Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Just faxed

Hi Guys

I too just faxed our request to Leticia S.I hope she could do something for our community.Please join hands & I would request everyone here to send our requests , so that we can be heard

Thanks
GCcomesoon
CA , PD - 5/13/2003
DOL received - 4/2004
transferred to PBEC

Last edited by a moderator:
A post from DBEC forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How A Bill Becomes A Law
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction Of A Bill
Legislation can be introduced in Congress on any subject. Legislation (a bill) can be a simple, non-binding resolution commemorating a notable achievement or lengthy complex changes in law. Legislation is introduced by Members of Congress in the House or Senate. Often similar or identical legislation is introduced in both Chambers of Congress. Introducing a bill is an important, though routine, matter. Thousands of bills are introduced in every Congress, but only a handful are seriously considered or passed into law.

In Committee
Once a piece of legislation is introduced, it is referred to a committee – House bills to a House committee, Senate bills to a Senate committee. The committee may refer the bill to a subcommittee, which can either do nothing, effectively killing the bill, or consider the legislation. Generally, the subcommittee will hold hearings with testimony about the legislation from experts and other interested parties. They may then amend, or change, the legislation and vote to send it to the full committee. The full committee may then consider the bill, amend it, vote to approve it, and send it to the full House or Senate. In both houses, there are procedures for bypassing committees, but this is seldom done.

On The Floor
Once the House or Senate receives the bill, the it may be scheduled for consideration in the full House or Senate – often referred to as being “on the floor” of the chamber where they meet. The bill will be debated, amended, and voted on. A simple majority generally is needed to pass a bill, although in the Senate most controversial legislation requires a 60-vote supermajority to “invoke cloture” to end debate, or filibuster, of a bill.

In Conference
Once the House and Senate pass a bill, a conference committee made up of Senators and Representatives work out any differences between the House and Senate-passed versions. The conference reports out the compromise legislation and sends it back to the House and Senate, where both bodies must pass it again.

On The President’s Desk
After the House and Senate both approve a bill, the bill is sent to the President of the United States. The President has ten days to sign the bill or use his veto power to prevent the bill from becoming a law. In the “veto message” the President explains the reasons (Called “Objections” in the Constitution) for vetoing the bill.

Overriding A Veto
If the President vetoes a bill, Congress can override the President’s veto if two-thirds of the members in both Chambers vote again for the bill. If either Chamber fails to override the veto, the bill does not become law.

PCChandra said:
To

Leticia Sierra, Acting Chief,

Division of Foreign Labor Certification,

Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration,

200 Constitution Avenue NW.,

Room C4312, FP Building, Washington, DC 20210
Phone: 202 693-3010
Fax: 202 693-2768
Email: sierra.leticia@dol.gov

Dear Leticia Sierra:

I am a computer professional working in US on H1 Visa for last 6 years in same profession. As you know, my spouse on H4 dependent visa can not work – she has master’s degree with great enthusiasm to work.

Labor certification delay makes me suffer a lot.

Of the two BEC’s the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (PBEC) is processing very slow. While the Dallas BEC is proceeding with regular approvals and with approvals as far as application date of Sep-2003(Regional RIR Cases), Philadelphia BEC has not even finished partial data entry for more than half of the applications and have been randomly approving some applications with absolutely NO regard to FIFO (first-in-first-out), which the DOL had promised during the inception of the BEC’s.

Philidelphia Backlog Elimination center for GC labor processing is killing our day to day life. We are not able to take major decisions like buying home, establish business for spouse or investing in economy in stocks etc.

As a legal, tax-paying and productive member of society, my career and my spouses working status is stalled by this seemingly never ending unfair wait in the American legal immigration system and is very discouraging and possibly detrimental to the interest of the American global economy in the 21st century.

I request you to look at us and the whole community like us who are highly skilled, peace loving and helping US economy to grow.

Can you please take necessary steps to speed up the process at Philadelphia BEC like what Dallas BEC is doing now?

