Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

greynicolls said:
for those of us discussing about the influence of media and such, this is the response (in a couple of days ) from the the new york times immigration writer...she is going to look at this forum of ours as the first point of research hopefully...

Thank you for writing. I will certainly take a look at the web site you suggest.
All best,

Nina Bernstein
i did contact her as well. good job

4MyWife said:
I agree with you that 45 day letter do serve a purpose but if they weight the benefit to the cost, it may not be worth doing it.

Regardless, my application is January 2001. I am probably somewhere at the top of the FIFO list of the CAPS system. 4 months passed and assuming I wont get a closure-notice then they must have already touched my case and updated the system with my response. Lets say it took them 2 months to do that, why in the world it is taking "2" months to approve a January 2001 case? Then this would be a direct proof that they are purposely delaying approvals until June 2006 until all data entry... Well...Hence my sleepless nights... Patience is a virtue...

Is it right to assume that the approval process is completed paperless? Is there a simple check mark on the screen shot for "45-day letter response received"? If that was the case, I'd think the system would've coughed out a "closure" notice after the 45-day or any other cut-off date that PBEC has instituted. I think PBEC is adjudicating cases with the paper docs. file. So, when they pull out a file and don't see the response, then they trigger off a closure letter. So we'd know if our file is closed only when the file is taken up for approval. Gives them more time to sit on files, and extend their stay beyond 19 months.

NY Jan 2002 approval

gc_wait_2002

Labor Approved !
Just wanted to share my information that my labor has approved. Long wait ended in one line and now entering into another!

Thanks all for the information you have shared. It indeed helped me.

Good Luck to All.

Case ID – P-05125-XXXXX
Case Filed – January 2002
45 Day received – September 2005
Labor Approved - March 1, 2006

45 Day letter responses

Go to this web site:
http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/SIM_Training_Manual.cfm#content

i am sure this is outdated but must have some basic premises of how they are operating today at BEC's. The 45 day letter is spit out of the CAPS system once the deadlines are met. So there is some automation to all this. But who knows...

MannyD said:
Is it right to assume that the approval process is completed paperless? Is there a simple check mark on the screen shot for "45-day letter response received"? If that was the case, I'd think the system would've coughed out a "closure" notice after the 45-day or any other cut-off date that PBEC has instituted. I think PBEC is adjudicating cases with the paper docs. file. So, when they pull out a file and don't see the response, then they trigger off a closure letter. So we'd know if our file is closed only when the file is taken up for approval. Gives them more time to sit on files, and extend their stay beyond 19 months.

need details

Please post more details such as RIR or Regular, EB2 or EB3
and first 5 digits of PBEC case # so it can be added to the tracker.

Thanks.

tomprc said:
45-day letter just received last week!

State: MA
Receipt Date: 06/2004

There is way too much heat and too little light on the lawsuit issue.
Many people may not know that this discussion has been around for a long time, and the issue of lawsuit was discussed threadbare several times.

Bottom line:
(A) It is impossible to sue DOL to adjudicate faster.
(B) There was some talk about the possibility of suing for disclosure of information, but the legal gounds were shaky, or at least not scoped out by any competent attorney.

Now I'm all for lawsuits. I've supported and donated to the 485 lawsuit at the time when BECs were not even an issue, and 485 was totally irrelevant to my situation. (Anyone remember that lawsuit anymore?).
I have written letters, sent e-mails etc.

However, I expect those collecting money to provide some information about:

(A) Who is going to represent us? Has anyone spoken to an attorney? Has he/she agreed?
(B) What is out strategy? What are we going to argue? How strong is our legal basis?
(c) What are our chances realistically? How long is it expected to take?
(D) How much will it cost?

Put it on a PDF document, and post it on the sticky for lawsuit so everyone can read it. That would help a lot. People will read it and make up their own minds based on some concrete information.

Look, I recognize it is not fair for me to sit in my armchair and demand information and hard work from others. But we all have our ideas and it is upto each of us to work towards one's favourite idea. The lawsuit is the idea of a few commited individuals, which is why I expect this. If it were my idea I would do the same.

Wasn't there a lawsuit recently which the DOL was able to fight off successfully? It was called a mandamus something.
As a result of this it was concluded that suing DOL was not a good idea.

Pineapple said:
There is way too much heat and too little light on the lawsuit issue.
Many people may not know that this discussion has been around for a long time, and the issue of lawsuit was discussed threadbare several times.

Bottom line:
(A) It is impossible to sue DOL to adjudicate faster.
(B) There was some talk about the possibility of suing for disclosure of information, but the legal gounds were shaky, or at least not scoped out by any competent attorney.

Now I'm all for lawsuits. I've supported and donated to the 485 lawsuit at the time when BECs were not even an issue, and 485 was totally irrelevant to my situation. (Anyone remember that lawsuit anymore?).
I have written letters, sent e-mails etc.

(A) Who is going to represent us? Has anyone spoken to an attorney? Has he/she agreed?
(B) What is out strategy? What are we going to argue? How strong is our legal basis?

Put it on a PDF document, and post it on the sticky for lawsuit so everyone can read it. That would help a lot. People will read it and make up their own minds based on some concrete information.

Look, I recognize it is not fair for me to sit in my armchair and demand information and hard work from others. But we all have our ideas and it is upto each of us to work towards one's favourite idea. The lawsuit is the idea of a few commited individuals, which is why I expect this. If it were my idea I would do the same.

Is there any sort of sequence for these PBEC cases to get thru. I have P-04289-XXXXX and are still waiting. Received 45 day love letter a year ago last February, replied by attorney same day and still waiting. I called PBEC in May of last year and the person that answered the phone then looked up my info and told me the case is being processed and that I could call back in 6 months. I see cases that have P-05 being approved and I am P-04, so you would guess that 4 goes before 5, but seems like that is not the case. Or are they working backwards????
I called PBEC last month again. I figured it was more than 6 months later. A lady answered the phone and I explained my situation to her. She told me she would connnect me with the person who could help me out and guess what ....that person was a recording about getting info thru email. How rude I thought.

