Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

HI ,

Can you please let us know the details of how and what's the procedure to upgrade from EB3 to EB2, when will we find out that "there is not much of queries".

Thanks in advance,

GCVARUMA said:
thanks for your wishes showmestate,GC_from_NJ,SN4GC..

Answering your question as to how come I am going to file in EB2 - the case was prepared for EB3 category(as there is not much of queries) with the provision that it can be upgraded to EB2(this is what the Lawyer is saying.. I have to get more information on this to give you the right picture)

Does anyone know when PBEC is going to publish the time frame for processing LC?
And it seems like we are not getting any updates recently. Is it because of the PBEC not answering the telephones?
Good luck to you all.

PBEC Processing - QuickView

2 Regular cases got reported today. Congratulations to GCVARUMA and tickticktick! I think I should compile and update the tracker every couple of days, as the reportings have slowed down now.

It seems like BECs have stopped giving updated case status to the applicants. We need to bug our lawyers/employers more often now, if they listen. Good luck to all!

Here're the details:

Regular
GCVARUMA [PD: 21-Jan-03; CERTIFIED(1-Sept-05); State: PA; Region: 30-May-03]
tickticktick [PD: 28-Nov-01; FINAL REVIEW (~31-Aug-05); State:VA; Region: 01-Jun-04]

confused

:confused:
I am now totally confused. If I am correct, there is no EB? category @ the time of LC .. [gurus, please correct me, if i am wrong]. Then where does this upgrade comes from ?

On contrary, why should we see a EB? category in our LC application ? and I see so many messages in this chat containing EB?
h1bpro said:
HI ,

Can you please let us know the details of how and what's the procedure to upgrade from EB3 to EB2, when will we find out that "there is not much of queries".

Thanks in advance,

whenwilliget said:
I am now totally confused. If I am correct, there is no EB? category @ the time of LC .. [gurus, please correct me, if i am wrong]. Then where does this upgrade comes from ?

On contrary, why should we see a EB? category in our LC application ? and I see so many messages in this chat containing EB?

You are right there is no EB category in LC.

However, what shows up in your LC determines what EB category you will be when you reach I-140 where there are EB categories.

If your LC states in the Education and Training section "Bachelor + 5 years" or "Advanced Degree" you will most likely be EB-2, anything less would line you up for EB-3.

EB-2 is also for people of exceptional ability, Providing evidence of exceptional ability, one most commonly used is a high salary but it can also be jobs requiring licenses, certifications or documentation of recognition of achievements.

Thanks

Thanks JustWatching.

If I am correct, your 4th para is for EB-1.

Also, irrespective of what your qualification is, the EB category depends only on the Job profile @ the time LC application. For eg., I have Masters [non-US] with 15+ years of experience .. I qualify for EB-2 in all ways [both Masters with 0+ yrs or Bachelor with 5+ yrs], still my case was filed in EB3. Thats my company's general [generous ???] procedure. They file only EB3s :(

JustWatching said:

However, what shows up in your LC determines what EB category you will be when you reach I-140 where there are EB categories.

If your LC states in the Education and Training section "Bachelor + 5 years" or "Advanced Degree" you will most likely be EB-2, anything less would line you up for EB-3.

EB-2 is also for people of exceptional ability, Providing evidence of exceptional ability, one most commonly used is a high salary but it can also be jobs requiring licenses, certifications or documentation of recognition of achievements.

whenwilliget said:
Thanks JustWatching.

Also, irrespective of what your qualification is, the EB category depends only on the Job profile @ the time LC application. For eg., I have Masters [non-US] with 15+ years of experience .. I qualify for EB-2 in all ways [both Masters with 0+ yrs or Bachelor with 5+ yrs], still my case was filed in EB3. Thats my company's general [generous ???] procedure. They file only EB3s :(

No fourth paragraph is for EB-2

EXTRAORDINARY ability is EB-1, EXCEPTIONAL ability is EB-2.

The section I am referring to in the ETA form is indeed describing the job description not qualification of the employee. So your statement is correct.

Thank u for the clarification. Lets keep sailing till we see some light. ;)

JustWatching said:
No fourth paragraph is for EB-2

EXTRAORDINARY ability is EB-1, EXCEPTIONAL ability is EB-2.

The section I am referring to in the ETA form is indeed describing the job description not qualification of the employee. So your statement is correct.

Status -- Final Review

All,

Final Review status is defined like this... after your application is scrutinized by the certifying officer, it is forwarded to the director for stamping and other formalities... So essentially it is done but in the process of getting out of that nebulous environment.

also there is certified status which must have been outta PBEC

DISCLAIMER: this is just an opinion and assessment of opinion and cannot be prosecuted under any jurisdiction of law

whenwilliget said:
Thanks JustWatching.

Hi,

You may qualify for EB-2 , but the future Job needs to have the qualifications of an EB-2 guy.

SN

Look at box 14 and 15 of your lc application. Both of them togather will help the USCIS officers in I140 stage to classify your application.

whenwilliget said:

Aprlc2002: Last week you had posted words to the effect that PBEC will adjudicate all LCs till PD 06.2003 by 03.2006 - about 21 months of processing in 7 calendar months -> a quarter worth of LCs every calendar month.

Maybe they got wind of these high expectations, and with the confidence in their own sloth-like speed, decided to clamp down on all information leaks. The least they can do is to post the processing date on a website - but then the question of accountability would creep in :D

And we talk with disdain about banana republics!! Feed on the plantains while you wait in single-file. Welcome to the jungle...