Thanks and Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

My Name
My Address
My Phone Number
----------------------------------------------------------

Come on guys , we need every one's support here to send letters and faxes to senators so they will wake up the sleeping Phili BEC people.

Every ones support is really needed.

Good luck.

Brilliant, this letter hits the spot. Keep them coming. Lets mail/fax it to her.

Will do it today and let some of my friends do the same.

PCChandra said:
To

Dear Leticia Sierra:

I am a computer professional working in US on H1 Visa for last 6 years in same profession. As you know, my spouse on H4 dependent visa can not work – she has master’s degree with great enthusiasm to work.

Of the two BEC’s the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (PBEC) is processing very slow. While the Dallas BEC is proceeding with regular approvals and with approvals as far as application date of Sep-2003(Regional RIR Cases), Philadelphia BEC has not even finished partial data entry for more than half of the applications and have been randomly approving some applications with absolutely NO regard to FIFO (first-in-first-out), which the DOL had promised during the inception of the BEC’s.

Philidelphia Backlog Elimination center for GC labor processing is killing our day to day life. We are not able to take major decisions like buying home, establish business for spouse or investing in economy in stocks etc.

As a legal, tax-paying and productive member of society, my career and my spouses working status is stalled by this seemingly never ending unfair wait in the American legal immigration system and is very discouraging and possibly detrimental to the interest of the American global economy in the 21st century.

I request you to look at us and the whole community like us who are highly skilled, peace loving and helping US economy to grow.

Can you please take necessary steps to speed up the process at Philadelphia BEC like what Dallas BEC is doing now?

Sincerely,

My Name
My Address
My Phone Number
----------------------------------------------------------

Come on guys , we need every one's support here to send letters and faxes to senators so they will wake up the sleeping Phili BEC people.

Every ones support is really needed.

Good luck.

Hi

Does any know when is Sen. Chuck Hagle immigration reform bill being discussed in senate and if passed will this allow anyone with 3+years US work experience to file I-485 (removing BEC off the equation) OR should the person have a US Masters to qualify for this.

Woke up to PBEC Realty and faxed this letter to Leticia Sierra; Thanks forthe templat

To

Leticia Sierra,
Acting Chief,
Department of Labor,
Employment and Training Administration,
200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room C4312, FP Building,
Washington, DC 20210

Dear Leticia Sierra:

I am an I.T. Professional working for a reputed organization in US on H1 Visa for last 4 ½ years in same profession. I have a Master’s of Science Degree from one of the reputed School in US and graduated with distinction. With the training I gained from Masters Degree and Experience I earned from working for reputed Organizations, I am working to realize my “American Dream”, build my career, establish my life and take care of my family. I have wife who is also on H1b and a 7 month old beautiful daughter who is an American citizen.

I have applied for Labor Certification from the state of Virginia in May 2002 through my company. My application for labor certification is pending in Philadelphia Backlog Elimination (PBEC) for the last one year and at State, Regional and PBEC altogether for more than 3 ½ years till now. Till date, we do not have any knowledge of when the application will be processed or at what stage the application is.

The delay in the process of Labor certification at PBEC suffers me and the people who are in the similar situation a lot. We are kept in dark about the status of the application. We have no way of knowing the status of our applications either via telephone or by email.

Of the two BEC’s (Dallas and Philadelphia) the processing of our applications at Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (PBEC) has been very slow. While the Dallas BEC is proceeding with regular approvals and with approvals as far as application date of Sep-2003(Regional RIR Cases), Philadelphia BEC has not even finished partial data entry for more than half of the applications and have been randomly approving some applications with absolutely NO regard to FIFO (first-in-first-out), which the DOL had promised during the inception of the BEC’s. Our cases having been forwarded to PBEC, we are at a disadvantageous situation where the cases at the Dallas are being processed and are being able to get Labor Certification. While new bills being passed that would help the people whose Labor application is certified with the later priority date (than I have ) are able to apply for the next stage, our applications are stuck at the PBEC with no way to go.

Philadelphia Backlog Elimination center for GC labor processing is killing our day to day life. We are not able to take major decisions like buying home, establish business for spouse or investing in economy in stocks etc and realizing the “American Dream”.