Sorry here are my stats.
Case # P-04289-XXXXX
PD 2/04
RD 8/04
45 day letter 2/14/05
Replied same day.
Hope to hear something soon

agron said:
Sorry here are my stats.
Case # P-04289-XXXXX
PD 2/04
RD 8/04
45 day letter 2/14/05
Replied same day.
Hope to hear something soon
What number did you call?

AL/EB2/RIR
PD: Jan 04
45 Day letter: 12/05
Case# P-05013-xxxxx

about the lawsuit

Lawsuit option was discussed with Rajiv ji, details of that conversation are posted on http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202713

This is what was the outcome of the call with him

1. It is possible to file a lawsuit. Initially we need about 10,000 dollars to file the lawsuit.. But it may cost upto 50,000 later. (Please correct 50K or 15K !)

2. End result of lawsuit may be nothing. But it may have the effect of BEC adjudicating cases sooner atleast for some cases.

3. It will not be a Class Action Lawsuit (to save time and money).

4. I would suggest about 100 dollars to start with is reasonable for a lot of people to contribute .. So it is better if we have more people.. atleast about 100 people, so that the individual amount to be contributed will be decreased.

5. It is essential that the priority date for these people are in 2003 or earlier.

6. To start with Rajiv, expects to hear from about 40 to 50 people who can send a brief description of their labor certification case to him. Their office will review the cases to include in the lawsuit.

7. Later on when the case is filed, Rajiv suggested that we give him as much details about the case as possible including the Part A and Part B of the labor application that was filed.

I will try to keep adding if I remember more.. Please feel free to add/modify anything that I have stated incorrectly.

I am willing to put together one word document if you guys want to respond to me with your case details. I will destroy your case details once I send to Rajiv. Remember we need actual case numbers with a brief description of case and why you expect it be processed sooner, something like early priority date etc..

Tel. 1-484-270-1500 and extension is 568, but all you get is recorded info saying no telephone info available at this time. Once data processing is complete then you will be able to get automated case info. God only knows when this will be.
By the way case filed from PA.

Labor Approved

agron said:
Tel. 1-484-270-1500 and extension is 568, but all you get is recorded info saying no telephone info available at this time. Once data processing is complete then you will be able to get automated case info. God only knows when this will be.
By the way case filed from PA.

Hello Guys
Finally I have received my labor approval letter in mail today.
I just wanted to share this new with all of you.

Here are the letter details if anyone interested:
The letter was dated Feb, 27, 2006.
It was mailed on March 02, 2006.
Received in mail on Today March, 06.2006.

Question & Need suggestion:
Should I file my 1-140 or wait for the dates to become current?

Thanks a lot for all of your efforts. May everybody come out of this hell soon...

willing to contribute

I am willing to contribute even tho my PD is way later than 02/03

Days_go_by said:
Lawsuit option was discussed with Rajiv ji, details of that conversation are posted on http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202713

This is what was the outcome of the call with him

1. It is possible to file a lawsuit. Initially we need about 10,000 dollars to file the lawsuit.. But it may cost upto 50,000 later. (Please correct 50K or 15K !)

2. End result of lawsuit may be nothing. But it may have the effect of BEC adjudicating cases sooner atleast for some cases.

3. It will not be a Class Action Lawsuit (to save time and money).

4. I would suggest about 100 dollars to start with is reasonable for a lot of people to contribute .. So it is better if we have more people.. atleast about 100 people, so that the individual amount to be contributed will be decreased.

5. It is essential that the priority date for these people are in 2003 or earlier.

6. To start with Rajiv, expects to hear from about 40 to 50 people who can send a brief description of their labor certification case to him. Their office will review the cases to include in the lawsuit.

7. Later on when the case is filed, Rajiv suggested that we give him as much details about the case as possible including the Part A and Part B of the labor application that was filed.

I will try to keep adding if I remember more.. Please feel free to add/modify anything that I have stated incorrectly.

I am willing to put together one word document if you guys want to respond to me with your case details. I will destroy your case details once I send to Rajiv. Remember we need actual case numbers with a brief description of case and why you expect it be processed sooner, something like early priority date etc..

Pineapple said:

The lawsuit thread is here. http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202713
Make sure you read the very first pages. They will answer all your questions.

NY Approval Apr 2002 EB3

6th March 2006, 07:27 PM
vlongwait
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2006

Finally labor approved
Case ID – P-05125-XXXXX
Case Filed – April 2002 NY EB3
45 Day received – October 2005
Labor Approved - Feb 24, 2006

dude123 said:
Hello Guys
Question & Need suggestion:
Should I file my 1-140 or wait for the dates to become current?

Thanks a lot for all of your efforts. May everybody come out of this hell soon...

Check this link, http://www.murthy.com/visadate.html , If your visa dates are current you can file I-140 and I-485 togather.

If not you can still file I-140 and after I-140's approval you can get 3 year extension instead of 1 year...

8 Approvals in 6 days of March 2006

Since Mar 2006 there has been 8 approvals Reported. Not Bad

Date Name PD RIR Region

03/01 cantwait4gc JUNE 2002 RIR SFO
03/03 SANBI SEP 2001 MD
03/03 RVB_MD2001 APR 2002 MD
03/03 MCH NOV 2001 WASHINGTON DC
03/06 HANGU NOV 2001 MD
03/06 GC_WAIT-2002 JAN 2002 NY
03/06 LONGWAIT APR 2002 NY
03/06 DUDE123 MAY 2002 SFO