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

no more phone info... it seems that all employees at PBEC were asked strictly not to give away any sort of info except for transferring into automatic system. Looks like one more door closed to the black hole....

I will keep posting as and when I know any thing new...

Got Status Check

aprlc2002 said:
All,

Final Review status is defined like this... after your application is scrutinized by the certifying officer, it is forwarded to the director for stamping and other formalities... So essentially it is done but in the process of getting out of that nebulous environment.

also there is certified status which must have been outta PBEC

DISCLAIMER: this is just an opinion and assessment of opinion and cannot be prosecuted under any jurisdiction of law

aprlc2002 and all other gurus,
Yesterday my employer got the status email from PBEC. Under the Case Information Section, Case Status column is saying "RIR". What does that mean?

Also under section "Data Review", there are columns Date Submitted which is 08/15/2005. What does this mean? And the columns Correction Letter Generated and Correction Options Returned indicate 45 day letter ?

I am not sure how long i have to wait...

Thanks for your help.

Region: CA
Category: RIR EB3
PD: Dec 2001

rxs_1234 said:
aprlc2002 and all other gurus,
Yesterday my employer got the status email from PBEC. Under the Case Information Section, Case Status column is saying "RIR". What does that mean?

Also under section "Data Review", there are columns Date Submitted which is 08/15/2005. What does this mean? And the columns Correction Letter Generated and Correction Options Returned indicate 45 day letter ?

I am not sure how long i have to wait...

Thanks for your help.

Region: CA
Category: RIR EB3
PD: Dec 2001

Please refer to FAQs , "GOD_BLESS_YOU" wrote it for some reason. I guess the reason is to stop repetative question and answers.

whenwilliget said:
LC Vandachu [ennum 140 & 485 matumey]
LC agaya [sirf 140 & 485 baki hey]
LC vannu [eni, veruthey 140 & 485]
LC Banthu [aaithu .. baki 140 & 485 ..aashtey]
LC Ochinthi [theravatha 140 & 485]
LC arrived [only 140 & 485 left]

:D
Thanks whenwilliget.. thats a good multilingual reply.. vine95050.. thanks for your wishes..

h1bpro said:
HI , Can you please let us know the details of how and what's the procedure to upgrade from EB3 to EB2, when will we find out that "there is not much of queries".
Thanks in advance,
h1bpro.. look at the replies below.. JustWatching, whenwilliget and WhyThisDelay have given the picture of how it works.. according to what my lawyers say it all depends on the Box 14 & 15 of your LC, in fact all this while I was under the assumption that it was going to be EB3.. but now the lawyer is saying that I qualify for EB2. So lets see where all this leads.

JustWatching said:

whenwilliget said:
Thanks JustWatching.

WhyThisDelay said:
Look at box 14 and 15 of your lc application. Both of them togather will help the USCIS officers in I140 stage to classify your application.

45 days letter help

My lawyer said she recieved and sent an answer to 45 days letter on 29th aug 2005 . Does the lawyer reply to 45 days letter or the employer. Can some one please help me on this issue.

New Yorkers !?!?!?!

Hi,

Has anyone from New York who has their cases sent to Philly heard anything ?

My PD is Jan 2002 and I have not received anything to date ... no 45 day letter ... nothing ... my question is does anyone know when New Yorkers will get a break ? I've seen people from other states get 45 day letters and responses from PBEC with PD Dates later than mine.

Is there any logic behind whats going on ?

Suhel said:
Hi,

Has anyone from New York who has their cases sent to Philly heard anything ?

My PD is Jan 2002 and I have not received anything to date ... no 45 day letter ... nothing ... my question is does anyone know when New Yorkers will get a break ? I've seen people from other states get 45 day letters and responses from PBEC with PD Dates later than mine.

Is there any logic behind whats going on ?

Don't get my following statement wrong in any way but if there was any logic behind the BEC we would not need this forum as much as we do ... they would simply put the current processing date on their website and be done with it ... so hang in there and your turn will come :D

USCISisMockery said:
Please refer to FAQs , "GOD_BLESS_YOU" wrote it for some reason. I guess the reason is to stop repetative question and answers.

First of all, If I am troubling my friends on this forum, i apologize for the inconvinience caused. I looked at the thread "FAQ's" and got this... So I assume in my case it is "45 day reply recieved/data entered /under process"....

What does the other dates mean that i had mentioned in my posting...

"Also under section "Data Review", there are columns Date Submitted which is 08/15/2005. What does this mean? And the columns Correction Letter Generated and Correction Options Returned indicate 45 day letter ? "

USCISisMockery : sorry that i am asking these ... Please bear with me .. this long wait of nearly four years is very frustrating and increasing the anxiety and concern that I am asking these questions.... sorry once again...

Case status for 7th year Screen shot
The process of status is in order the case goes through

1.Incomplete =45day letter not yet generated/Case not entered fully
2.Data Review =45day reply not recieved/45day reply not entered
Falls into TR/RIR Q
3.Closed or Withdrawn=45 day reply not recived/Employer closed/BEC erorneosly entered
4.RIR or TR=45 day reply recieved/data entered /under process
5.Final Review= With CO
6.Certified=Certified (May not yet mailed)

Last edited by a moderator: