Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

kbsyed61 said:
Hello everybody,
I received a letter from DOL which was a response to my letter to Secretary of Labor, Elaine L. Chao. Attached is the letter. I ma planning to write a reply to this letter. Pls suggest some points that could be highlighted in the letter.

Regards,
Syed
-------------------------------------------------------
OLD:
EB2/RIR/MD/May-2001
(Had to forgo this labor due to compnay sell out)

Current
EB3/Regular/CA/Nov-2004
45DL - Not Yet
Approval - Hopeful

that's basically a canned response they have, I've received similar letters too. At least they try to respond to the letters, which is a good thing ... the guy (Beverly) is a nice guy, I've talked to him on the phone, he's aware of the whole bruhaha, but I think they can't do much because it's all based on contracts with vendors and if you try to change the process, that would mean renegotiating resources/$$$, budgeting issues, etc.

you can try to write him back, but don't expect much, he won't get into details with us.

let us know if you get any updates :)

pleasework said:
Hi mgupta2050, Congrats! Can you please tell us the first 5 char of your Case No: like P-05xxx?

Thanks
you could call me careless but i really don't know that as i never asked for screen shot. i am gon ask my lawyer and see if i can get that info and if i do , i m gonna share that with all of you

EB2 or EB3?

Gupta, Congratulations! and all the best for next stages.

yours is a EB2 or EB3 ?

mgupta2050 said:
you could call me careless but i really don't know that as i never asked for screen shot. i am gon ask my lawyer and see if i can get that info and if i do , i m gonna share that with all of you

Received response to Fax to Elaine Chao

I have received same letter in response to my fax to Chao.

kbsyed61 said:
Hello everybody,
I received a letter from DOL which was a response to my letter to Secretary of Labor, Elaine L. Chao. Attached is the letter. I ma planning to write a reply to this letter. Pls suggest some points that could be highlighted in the letter.

Regards,
Syed
OLD:
EB2/RIR/MD/May-2001
(Had to forgo this labor due to compnay sell out)

Current
EB3/Regular/CA/Nov-2004
45DL - Not Yet
Approval - Hopeful

Nationwide RALLY of mail, fax, email, phone ON April 20 (Thursday) & April 24 (Monday

Nationwide RALLY of mail, fax, email, phone ON April 20 (Thursday) & April 24 (Monday)

Please feel free to customize your letter. Bold the main points.
Keep the full content in all letters (including TO & CC addresses), It could come to 4 pages or so.

Send Postal Mails on April 20
Send Fax and Emails on April 24
Make Phone calls on 24 th and 25 th - Ask about the fax and letters you send.

I’m sure it will work some result if Whitehouse receive say 1000 letters…I guess 200,000+ people and their family is waiting for LCA.

In short, 1 + 12 letters will be going out to,

TO
1. President

CC
2. President’s chief of staff
3. Vice President
4. Vice President’s chief of staff
5. Labor secretary
6. Labor secretary Chief of Staff
7. Labor Deputy Secretary
8. Labor Associate Deputy Secretary
9. Stephen Stefanko - Certification Manager
10. John Barlett - Certification Manager
11. Ms. Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of State
12. Ms. Karen P. Hughes, Under Secretary, Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs

Let your friends also know…Let’s make it a success

Sub: Huge Administrative Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at Department Of Labor

Dear Mr. President,

Hope your family and you are doing well.

I would like to bring to your attention the huge administrative delay in LCA approval process at DOL’s two Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC), most notably the Philadelphia BEC. I started my application with DOL 4 years back. Two years have passed since the commencement of two BECs, but till now I have not received the approvals. There is not even an option for status check or an indication when my application will be considered.

My family and I are suffering constantly in numerous ways due to these delays. To list a few, my spouse doesn’t get the work permit, I can’t change the job, due to such insecurity we can’t buy a house or take a meaningful vacation etc. We are considering leaving USA to my home country, winding up the American dream. May be it was a big mistake in my life to come to USA after working hard on my engineering college degree and leaving behind a nice job in my home country. Now I have ended up fighting DOL’s Administrative Delays and its stone-age process which seems like a long dark tunnel, with no light in sight.

I will be highly obliged if you could look into this matter as soon as possible and take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

Thank You Mr. President.

In appreciation of your leadership and resolve,

Sincerely

Name
City, State, Zip code

To: (Mail/Fax/E-mail)

President

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Fax: 202-456-2461
president@whitehouse.gov

CC: (Mail/Fax/E-mail)

Vice President
President’s Chief of Staff
Vice President’s Chief of Staff

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Fax: 202-456-2461

comments@whitehouse.gov,vice_president@whitehouse.gov,

Department of Labor

Ms. Elaine L. Chao, Secretary of Labor (202) 693-6000
Mr. Paul T. Conway, Chief of Staff (202) 693-6007
Mr. Steven J. Law, Deputy Secretary (202) 693-6000
Ms. Laura Genero, Associate Deputy Secretary (202) 693-6000

U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210
202-693-2768

Stephen Stefanko - Certification Manager
ETA- Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Division of Foreign Labor Certification
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 220
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
FAX: (484) 270-1600

