I am not sitting inside a vacuum of uncertainty.

peace

-Vibe

congratulations !

CA_0802_RIR_EB2 said:
All,

I've been a silent reader on this forum for a while. My Labor was approved on 04/21. Here are the details.

CA RIR EB2
Priority Date 9/03/2002
45 Day letter recvd 03/07/2005
45 Day letter replid 03/08/2005
Case # P-04310-*****

Thank you and good luck.

mine is the same as yours ....

RaoDulla said:
My PD is July 31st, 2002.
Case number is P-04307-*****.
CA, EB2 RIR.

I did nota hear any thing about my approval. I am not sure in about the priority by which the PBEC is processing the cases.

good post

Vibe said:
This is a true story, though I will refrain myself from giving out intrinsic details regarding my firm & me, because I don’t want people thinking I am promoting anything.
I was on my 8th yr H1B extension, with typical LC pending at the PBEC. Actually, I had my LC approved in the past but my I-140 was rejected by USCIS because the job minimum requirements were Bachelors [4yr] and I had 3yr. Anyway, the LC mentioned that I was eligible because of combination of degree + experience, which the USCIS doesn’t accept since they only want the qualification to come from one institution i.e. one degree.
Nevertheless, the new LC was applied in May 2004 intended for Skilled labor only [since skilled labor requirements are just an Associate degree]. But I just couldn’t take the stress of being in uncertainty and everyday was just another waiting episode.
One day my buddy, XXX [an Caucasian American] informed that he is moving to India, precisely to Gurgaon, with his new born child and wife. It didn’t make any sense to me so I ended up transferring myself to the same office.
Recently, I have seen quite of few jobs specializing in Outsourcing, especially if you have lived in any western culture and have excellent communication skills to bridge the gap.
Now to the real part, there are some minor annoyances living in 3rd world country, its anticipated, but the way the satellite cities are growing, I seldom think you will find much difference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurgaon you will notice the actual major issues, which I am used to because I lived in Mumbai for most parts.
Anyway, I am NOT saying you should pack your bags and leave, but at the same time try not to be stressed out about this. Its not healthy because I know it has reasonable impact on one’s health.
There are options available, so make sure you don’t make GC as your only option & I am sure you have already done so.
Ironically, I did receive my 45-day letter in March 2006 for the new LC and the firm replied it immediately.
I do desire for a GC but I am glad that I am not sitting inside a vacuum of uncertainty.

peace

-Vibe

atyagi73 said:
MD folks..have you heard anything from anyone whats going on with MD applications ? I am not sure if they have lost all the boxes or something. There is no MD approval for almost lat two months(last I saw was in begining of March). I know you gusy may know as much as me ...but hoping someone has the crystal ball :)

As per the tracker, Monica_dctm got approved on 2006-4-25.

Labor got approved

Hi,

Just got email from HR, my labor cert was approved, not known the aproval date yet.

PD: Aug 2002
CA RIR
45-Day letter: Feb 2005
Also my coworker his PD same with mine got approved a couple days ago.

Good luck to everyone.

Re: Labor got approved

Congratulations. Can you please provide your exact PD?

------------------------------------------------------
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA
PD: 8/9/2002
RD: 8/1/2003
45 day letter received : 12/20/2004
Replied : 12/28/2004
Received Case Closed : 3/22/05
Lawyer replied with proof: 3/28/05
Received Case Reopened letter from PBEC: 9/29/2005 ( dated 9/23/2005)

lillyyu said:
Hi,

Just got email from HR, my labor cert was approved, not known the aproval date yet.

PD: Aug 2002
CA RIR
45-Day letter: Feb 2005
Also my coworker his PD same with mine got approved a couple days ago.

Good luck to everyone.

