Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I don't think that includes entire 2004 data, if your file went to regional in 2004. Mine did and my case does not appear in that database as well. I am sure this file is from somewhere in the middle of the year. If you want your case #, send an email to Dallas DOL email. Its somewhere in this thread itself along with the format. They reply back within 3-4 days with the case #. I did the same.

ragster1 said:
hi
i had applied in may 2002 in nyc
I dont have my case #
so when i check for my company's name in the below data files for (2001 , 2002 , 2003, 2004) from dol
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx
I do not see my companys name

I do see some data from my lawyer for other companies
please let me know wat can be done about it.

Thanks

srinivas_o said:
Hi Guys,

Here is my situation:

My LC application is pending at Philly BPC.

PD : 06/2003
RD : 02/2004
EB2/RIR

Nobody know how long its going to take for the approval and it appears to be almost sure that EB2 is also going to retrogress in next fiscal year (from Oct 2005).

I got a company who got a pre-approved labor for a high amout and planning to apply thru them. Suppose, if I join that company after I-140 is approved and 485 is rejected, wat would be my status? My H1 period ends in July 2005.

Is it better to go for the pre-approved labor or just wait for the pending LC at BPC?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

browse the thread PRE APPROVED LC
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=123495
consider all the points there..
check that preapproved LC your self..
you have another option .. Filing PERM application..

ragster1 said:
hi
I dont have my case #
so when i check for my company's name in the below data files for (2001 , 2002 , 2003, 2004) from dol

Thanks

As a New York May 2002 case you surely did not make Regional. These databases only have regional information so you are not going to find your info there.

ragster1 said:
hi
I dont have my case #

Thanks
That data contains ONLY the applications that reched Regional centers
as you applied in May 2002 from NY SWA .. it might not be in that data files as that application didn't rech NY regional DOL ..

Thank You.

Hi Spidey, Abzy2004, God_Bless_You,

thank you very much for your replies.

I know 4-5 of my friends applied through that company and they got letters for the finger prints and I-140 approved for two guys within 3-4 months time. Thats the reason I am thinking of going for that labor substitution.

In this situation, whats the best, either to wait or go for labor substitution???

Thanks.
RD : 02/2004 (Philly)
EB2/RIR
45 Day Letter Received (02/2005)

srinivas_o said:
Hi Guys,

Here is my situation:

My LC application is pending at Philly BPC.

RD : 02/2004
EB2/RIR

Nobody know how long its going to take for the approval and it appears to be almost sure that EB2 is also going to retrogress in next fiscal year (from Oct 2005).

I got a company who got a pre-approved labor for a high amout and planning to apply thru them. Suppose, if I join that company after I-140 is approved and 485 is rejected, wat would be my status? My H1 period ends in July 2005.

Is it better to go for the pre-approved labor or just wait for the pending LC at BPC?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I've seen cases where 485 was approved in less that a year using a pre-approved labor mainly from big companies which could prove that they have the ability to pay you (the most common RFE in such cases). Be sure before you sign anything that they can prove it. To get you there they might say whatever you want to hear.
You have two choices: either you join the new company and go with the H extension (you can go as many years as your 485 is pending - check with a lawyer) or get your EAD (for your spouse, too), use it, and in case your 485 is denied you'll be out of status. Your choice. Of course the third choice would be to wait for your labor, which might take years.
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats with Philly ???

Is it the cheesesteak ?
Or
Maybe it's the fact that Philly falls in a latitute and longitude that has a numbing effect on the capacity of DOL workers.. thats gotta be it. God has conspired against these poor workers... it's not their fault they're inefficient.

I mean even Dallas BEC has reported approvals now. One more recently.

Predicting Approximate LC Approval

Here is last "OFFICIAL" word that came from DOL from murthy.com. This points clearly to DOL's intention of processing by true FIFO.

