Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Have you/your lawyer received the 45 days letter? When you said PBEC sent your lawyer two mail, are they email or paper mail?

Does it mean that PBEC already started process CA cases with PD of Dec 2002 in September?

thanks

kathyliu said:
my case is RIR, filed in CA Dec. 2002

Please stop lamenting

Folks,
I understand we are all unhappy about PBEC - but there's no point in lamenting over the immigration system or PBEC in this thread. Stop lamenting, this is not the end of the world and does not call for this thread to become a mourners den !!

Personally, I'd rather love to see just a handful of posts in a week with approvals than seeing 150 posts of boo hoos or "why not Canada?".

Thanks for ignoring my post if your opinion differs.
Cheer up,
Manny

tanveer666 said:
Hello dear depressed Immigrents

I think we all are lost in PBEC . The worest thinG about PBEC is that no body knows when his/her case will be approved and when we will be able to get rid from this mess.....
always_missing said:
Saknia and others,
...The US is country of Immigrants. There is no room for new immigrants in this country. Immigration process is taking more than 4 years to assess labor application i.e. whether this kind of skill set worker is required or not. The same department is indicated their decision in 21 days in 2000.

I lost confidence in US immigration system and they started hating aliens.

I agree

Dont think the sky will fall down if you dont get the GC. important thing is happiness, save as much as you can (while leading comfortable life). if things dont work then India is always an option ( booming jpb market) and then try to come back again (which is v.difficult though ..)

saknia said:
Hi StresstestUSA

Who generally file in i245? Possibly all Latin American country workers who have some how creeped in here long time back. Not certainly India. One or two stray cases from India who come here on Visit and stay with out papers might be there. But not many compared to other Countries.

So for India it will move pass Apr 01 much faster than others I think

My thoughts exactly ...Also I feel as the economy expands (and boomers retire) things will move faster in mid-2006. I dont know why guys with PD of 2002 are thinking of PERM ....can the PD be kept the same with new perm filings ?

Mariner55 and MannyD..

true, I too think my mid 2006 will still not be the same as it..Since we have waited sooo looong..another 1/2 yr will not be much in this marathon..

But sometimes our emotions catch on us and we wonder maybe are we still waiting in this dark without looking for other options...

It also depends on what stage of your life one is, if u r unmarried:very fine, newly married with US born kids: still fine, can go back home country, doing very good there(I presume India), Married came with toddlers to US in early 2000 : toddlers r growing up, landed up buying a house, spend all $ here for mortgages, 2 cars (all on one earning)..etc, tending to save is minimum..these r all personal choices of course...

So, bottom line, we need to be patient for another 5 months for approvals to flow...and of course be mentally prepared for another clog at the 140 stage at the Service centres...!!

sameer2730 said:
Where did you read that Canadian GC can work in USA on a TN Visa ? Everywhere it is mentioned that Canadian citizenship is a must to obtain TN visa. Also I read if you are a Canadian GC from a visa exempt country you do not need a passport Visa to work in USA. What does that mean ?

That is what a Company from Canada told me last year. I was too under the impression that Citizenship is required for TN Visa as it is based on reciprocatory arrangements with Neighbouring Counries for their Citizens.

People who do not require visa to US are from EU Counries & UK. If they get Residenceship in Canada they may not need Visa and can do TN

saknia said:
That is what a Company from Canada told me last year. I was too under the impression that Citizenship is required for TN Visa as it is based on reciprocatory arrangements with Neighbouring Counries for their Citizens.

People who do not require visa to US are from EU Counries & UK. If they get Residenceship in Canada they may not need Visa and can do TN

Sameer

I forgot to add : Thanks for the correction.

I did not do much Reaserch on Canada that time as I thought PBEC will move -the time I got 45 days letter - Hopes were high and even now recently with the lastest firework of Dec 2005 approvals. Now that Firework has stopped we all start thinking of all other options again

This is to stop debates in this thread about needs to fight the retrogression.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

These bills are expected to bring a reform in the employment-based immigration increasing the employment-based immigrant visa numbers substantially. There are no strong opposition to this part of the comprehensive immigration reform.

Guys, this is a really good time to bring the PBEC problem to the Congress. It might be too late after February.

Talk to your employers, to your managers and HR. If you have an honest lawyer they certainly can be of great help. What we need to achieve is that somebody in the Congress would mentioned this issue. If respublicans say they are commited to support legal immigration and oppose illegal they would have no choice but to press DOL to tackle Philadelphia BEC to keep the good face.
Of course if anyone has even smallest leads to the Congressmen's and Senator's offices or media use them now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say now employers should write to the congress and copy it to the Labor dept
sbdol said:
Guys, this is a really good time to bring the PBEC problem to the Congress. It might be too late after February.

Talk to your employers, to your managers and HR. If you have an honest lawyer they certainly can be of great help. What we need to achieve is that somebody in the Congress would mentioned this issue. If respublicans say they are commited to support legal immigration and oppose illegal they would have no choice but to press DOL to tackle Philadelphia BEC to keep the good face.
Of course if anyone has even smallest leads to the Congressmen's and Senator's offices or media use them now.

Which one is better?

Which one is better?

A) EB3 VA RIR AUG 2002

OR

B) EB2 VA RIR FEB 2006 (PERM)

These are for two different jobs within the same company and applicant is from a not from India, China or Philipine. Ads have already been placed for PERM and they are just waiting for 30 days before filing for PERM.

If filed, PERM will be approved around March/April 2006. However, there is a good chance that Aug 2002 case might be approved by then as PBEC appears to be processing May/June 2002 these days for RIR.

Comment/advice please.

sbdol said:
This is to stop debates in this thread about needs to fight the retrogression.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

These bills are expected to bring a reform in the employment-based immigration increasing the employment-based immigrant visa numbers substantially. There are no strong opposition to this part of the comprehensive immigration reform.

Hi

How the Guest worker program will increase the Visa Numbers of people waiting here for 485 Queue.

All they are talking are about not allowing Amnesty againts the Legal Immigration ( Guys like us waiting here and in 485 Queue). This bill will bring a Guest worker program which will infact make the stay of already overtayed and illegal guys in the countrty to stay here legally. Rememeber a lot of Guys waiting here on i245 if they get out with out these Guest workere will loose that application and it is good for this PBEC Backlogs.

There was a word there which is worth mention : someone is wondring as to how they can bring a Guest workerer program with out some kind of Amensty involved. This is true. This is what I have explained above about i245 cases

Since now it is about 5 years since Apr 2001 lot of these Guys has packed out of the Country.Those who are still there cannot reply for 45 days which PBEC send s now ( address change etc) . This will close lot of i245 cases. If they allow some Guest worker program they will use it and become legal here from that time and they can even open up a closed i245 and they will fight for the Visa numbers with you and me

msabir said:
Which one is better?

A) EB3 VA RIR AUG 2002

OR

These are for two different jobs within the same company and applicant is from a not from India, China or Philipine. Ads have already been placed for PERM and they are just waiting for 30 days before filing for PERM.

If filed, PERM will be approved around March/April 2006. However, there is a good chance that Aug 2002 case might be approved by then as PBEC appears to be processing May/June 2002 these days for RIR.

Comment/advice please.

AUG 2002 for sure

Please advice.

Can you or someone please explain why Aug 2002 would be better. Keep in mind that Aug 2002 case is Eb3, for which visa numbers are not available - so one can't file for I-485 and work permit. Whereas Feb 2006 is EB2, for which visa numbers are available and one can file for I-485 and work permit. What am I missing here? Please advice.

My lawyer thinks Feb 2006 EB2 (via PERM) is better than Aug 2002 EB3. But he doesn't sound very confident. However in this forum, most people say that AUG 2002 EB3 is better. Now I am confused.

saknia said:
AUG 2002 for sure

msabir said:
Originally Posted by msabir
Which one is better?

A) EB3 VA RIR AUG 2002

OR

Comment/advice please.

My first post

Applied for labor from Virginia in May 2002. Still waiting....
Here are my details:

VA EB3-RIR
PD: May 14, 2002
Moved to Philly DOL: Jan 9, 2004
45-day letter received: Dec 30, 2004
45-day letter replied: First week of Jan 2005
Labor approval: Still Waiting..

According to posts in this forum, they are processing January to June 2002 in almost random order. You should get it any time. It can be this week or in a month or two. I am cautiously optimistic that it will be sooner - within a month.

halleycomet86 said:
Applied for labor from Virginia in May 2002. Still waiting....
Here are my details:

VA EB3-RIR
PD: May 14, 2002
Moved to Philly DOL: Jan 9, 2004
45-day letter received: Dec 30, 2004
45-day letter replied: First week of Jan 2005
Labor approval: Still Waiting..

kathyliu said:
My lawyer received two mails from Philadelphia BEC. The mails said that my company not exist, and phone number not valid.

Actually our company with same number ,same address, same phone number more than 10 years.

My layer mailed all my company's documents to PA BEC half year ago. and since then, we heard nothing from PA BEC.

Does anyone have same situation? What I should to do now?

I had the same query when they sent the 45 day letter way back in May 05.
Replied back with all the necessary documention.Havent heard anything since then.

I agree with you

MannyD said:
Folks,
I understand we are all unhappy about PBEC - but there's no point in lamenting over the immigration system or PBEC in this thread. Stop lamenting, this is not the end of the world and does not call for this thread to become a mourners den !!

Personally, I'd rather love to see just a handful of posts in a week with approvals than seeing 150 posts of boo hoos or "why not Canada?".

Thanks for ignoring my post if your opinion differs.
Cheer up,
Manny