Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

keepingfaith said:
My case is also Florida SWA but never even made it to regional...

Even better, over the weekend I got the 45-day letter from Philly BEC with the new case number.

Hope this helps!

keepingfaith -

Are you 100% sure your case never made it to Regional? I was reviewing the tracker and there are two things that make me ask this question:

1) There are Florida cases (that were forwarded to Atlanta DOL) right before and right after that were sent to BEC. Your case would have been transferred the last week of April 2004 to Atlanta DOL.

2) Atlanta DOL cases were entered between Jan 11 - Jan 13 (for the most part) and that is when your case was entered into the system as well.

Are you RIR or Traditional?
Did you look for your case in the flcdatacenter.com Access databases?

Thanks

About 3 weeks ago I sent and publish here a letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao, today I got a response from DOL signed by the chief of Division of Foreign labor Certification.
He explained to me how the DOL/BEC works as we had already known.
Also he told me that my case had been sent to Philadelphia from San Francisco. Before the letter I never know where is my case even I didn't know whether it was received or not by the San Francisco regional office since EDD of California informed me that my case was transferred to regional office.

What I would like to appeal here is if we want to relief our pain of waiting 4-5 years, only way is to stand up and let everyone know the fact, send a letter, e-mail, fax to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao, Congressman, President, media... push DOL (BEC) to start work. I believe it is better than guessing how the DOL handle the case, calculating the processing speed and so on. If they don't start process, all of above just our own wishful thinking. No one care us if they don't know.

However, it looks like most of people in this forum don't like my idea, my posting and other similar postings were moved (I can't find and read it anymore).
Of course, I never expect DOL will reply and promise to speed up the process after sending letter.
If Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao and other powerful guy's mail box were full of 30K letters to complain BEC, I think they may consider it seriously.

To me at least the DOL top guys know I am suffering a pain, and help me to find where is my case.
At least you may check your case status with the top of DOL.

Good idea. Can you please send me content of your letter send to mr. Chao? I will send one more. Thx,

Wboyi said:
About 3 weeks ago I sent and publish here a letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao, today I got a response from DOL signed by the chief of Division of Foreign labor Certification.
Also he told me that my case had been sent to Philadelphia from San Francisco. Before the letter I never know where is my case even I didn't know whether it was received or not by the San Francisco regional office since EDD of California informed me that my case was transferred to regional office.

What I would like to appeal here is if we want to relief our pain of waiting 4-5 years, only way is to stand up and let everyone know the fact, send a letter, e-mail, fax to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao, Congressman, President, media... push DOL (BEC) to start work. I believe it is better than guessing how the DOL handle the case, calculating the processing speed and so on. If they don't start process, all of above just our own wishful thinking. No one care us if they don't know.

However, it looks like most of people in this forum don't like my idea, my posting and other similar postings were moved (I can't find and read it anymore).
Of course, I never expect DOL will reply and promise to speed up the process after sending letter.
If Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao and other powerful guy's mail box were full of 30K letters to complain BEC, I think they may consider it seriously.

To me at least the DOL top guys know I am suffering a pain, and help me to find where is my case.

Wboyi,
I definitely agree with you. We need to raise our concerns to DOL, congressman, and above all media. There are people in this forum including myself who have waited for 3+ years to get the labor certification. Can you publish some content on the forum so that other people can also follow up.

WBoyi,
If I can have contents of that letter I will also send the letter. I liked your idea, all we loose is 37 cents stamp.

Wboyi said:

Problem is, whenever someone comes up with idea of sending letter or take initiative or raise awareness among diplomats, some STUPID will overshadow the process of organizing support group by their selfish question like
"How can I convert RIR to PERM", "I didn't received letter yet", "my lawyer is ..."
These forums should be strictly moderated.

Me and lot of other members like Wboyi tried something like this (sending letter to press and politician) many times and finally our posts were pushed by idiotic personal questions which nobody has sure answer. If you want to convert your case from RIR to PERM, why don't you go and read in appropriate thread, there is tons of information out there.