Processing Cases by First-In / First-Out (FIFO)

"Though cases at the BECs will be sorted into RIR and regular labor certification cases, the DOL advised that they are making every effort to get the cases with the oldest priority dates processed first, regardless of whether they are RIR or regular."

I think if we have case breakdown by year/month for all 250,000 cases (including RIR/NON-RIR/Regional/SWA all of them-remember initial analysis done by Zany only included regional cases), we probably can estimate approximate time assuming 200 analyst working on 250,000 cases. I need help from JustWatching, Icarus, Zany_Brainy, gp111 and other gurus to get to that. Thanks in advance.

45 day letters & 90 day periods

Have any of the folks that received the 45 day letters 90+ days ago tried to contact the DOL?

If so, what's the response been like?

Just curious...

Thanks.

experts - need your inputs on this FIFO BS!

If the BECs are going to process non-rir and rir cases in the same FIFO-Q, can someone explain what happens with non-rir cases pending at the SWAs which have NOT received any advertising instructions as yet???

Does this mean that until a Non-rir case, say recived in Jun 2002, goes thru' the advertising cycle, processing responses received etc etc. an RIR case with the same PD will be pending, so the FIFO rule will hold good?????

this makes no sense to me!

Or do you think, the BECs are goign to waive the advertising process for NOn-rir cases altogether... just wishful thinking on my sad pathetic self!!! :p

MUD
PD: Jan 2003, Non-RIR
SWA - CT
no signs of any 45 day letter as yet!

What the heck is going in BRC?

Can any one with Hot line find out what is going on at Philly? I dont see any improvement in our deep labor. Man... I tell you it is worst than ladies labour pain !. Thats is over within couple of hours but this forever. Amen.......

These BRC personnels need better training from us......Monkeys..... :mad:

mvinays,

The Aila update says "By unanimous consent, the senate also passed a measure sponsered by senators Schumer (D-NY), Hutchinson (R-TX) and Kennedy (D-MA) that would recapture EB-3 numbers lost from FY 2001-2004 due to processing delays. 50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations".

My question is here what are those Schedule A occupations? please post your reply, I hope many like me be eager to know.

Thank you

mvinays said:
EB3 relief for Chinese, Indians and Filipinos?
SOURCE:
http://www.aila.org/fileViewer.aspx?docID=18287

orissa said:
mvinays,

The Aila update says "By unanimous consent, the senate also passed a measure sponsered by senators Schumer (D-NY), Hutchinson (R-TX) and Kennedy (D-MA) that would recapture EB-3 numbers lost from FY 2001-2004 due to processing delays. 50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations".

My question is here what are those Schedule A occupations? please post your reply, I hope many like me be eager to know.

Thank you

SCHEDULE A OCCUPATIONS

The Department of Labor has determined that there are not sufficient United States workers who are able, willing, qualified, and available for certain occupations, and that employment of aliens in these occupations will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of U.S. workers similarly employed. Those occupations are listed under two groups on Schedule A.

Group I:
(a) Physical Therapists who possess all the qualifications necessary to take the PT licensing exam in the state in which they propose to practice.
(b) Professional Registered Nurses who have passed the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing School (CGFNS) Exam; or who hold a full and unrestricted license to practice professional nursing in the state of intended employment

Group II:
Aliens (except for aliens in the performing arts) of exceptional ability in the sciences or arts including college and university teachers of exceptional ability who have been practicing their science or art during the year prior to application and who intend to practice the same science or art in the U.S.

SOURCE:
http://www.immspec.com/scha.htm

Fifo

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent observer of this thread. I have one question. When they say FIFO , does that mean if they recieve a case at BEC from Philly regional with PD let's say Jan 2003, but, they are not going to process it until they process all the cases with PD April 2001 or does the FIFO means cases get processed as in the order BEC recieves it. I am really confused on this. Can someone please throw some light on this. Also is there any priority for Philly regional cases at Philly BEC.

Thanks in Adv
PD - March 2003
Philadelphia Regional RD Oct 2003

Thanks in adv.