As a legal, tax-paying and productive member of society, my career and our future working status is in jeopardy by this seemingly never ending unfair wait in the American legal immigration system and is very discouraging and possibly detrimental to the interest of the American global economy in the 21st century.

I request you to kindly look at us and the whole community like us who are highly skilled, peace loving and helping US economy to grow.

Would you please take necessary steps to speed up the process at Philadelphia BEC like what Dallas BEC is doing now?

Sincerely,

My Name
My Address
My Contact

Ok

Congrat ... But my case. Nothing heard yet.

From MD. PD = Sept/2001. EB2. RIR. They are working on spending tax payer's money.

srawal said:
After 4 years got my Labor approved. Here are the details. Good Luck to all. Atleast they are working ..but sssssssllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwww.

Maryland, EB3-RIR
PD=January 7,2002
RD= April 5, 2004
BPC - Phil - 45 day notice March 2005
BPC -Phil - 45 day reply March 2005
New Case# New Case # : P-04274-xxxxx

Approval Notice Recieved on November 3rd.

Thanks for those who already sent letter to Leticia Sierra

Friends,

Thanks for the support guys.

Also spread this information to your friends suffering like us at Philidelphia BEC.

I forwarded this letter to 15 of my friends stuck at phili BEC.

like that we need to target each of the important senators so they can take action aganist Phili BEC.

Daily we will target one or two senators and send letters, emails, faxes like this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sample letter format:

To

Dear Leticia Sierra:

Sincerely,
Your Name

Your Phone Number
-------------------------------------------------

We should start sending letters daily to fight against Phili BEC.

Good luck.

USCIS Mockery is RIGHT

stucklabor said:
USCISMockery,

Please stop spreading canards. Give a concrete reason why the new measures hurt us. Sure they help someone else more right now. But to argue that we are stuck in a hole and so nothing else should be done other than our own particular problem, is short-sighted and selfish.

If Retrogation effort goes through well with all the Guys stuck here in PBEC the Date might move to say 2003/2004.

What happens then -

In INS

Guys around 2004/2005 Priortiy dates has to hang on till 2007 till the Dates become current for them ( which might take more than a Year as the 90,000 will be used for 2006 quickly)

March 2005 - Sep 2005 PERM Guys are already in 485 Queue. Any PERMer after Oct 2005 will have to wait till 2004/2005 Guys give them chance ( after they move up in the Queue)

PBEC

If No awareness is done then 2004/2005 Guys will get approved only in 2007. (Still they get to file as they expect that their dates are current - This may not be True) They are looking at what they want and want all of us to support Retrogation First

If we guess that we are so generous and don't want to compalin about How Lucky is somebody ( that he got his PERM and EAD qucikly) WHY WE SHOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT ILLEGALS AND ASYLUM SEEKERS . Let them be Happy and be Lucky too. What should be our concern then in comparison to them.

Bottom Line :

ALL Guys with priortiy Dates 2000-2002 are Fighting for PBEC like hell - We should not do that as we might get cleared soon and with current Retrogation measures we might be out of GC in Year. In fact we should support only Retrogation measures and Bills around that

Are we doing that ??? Big NO NO

We are still concerned about PBEC - Why ?? -

Because we have suffered and know how slow things can be with PBEC- One approval per month etc and we don't want all these GUys ( 2003/2004/2005) to get stuck here.

USCIS Mockery is right in what he is saying . Rettogation has a bigger Agenda and Bigger sponsors behind it ( employers, senators, Attorneys, lawyers etc)

PBEC has got ony couple of Hundreds who visit this forum for whatever it can give tehm back

GUys you are free to talk about any Future issues ( Including Interview Questions for your Citizenships as one day you have to be there also and how to Invest after GC etc as this is a Free world and Forum). But POOR Guys who want to Know about cases approved at PBEC and want to know about PBEC matters only - Hang on and read coupleof more pages everydaya as this is a Free and Fair forum ( minus discpline on what can be posted etc - See I can post here so Big message - Some one can say Read if you want)

If this is Really free forum - Do not Shout out at Guys posting thier ads as well . It is too part of the game. Like some one said here Read if you wnat or Leave it

Support USCIS Mockery and listen to him Guys- You will be benifitted

No Replies will be entertained to discuss this my Post further

Got a CALL from DOL !