Wboyi, can you please post your letter here. Somehow I think moderators and immigration lawyers are not interested in eliminating this backlog. They will loose your business if you become PR. AILA is usually very quick in criticizing USCIS but when it comes to labor certificate they are mute. Can you find any articles where they criticize DOL ? None.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is his letter..

Anand_Mishra said:
Good idea. Can you please send me content of your letter send to mr. Chao? I will send one more. Thx,

Wboyi said:
I agree that getting more people involved to send a letter is better than doing it separately. However I don’t think that individual will be totally useless, at least it better than nothing before sending a letter with multi-signature.

Actually today I send a letter to Secretary of DOL, Elaine L. Chao. Since her e-mail address is not available, I have to send it by mail.
If you go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ , you may find e-mail address of President, Vice-president and … . The e-mail address of President is president@whitehouse.gov

I believe if we, in the same boat of DOL Backlog Elimination Center, should stand up and help ourselves.

Following is what I send:

03/18/2005

The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210

Dear Secretary Chao,

First at all, thank you very much to read this letter. I take this
opportunity to congratulate you on your 2nd term as Secretary of US
Department of Labor.

I am writing to you because I am looking for your help to pay attention to
my situation. That is my Alien Employment Certification which is pending to
the DOL (San Francisco DOL regional office) more than 2 years.

The current progress in San Francisco DOL regional office is very very slow; they started process the application received by March 2003 since last December, now they are
still stay in March 2003. There are a lot of cases was backlogged.
According to this pace, some of applicant may retire before their case is
processed.

Actually there are thousands of applicants like me are undergoing the same
pain, the pain of waiting continue day and day, week and week, month and
month, year and year, some of us have been waiting 4-5 years. I am one of
them. No one tell us how long we have to wait.

Recently I got to know the DOL started 2 Backlog Elimination Center to
handle all the backlogged case. I saw a ray of light at that time.
However 6 months passed, it made me disappointed again. I can’t believe it.
Backlog Elimination Center didn’t speed up the processing at all and create
more backlogs. How many cases they processed so far: Zero. To my
understanding, two more unnecessary procedures were created and cause new
delay. (Blue words are my comments)
(1) Take several months to transfer or input case data manually from
regional office (It is said what Backlog Elimination Center are doing now.
Does it mean the cases are not input in the DOL computer system at all when
the cases stay in the regional office, or nothing happened to those case
during several years, what are they doing?)
(2) Take another several months to send and receive so-called 45-day letter
to verify whether the applicant want to continue their application or not
(It is said that only no more than 0.75% case was withdrawn so far,
therefore this procedure may be eliminated, on the other hand, if the case
was handled timely, this procedure is absolutely not necessary at all)

The most important is when Backlog Elimination Center start to process case?
Backlog is still backlog if no any processing at all.

Furthermore, I have another big concern. It is said that DOL will start a
new program, PREM (Permanent Labor certification Program), to process Alien
Employment Certification and it will make a decision in 60 days once the
application is received. If it were true, that would be a supreme irony for
us, already waiting Alien Employment Certification for several years. Should
we give up current application and turn to PREM? Suppose the average waiting
time is 3 years for each applicant, 300,000 applicants mean we waste 900,000
years. I don¡¯t think it is a fair. Some of us in the same boat will appeal
to Senate, House and President for this issue, 60 days vs several years.

What I request here are
(1) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing to make a
clear definition about current application and PREM, we should have the same
treatment as PREM. Finish current federal labor cases before moving to PERM
or move the backlogged cases to PREM
(2) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing Backlog
Elimination start process case immediately
(3) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing Backlog
Elimination to make a clear process timetable and set up a track system to
let every applicant know the case status

I believe this request is not only for myself also for thousands of
applicants.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

For congessmen/senetaors

http://www.senate.gov/general/conta...enators_cfm.cfm
http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.shtml

Lets start Flood of Letter to DOL and Elaine L. Chao

I am agree with you all my friends. Please post a copy of letter, I swear my letter will the First in DOL mail box.

