Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Let us not discuss about H1 b extension & visiting india ramification.... there are threads available to discuss...
What Saknia was trying to say it is risk to do so because of I -94 and attorney's dont recommend travel while H1 extension is in progress... but still everybody does that , but nothing happens is alway good :)
Let us stop this discussion and continue our focus on PBEC :eek:

gcqjul2002 said:
I returned from India on April 1st 2006 while my H1b expired on April 19 th 2006. As long you are in status the immigration offical will not object to you entering the US. The official will try to confirm from you whether you have applied for extension ( You can carry your filing form). Moreover the official will/can give you the i94 stamping till the date of expiry of visa. Once your case is filed you are in status but if your visa has expired you can come in only after stamping.

Further I got my extension only on April 20th

Hope that helps

CA RIR EB2 PD July 31 2002

magra said:
Woz2000
I tried the lottery a long time ago, I think 10 years ago or so. Never gave it much hope though. After I applied under the 245(i) in 2001, I thought that things would be straightened out within a couple years - at least that's what the lawyer was telling me back then :-(
But I think I will look into this. The thing that sucks with my Labor Certification process is that I really don't need to work for anybody, since I have a business (c-corp) that is doing very well, and I have been paying (more than 250k) taxes for the past 5 or 6 years, both personal and corporate. Ironically for purpose of the LC process, I have a job lined up with a friend that owns a large agricultural business, where I will be (theoretically) working once approved. So in order to maintain my legal status through the LC process (if I ever receive it) I'd have to continue to "cheat" a little... until I have the GC. Or is there any way that you can change jobs, become a business owner once your labor certification for job X with company Y has been approved?

Hi Magra, just be careful with your "theoretical" job ... the whole idea of EB green card is that you HAVE to work for the company that's sponsoring you after the adjustment, or it could be considered a fraud and your gc could be cancelled ... I've read that typically you have to work for 6 months and then you can quit and be on your own.

Just my 2 cents :)

SomeGreenCard,
I notice we're same state, same month, same T-05144-xxxxx. Last week, I ask my HR to provide me with my case number (I pretended I did not know it), and they told me it was P-05144-xxxxx(!) I am waiting for my lawyer to confirm he did receive 45-day letter...

magra said:
But would that also work under the 245(i) process? I was under the impression that it only works with job specific labor certs or petitions via relatives.
Does the "investment" have to be physical property?
Magra - if you can show that you have invested $500K in a business in America, and provided employemnt to 10 individuals, you would qualify for GC under EB5.

Eb5

these 10 employees have to be citizens/perm. residents? or even H1Bs ?

NEverGreen said:
Magra - if you can show that you have invested $500K in a business in America, and provided employemnt to 10 individuals, you would qualify for GC under EB5.

I donot understand

Some_GreenCard said:
Let us not discuss about H1 b extension & visiting india ramification.... there are threads available to discuss...
What Saknia was trying to say it is risk to do so because of I -94 and attorney's dont recommend travel while H1 extension is in progress... but still everybody does that , but nothing happens is alway good :)
Let us stop this discussion and continue our focus on PBEC :eek:
Do you have a problem if some one else answers a question? I was answering a question rased. I had asked my attorney the question and he did not have a problem. I am not going out of focus here please bak off.

Interesting Idea, If we do this, will we make any impact at all?

Immigrant activists across the nation and in New York City are gearing up for a boycott called "A Day Without Immigrants" this coming Monday, May 1st, to display the importance of immigrant workers to the U.S. economy.

Protest organizers are asking immigrants across the country to skip work, school, and even shopping Monday.

Others say if they have to work, they'll ask for time to attend a protest or wear a white T-shirt as a show of support.

"I think this is just a start, to show the government, to show U.S. corporations that we are important, that we are the base of the economy, and this government needs to support that base,” Javier Gallardo of the Latin American Workers Project said at a press conference Friday.

Organizers say they will march from Little Italy to Union Square. Another group says it will form a human chain at 12:16 in the afternoon to commemorate December 16th, 2005, when Congress passed a bill that seeks to make illegal immigrants felons.
More at http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=1&aid=59004

nohope_for_lc said:
My labor it still pending and god knows when it will be approved. I have a question about EAD. After I get my labor certified do I have to wait to apply for my EAD because of retrogression or if I can apply right away?
Do not want to disappoint you but I believe you have to wait till you can file I485 so retrogression is a real culprit here. At any rate you cannot apply for EAD till your application is in DOL

sbdol said:
Do not want to disappoint you but I believe you have to wait till you can file I485 so retrogression is a real culprit here. At any rate you cannot apply for EAD till your application is in DOL

All in all we are in deeeep shit...!! wether its PBEC or retrogression..!!

PBECIsKillingMe said:
One of my collegue got his labor approved today PD Aug 2002 NJ RIR EB3.

Killingme :

giving us some hope for the NJ guys lurking here. Can you find out when was the 45 day letter replied, just trying to see if there is any pattern.

StressTestInUSA said:
Killingme :

giving us some hope for the NJ guys lurking here. Can you find out when was the 45 day letter replied, just trying to see if there is any pattern.

Freak like you are responsible for PBEC working in slow speed because of the people like you who file 2 labor and make twice workload for burger flippers.

YeahRight! said:
Freak like you are responsible for PBEC working in slow speed because of the people like you who file 2 labor and make twice workload for burger flippers.
Dear me. The jerk is back.

Man find some other board for all this. We are a depressed lot here.

Mr. Right. I hope you get laid off soon and run around to get a third or fourth labor filed

bigbang2001 said:
Dear me. The jerk is back.

Man find some other board for all this. We are a depressed lot here.

Mr. Right. I hope you get laid off soon and run around to get a third or fourth labor filed

I am still confused who filed two labors!

Anyway, The collegue I mentioned who got labor approved has replied 45 DL in about September-October.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
I am still confused who filed two labors!

Anyway, The collegue I mentioned who got labor approved has replied 45 DL in about September-October.

Killingme:

Mr.Right is back into action after a looong sleep. He is talking about me filing 2 labors...!!

YeahRight! said:

Mr.Right..!!

I was layed off/previous company sold off exactly after 6 months of filing my 1st labor and had to go thru all the shit over again with the next company to file another labor.

Hope your job is as steady as your name and dont even update this forum when your labor goes thru to share your good news with us here..!!

YeahRight! said:

Mr. Right. I am sorry to say that you are not Right. Blame this ineffecient system not the people. I know several kids who got their GC's even though they applied in year 2003 and 2004. Who should get blame?

StressTestInUSA said:
Mr.Right..!!

I was layed off/previous company sold off exactly after 6 months of filing my 1st labor and had to go thru all the shit over again with the next company to file another labor.

Hope your job is as steady as your name and dont even update this forum when your labor goes thru to share your good news with us here..!!

Hi StressTest

You are Right.

This one is computer Bug we need to careful about. It will keep coming often and try question everyone.

If he is so concerned about Double Labor filing he should walk out on May1st and protest to all Illegal Guys Marching and say that they are causing delays for his Labor clearence. Can he do that? NO. Only he will just post here.

Members Pls Ignore this guy post in future. It is not worth talking to him

Even if he replies to this Post - Please no one reply and start an argument with this guy

It is Real waste of our time and that is what he is after