Approval trends in April 06 at both BECs

P-BEC
-------
Number of Approvals in April = 38
PD range = 5/1/2002 - 9/1/2002 (2 from Nov and Dec 2001 and 2 from Mar and Oct 2003)
45 DL rcvd date range = 12/2004 - 2/1/2006
Number of SWA cases = 13
Number of DOL cases = 25
Number of RIR cases = 32
Number of Non-RIR cases = 5
EB3 = 27
EB2 = 10

D-BEC
----------
Number of Approvals in April = 18
PD range = 7/1/2002 - 2/22/2005
45 DL rcvd date range = 1/2005 - 2/28/2006
Number of SWA cases = 11
Number of DOL cases = 7
Number of RIR cases = 17
Number of Non-RIR cases = 1
EB3 = 12
EB2 = 6

lillyyu said:
Pd: Aug 28 2002

though I cannot explain why cases applied earlier are still pending, looking at how things are moving... from june, to july, to august and also looking at the DOL website which has got updated to "17 months remaining", I am hoping that this time the deadline will be met.

GotGC?? said:
Vibe,

I really appreciate the spirit - too often we get so focussed on a specific thing, like the GC, that we lose track of the other options avaialble. We over stress over things that are seemingly outside our control, and not look at the big picture. However, the "options" we are looking at are available only to certain rapidly developing countries such as India, China, and the Pacific Rim. I know a lot of people in these regions who have relocated in the last couple of years precisely to harness its potential. There were a whole spectrum of people - those who were US Citizens to those who hadn't even started their GC process.

By the way, does a foreigner (like your white friend) need a work visa to work in India? Does India have an equivalent of a H1? ;)

Yes, foreigners do need a work visa but obtaining one is not as painful as US, Though It is obvious considering the volume of cases for US compared to India.
I do visit US using business visa, though I would prefer GC because it will be more convenient considering the advantages of being permanent resident.
The frustation grew two fold after 9/11 because of priority shift by federal/state agencies by keeping the whole immigration cases on back burner & constant ignorant comparisons of all olive skin individuals to being potential terrosists. Again, nothing much I could do & neither i was treated differently, was just pyschologically intense if you know what i mean. Anyway, I am glad we are seing priortization of the immigration cases.

I feel that the degree of desperation, if you may, comes from how comfortable you get in your current position, especially if dependents are tied to it & evidently that was my problem.
I think these forums are noble, becase they do give some sort of closure for unknown and uncontrollable things.
On the other hand, sometiems its upsets me to see a post in desperation, eager for some answer even if its a false hope, yet knowing that nobody in this forum knows the answer. In fact the immigration agencies itself doesn't know the answer.

--Vibe

BarneySha said:
P-BEC
-------
Number of Approvals in April = 38
PD range = 5/1/2002 - 9/1/2002 (2 from Nov and Dec 2001 and 2 from Mar and Oct 2003)
45 DL rcvd date range = 12/2004 - 2/1/2006
Number of SWA cases = 13
Number of DOL cases = 25
Number of RIR cases = 32
Number of Non-RIR cases = 5
EB3 = 27
EB2 = 10

Hi,
My priority date is 02/2004, but I still haven't received my 45-day letter, according to the above data, I am wondering where is my case? My case went to State, then went to Atlanta DOL, then PBC. Can you tell me what should I do? Is this normal? My laywer said he sent them several emails but no response.

Thanks for any information.

Just heard that my LC is approved today. It seems PBEC is working faster.

Thanks a lot for this forum for the past several years. Good luck to all of you who are still sufferring the waiting.

God bless you.

VA EB3 Aug 2002 approval

mygc2006
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2005

VA EB3 Aug 2002 approval

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friends,
finally I got it today . The actual approval date is 4/20/2006. Good luck every one

CA SEP12 2002 EB2 approval

SEP03NY
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2005

my LC is approved today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 2006, 06:26 PM
dzh1234
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2004

Just heard that my LC is approved today. It seems PBEC is working faster.

Thanks a lot for this forum for the past several years. Good luck to all of you who are still sufferring the waiting.

God bless you.
Case#: p-04323-0****
45-day letter: 3/3/06 replied: 3/9/06
LC-40 approved: 5/2/2006