John Barlett - Certification Manager
ETA - Dallas Backlog Elimination Center
Division of Foreign Labor
700 North Pearl St., Suite 400N
Dallas, Texas 75201
FAX: (214) 237-9135

Department of State

Ms. Condoleezza Rice
Secretary of State
Ms. Karen P. Hughes
Under Secretary, Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs

U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

Senate
John_McCain@McCain.senate.gov, senator@akaka.senate.gov, senator@biden.senate.gov, senator_bingaman@bingaman.senate.gov, senator_byrd@byrd.senate.gov, senator@clinton.senate.gov, senator@conrad.senate.gov, senator@dorgan.senate.gov, russell_feingold@feingold.senate.gov, tom_harkin@harkin.senate.gov, vermont@jeffords.senate.gov, tim@johnson.senate.gov, senator@kennedy.senate.gov, john_kerry@kerry.senate.gov, senator_leahy@leahy.senate.gov, senator@levin.senate.gov, senator@mikulski.senate.gov, senator_murray@murray.senate.gov, senator@billnelson.senate.gov, jack@reed.senate.gov, senator@rockefeller.senate.gov, senator@schumer.senate.gov, senator@stabenow.senate.gov
Media
belluck@nytimes.com, sundays@cbsnews.com, 48hours@cbsnews.com, jonathan.wald@nbc.com, comments@fareedzakaria.com, jabenn@nytimes.com, abc.news.magazines@abc.com, 2020@abc.com, abc.news.magazines@abc.com, thisweek@abc.com, Dateline@NBC.com, WT@nbc.com, MTP@NBC.com, nightly@nbc.com, today@nbc.com, viewerservices@msnbc.com, msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com, abramsreport@msnbc.com, countdown@msnbc.com, hardball@msnbc.com, Connected@MSNBC.com, Imus@msnbc.com, allenh@washpost.com, allenm@washpost.com, aranam@washpost.com, argetsinger@washpost.com, rajiv@washpost.com, cheaterry@washpost.com, cohnd@washpost.com, coopermana@washpost.com, apcar@nytimes.com, peappl@nytimes.com, randya@nytimes.com, barbanel@nytimes.com, dabarry@nytimes.com, barstow@nytimes.com, goldbehr@nytimes.com, brian_hill@metronetworks.com, sheberer@pbs.org, ftn@cbsnews.com, betsy.fischer@nbc.com, plorris@univision.net, abenitez@univision.net, steve.majors@nbc.com, mcurtis@njn.org, stu.schutzman@abc.com,muriel.pearson@abc.com, dij@cbsnews.com,lisa.hsia@nbc.com, mail@uttm.com, dij@cbsnews.com, pjh@cbsnews.com,browne@foxnews.com,pls@cbsnews.com,gmartin@express-news.net,opinionjournal@wsj.com, mossberg@wsj.com, geoffrey.fowler@wsj.com,clemons@newamerica.net, lakshmipathy@newamerica.net, white@newamerica.net,friedman@newamerica.net, menon@newamerica.net,letters@nypost.com,letters@washpost.com, wsj.ltrs@wsj.com, josephg@phillynews.com, lakerb@phillynews.com, viewerservices@msnbc.com,
msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com,abramsreport@msnbc.com,countdown@msnbc.com,hardball@msnbc.com,
Connected@MSNBC.com,Imus@msnbc.com,
nschwartz@fortunemail.com, publisher@forbes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
narayana_pan said:
HI SakniaC
Last Month I sent out mail to og EVlimination Center , to day I got the response for mail here is the screen shot…
I need your advice for can I send the request for screen shot for 7 th year exn . mail id or wait for that?
*********** Mail copy from Philadelphia Backlog Elimination *********

Dear Requestor:

The subject case has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst. Due to the large volume of LC Applications currently being processed by the Backlog Elimination Center; we are unable to provide you with an exact processing time. If you need additional information, please visit the following Internet website:

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

There is no need to submit multiple requests. If you have not already received one, the next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send an e-mail to:

h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us

Your patience is appreciated.
hi,
today,i got the same response from Philadelphia Backlog Elimination.Can please somebody tell me what does that mean?

LedBy,

Thank you so much for the contact information. Have emailed before but will do the fax again this time.

The more people participate, the louder we will be and maybe this time someone will hear us and is capable of making a difference.

LedBy said:

Nationwide RALLY of mail, fax, email, phone ON April 20 (Thursday) & April 24 (Monday)

]

Response To Ledby

even though i am totally disoriented by this process the following e mail has been sent to the email addresses you posted.

NOTE: I am not a writer or n e thing, did this quickly, so please do not comment on what i wrote........and if u need, use it, edit it and customize it, please feel free

e-mail subject line: "LEGAL IMMIGRANTS FIRST"

Senator,

"A LEGAL IMMIGRANT'S POINT OF VIEW"

- Came to USA in 1999 on a F-1 (Student Visa), to attend Graduate Engineering School.

- Started working on a one year PT (practical training), issued by INS, in 2001.

- Company sponsored H-1B (work visa) in 2001. Have been working on H-1B since.