Guys,

I got a call from DOL in response to my letter to them.

They told my case status which is in RIR.Also they said that it would take anywhere between 20 and 24 months(this was their general response to everybody..they told me).

The guy did not told me my expected approval date but it was an encouraging sign that atleast they are responding my query and also told me my case status.

So. Guys..... Writing letter works !.........Pls. write letters .................
it matters !

Even though it is not a big help ...just wanted to share with you guys...

If my case is in RIR,how much more time its gonna take for approval...Any guesses.....

Congratulations !
Thanks for sharing this info.....Good Luck for I140/485.

srawal said:
After 4 years got my Labor approved. Here are the details. Good Luck to all. Atleast they are working ..but sssssssllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwww.

Maryland, EB3-RIR
PD=January 7,2002
RD= April 5, 2004
BPC - Phil - 45 day notice March 2005
BPC -Phil - 45 day reply March 2005
New Case# New Case # : P-04274-xxxxx

Approval Notice Recieved on November 3rd.

Also try to customize your letters

Friends,

Please customize(add or edit or whatever...) your letters so each letter looks little different.

I like the one Kiran00 did.

They should not think that one guy is doing mass emailing or faxing.

Good luck guys.

Thanks for the format PCChandra!

Thanks for the format. Short and to the point. I am going to borrow this and send it, perhaps, with a heading like "PBEC Backlog Reduction Center Inactivity".

javaconsultant said:
Guys,

I got a call from DOL in response to my letter to them.

They told my case status which is in RIR.Also they said that it would take anywhere between 20 and 24 months(this was their general response to everybody..they told me).

The guy did not told me my expected approval date but it was an encouraging sign that atleast they are responding my query and also told me my case status.

So. Guys..... Writing letter works !.........Pls. write letters .................
it matters !

Even though it is not a big help ...just wanted to share with you guys...

If my case is in RIR,how much more time its gonna take for approval...Any guesses.....

Since you PD i June 2002 (RIR) and they are working on VA MD & CA Cases very soon you might go to Final Review. Normally going by previous approval rates it takes 30 -40 days for approval from Final Review time

All the Best

GCTitan said:
Hi

Does any know when is Sen. Chuck Hagle immigration reform bill being discussed in senate and if passed will this allow anyone with 3+years US work experience to file I-485 (removing BEC off the equation) OR should the person have a US Masters to qualify for this.

I would advise you not to pin your hopes too much on that piece of proposal.....As it stands there are too many immigration reform bills floating around....You can refer to some of my previous posts.....We get clubbed with the illegals and any piece of legislation that contains any amnesty for illegals would face a lot of resistance.....But there would be some relief from the retrogression in near future....

But as Mockery and ohers have been saying all along ....please concentrate on getting out of the PBEC first.....There are enough folks lobbying for visa numbers and nobody talking about PBEC at present.....We have to make more noise about the BECs otherwise PERM guys are gonna eat all available visa numbers....and we would stay stuck in PBEC....It sucks big time....

I did too

kiran00 said:
To

Dear Leticia Sierra:

I am an I.T. Professional working for a reputed organization in US on H1 Visa for last 4 ½ years in same profession. I have a Master’s of Science Degree working My Contact

Your letter also looks good. I just emailed this lady with some minor modification to the letter.

saknia said:
Since you PD i June 2002 (RIR) and they are working on VA MD & CA Cases very soon you might go to Final Review. Normally going by previous approval rates it takes 30 -40 days for approval from Final Review time

All the Best

You are wrong Saknia,
It may take anywhere between 2 to 3 months for the status change from Final review to certify.

Also add another 2 to 3 months to receive the hard copy.(2 to 3 months for the luckiest ones). For the unlucky ones only God knows.