USCISisMockery said:
Problem is, whenever someone comes up with idea of sending letter or take initiative or raise awareness among diplomats, some STUPID will overshadow the process of organizing support group by their selfish question like
"How can I convert RIR to PERM", "I didn't received letter yet", "my lawyer is ..."
These forums should be strictly moderated.

Me and lot of other members like Wboyi tried something like this (sending letter to press and politician) many times and finally our posts were pushed by idiotic personal questions which nobody has sure answer. If you want to convert your case from RIR to PERM, why don't you go and read in appropriate thread, there is tons of information out there.

Wboyi, can you please post your letter here. Somehow I think moderators and immigration lawyers are not interested in eliminating this backlog. They will loose your business if you become PR. AILA is usually very quick in criticizing USCIS but when it comes to labor certificate they are mute. Can you find any articles where they criticize DOL ? None.

I totally agree with you, we talk about BRC not processing cases, lets first get our act together and then we complain about someone else not looking at backlogs.

Lets do it!

Folks,
Let's go for it. All you have to 'invest' is 37 cents, a paper and an envelop. we spend several folds daily on coffee.

I just printed mine and going to mail it in few minutes.

Good luck.

JustWatching said:
keepingfaith -

Are you 100% sure your case never made it to Regional? I was reviewing the tracker and there are two things that make me ask this question:

1) There are Florida cases (that were forwarded to Atlanta DOL) right before and right after that were sent to BEC. Your case would have been transferred the last week of April 2004 to Atlanta DOL.

2) Atlanta DOL cases were entered between Jan 11 - Jan 13 (for the most part) and that is when your case was entered into the system as well.

Are you RIR or Traditional?
Did you look for your case in the flcdatacenter.com Access databases?

Thanks

Yes, I'm sure... Even though my priority date is Dec. 29, 2003, the case got lost at SWA (we never got their receipt letter even though we had the certified mail receipt)... my attorney contacted them to rectify the problem, and in September 2004 we had to resubmit the papers because they simply couldn't find it even though they acknowledged receiving it. My lawyer's contact at SWA then honored the original priority date of 12/29/03 based on all the proof we sent them. We finally got a receipt letter dated September 29, 2004 saying they received the case, giving us a case number and the priority date of 12/29/03. Since this "mishap" we've been keeping tabs on them, and we knew the case was unopened and never transferred to regional, and would be going straight to a BEC eventually.

GCCovet said:
Folks,
Let's go for it. All you have to 'invest' is 37 cents, a paper and an envelop. we spend several folds daily on coffee.

I just printed mine and going to mail it in few minutes.

Good luck.

Yeah!
Let DOL divert some of it's limited resources from case processing to purchasing and servicing a really big shredder!
That will help, absolutely!

Xipe

Xipe Totec said:
Yeah!
Let DOL divert some of it's limited resources from case processing to purchasing and servicing a really big shredder!
That will help, absolutely!

Xipe,
Huh! As if they are currenlty doing real great job!!!! You know that u r the biggest Jerk! Right?

I bet, you will be the happiest person when these letter writing actually works and speeds up process we achieve our goals. You will be benefited out of it and you know what, you dont have to waste your time doing anything, not even spend 37 cents. Lousy people like you stall the revolutionization process that few people are willing to start/participate.
Stay away if you dont agree. and keep your unsolicited advice to yourself.
Take a break!

I just mailed my letter, I was wondering who else should I send the letter to since I have few more copies of it. ;)
No seriously though, can we also send a letter to some supervisior at Philly BRC and bring this to his attention. He/She might not listen but I want to try sending a letter.

Our voice is not heard

I like this idea. We also need to bring media (TV and newspaper) attention. We should look for some prominent newpaper and TV channels and flood them with letters. We should work as a group and shouldn't be an individuals effort.

People like Xipe Totec needs to be avoided

whatheheck said:
I like this idea. We also need to bring media (TV and newspaper) attention. We should look for some prominent newpaper and TV channels and flood them with letters. We should work as a group and shouldn't be an individuals effort.

I agree with you, united we can achieve some results, divided 'Nothing'
Take that Xipe_Totec.