- Company wanted to sponsor Green Card and file for Labor Certification in 2002.

- Have not heard anything back from the Philadelphia Backlog Center since 2002, where the Labor Certification case is pending since 2002.

- Feel really stupid that responsible and sane politicians like you and media is going on and on about illegal immigration issues, and no one bothers to talk to a person like me and take up our cases first.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE:

- I have been in the USA "LEGALLY" since 1999.

- Have always paid state and federal taxes.

- Paid into Social Security.

- Have medical insurance.

- Never used welfare.

- Have a BS and MS in Electrical Engineering and contribute towards the technical and general well being of society.

SOME REALLY UNFAIR ISSUES

- Spouse has a BS in EE, MS in Telecomm, and a MBA in MIS but since she is my dependent (on H-4) visa she can’t work.

- When my visa gets renewed (after the initial three years), to re-stamp the visa on the passport I have to go back to Pakistan (the state department used to re-stamp renewal visas in United States before).

- If I get laid off, the whole process goes back to zero.

- There is no case status check or transparency in the labor department, and Elaine Chao is sleeping on the issue. Don't we have more competent people who can manage this, or do we need to farm out the simple data entry (300,000 cases to India or china).

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS SERIOUSLY - IT BORDERS ON CRIMINAL NOT TO TALK ABOUT LEGAL IMMIGRANTS FIRST

At least DOL admits the lack of transparency, which they knew from day one. However, they've promised things like electronic inquires but they are either not implemented or meaningless. I think you can bring this one up in your response.

Then, slam them on the FIFO issue, which I can't believe is still insisted by the DOL officials. Are they blind or just too stupid to see.

But most importantly, how are they going to speed it up? What measures did they take to meet their own deadline? What was the delay and what does it take to get over the hurdle? We can't let these people keep playing dirty little tricks that is all.

Just my two cents and good luck.

kbsyed61 said:
Hello everybody,

Regards,
Syed

In any correspondence to media, politicians, officials, etc., I think it is important to point out the most critical and eye catching facts in the first short paragraph, then go on to list details, just like in a news article. You have to assume that most people won't glance past the first few sentences.

For example, say something like "a legal immigrant waiting in line for 4 years already and still years away from green card" Or "A biology scientist stuck in DOL's backlog center for more than three years..." Your case may vary but the key thing is to be concise and down to the point at the very beginning.

Email Addresses Not Valid Any More

for atleast

Kennedy, Murray, Nelson, Reed, Mikulski, Levin, Akaka among others.

Due to the large volume of email (spam), they now accept comment through a web based form filling system and not these e mail addresses

Need Advice

Hey Guys

Can anyone please give me some advice.ITs 2 months since they have closed my case and i havent heard anything from them.Should i worry or is this normal.

Last time my lawyer spoke to them they said they were still working on reopening cases.Has any one had a similiar experience.

PD june 04
45 day letter May 05
45 day letter Replied May o5
State :ky

Labor status

Hi
My labor was filed from VA(EB3-non-RIR) in July'03, My attorney told me that they have received 45day letter and replied in Jan06. Can you tell me how do I check the status, everyone here is talking about screen shot etc etc, I am not sure how do I get screen shot and what input I have to provide. Thanks in advance.

h1h4 said:
Hi
My labor was filed from VA(EB3-non-RIR) in July'03, My attorney told me that they have received 45day letter and replied in Jan06. Can you tell me how do I check the status, everyone here is talking about screen shot etc etc, I am not sure how do I get screen shot and what input I have to provide. Thanks in advance.

thats it..!!

after 45 letter reply, u will know nothing in screenshots if the letter has reached or not..just wait for the next letter from PBEC...

this whole system sucks..!!

Need opinion about plan B

Gurus, My PD is Feb 2004 / RIR / NY . My Plan B - Canadian PR was approved in Dec 2004. My question is:

To maintain my Canadian PR, I have to move to Canada before Dec 2007. Assuming that PBEC takes up my case last, and process it by Sept 2007 (18 months to go?), do you think I will be safe to forget my Plan B and to go ahead with 140/485 wait?

I am in my 7Yr, filed for 8th Yr extension.
Any advantage to do or not to do PERM for Feb 2004 PD?

Thanks.

Yup

If you have an approved 140 by middle of 2007 it will be safe to wait for 485. Usually 485 is trouble free.

it all depends on when ur labor comes. If you get it by end of this year you may get 140 approved by middle of next year.

I would not let go of plan B without having an approved 140.

PERM might be a moot point because you will have a later PD and you won't make it to Dec 2007 with that PD.

Take it all with a grain of salt. Just some thoughts.....

bhk said:
Gurus, My PD is Feb 2004 / RIR / NY . My Plan B - Canadian PR was approved in Dec 2004. My question is:

To maintain my Canadian PR, I have to move to Canada before Dec 2007. Assuming that PBEC takes up my case last, and process it by Sept 2007 (18 months to go?), do you think I will be safe to forget my Plan B and to go ahead with 140/485 wait?

I am in my 7Yr, filed for 8th Yr extension.
Any advantage to do or not to do PERM for Feb 2004 PD?

Thanks.