Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Is there any email address for 8th year extension check?

gp111 said:
DOL Concern with Abuse of the LC Verification Procedure

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) labor certification Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) have an eMail address available for requesting a screenshot of the date a pending labor certification was filed. This system was begun so that pending labor certification cases could be confirmed to establish eligibility for H1B extensions beyond the six-year limit. The system is apparently being abused by those sending requests that are clearly unrelated to H1B extensions. This misuse is causing delays for bona fide H1B extension applicants.

The Philadelphia BEC reported in July 2005 that they are receiving eMails requesting the case confirmation screen even when the beneficiary is not in H1B status. As a result, the Philadelphia BEC may be delayed in sending the screenshots for legitimate H1B extension cases. The Philadelphia BEC has requested that the eMail address only be used to request screenshots for proof for one-year incremental H1B extensions only.

We presume that people have been utilizing this eMail address simply to verify that a case has reached the BEC. It is certainly understandable that having cases in an untraceable system creates anxiety and even distrust between employer / employee and client / attorney. There are also times when the filing date and proof of the filing date are vital. This is true in cases filed prior to April 30, 2001, for 245(i) qualification. Thus, people may be seeking the proof of filing for purposes of establishing 245(i) eligibility based upon the labor certification filing. The verification system was established, however, for the limited purpose of H1B extensions while the data is being entered into the system. This restriction should be recognized and respected to help everyone in the long run.

On a related but separate matter, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy suggest that the DOL may wish to consider permitting verification through the eMail address or another system for other genuine purposes for those who need some verification or are anxious about pending cases. Of course, after the DOL issues all the 45-day continuation letters, the need for the eMail address for H1B extensions is eliminated. The excessive demand for eMail verifications is likely delaying the issuance of the 45-day letters and case processing by the BECs, so it is best to cooperate and use the system sparingly for legitimate cases.

Hello Aprlc2002

Hello, Aprlc02,
I just recieved a mail from BEC and the Case status is showing
Case Status: Final Review

Can you tell me what does it mean.

Thanks

temp case status

Just received a reply from seventh year extension center. My temp case number is T-05223-0XXXX. There is absolutely no more detail other than PD and company name.

I think they just enter these two information based on the Mail and create a TEMP case number. I don't think they go and dig up the file from the box to veryfy.

What do you think ?
:mad:

Case Number Structure

The numbering was as per what I understood was :

X-YYDDD-nnnnn

Where :
X : Can be P, D or a T.
YY : Year of entery
DDD : Day of the year it was entered.
nnnnn : Sequence.

Does someone know when the sequence is reset ?
Potentially they can reset the sequence every day. Is that how it works ?

When the application moved from a T to a P (or a D) does the rest of the number also change ?

sk0902 said:
Just received a reply from seventh year extension center. My temp case number is T-05223-0XXXX. There is absolutely no more detail other than PD and company name.

I think they just enter these two information based on the Mail and create a TEMP case number. I don't think they go and dig up the file from the box to veryfy.

What do you think ?

Congratulation very good news

Congratulation Choclito in a week time you will be in I-140 Forum. Enjoye man, have wonderful time with Friends and Family.

Choclito said:
Hello, Aprlc02,

Thanks

orissa said:
Congratulation Choclito in a week time you will be in I-140 Forum. Enjoye man, have wonderful time with Friends and Family.

Hi Orissa,
Than you very much. :) Do you really think so ??
I tried to call the BEC to ask what does it mean but they said to ask my lawyer and my lawyer dont know.
Regards

sk0902 said:

What do you think ?

sk0902,

Would you mind sharing one more digit of your case no.?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi JustWatching,

It looks like about 37000 cases have been entered from 01-aug-05 to 11-aug-05 based on the following case nums

D05211-62***
T05223-0****

So total number of cases entered full+partial by 2 BECs = 338,000

This message is for SK0902,

Can you please provide extra digit from your case num?
Also what is your PD and from which state did you file your Labor??
Is it RIR or TR case??

Thanks in advance.

Case status from Philadelphia...

This is the reply i got from PBEC on my status. It says closed. What does that mean ? My priority date is Aug 1st 2002. It was filed from North Carolina and had finished State Labor in November 2004. Also letter from BEC had been replied on Apr 4, 2005. Also in the source column it says state rather than region. Am i missing something ? I am really tensed.

- Thanks in advance,
kcube

Talk to Attorney ASAP...

Talk to your attorney ASAP and get your case re-opened. I don't think its a big deal, since BEC's have closed the cases (their stupidity continues) inadvertently. I probably would guess that they never processed (or never received) your 45-day response appropriately, leading to your case closure.
Make sure that you send the "45-day Reply" letter and a clarification letter pointing out the mistakes. BEC data entry staff/process is a manual one, and there are a lot of mistakes. I have one of my friend whose PD was 2002, but the data entry operators made a mistake and entered it as 2001. Result - case was certified months earlier now and he is way ahead of a lot of people. He is one lucky one out of so many of us here. Anyway ...

Can you also provide all the case information so that it can be entered in the spreadsheet that our friend 'JustWatching' has - Many Thanks.

kcube06 said:
This is the reply i got from PBEC on my status. It says closed. What does that mean ? My priority date is Aug 1st 2002. It was filed from North Carolina and had finished State Labor in November 2004. Also letter from BEC had been replied on Apr 4, 2005. Also in the source column it says state rather than region. Am i missing something ? I am really tensed.

- Thanks in advance,
kcube

I wish you were right...

but this number sounds way too high, it doesn't seem to
match reality...

rirlaborCT said:
Hi JustWatching,

It looks like about 37000 cases have been entered from 01-aug-05 to 11-aug-05 based on the following case nums

D05211-62***
T05223-0****

So total number of cases entered full+partial by 2 BECs = 338,000

hi Choclito...

Choclito said:
Hello, Aprlc02,

Thanks

Hi Choclito,

The Status Final Review is another stupid status that was created by PBEC for no reason. this case status is assigned Once it is in their system and all the preliminary checks are done workflow forwards to a Certifying officer. Essentially he/she is not a contractor. He/She goes according to FIFO categorization in his workflow inbox.

So keeping all this things in mind, when he looks at your category (RIR/TR) inbox you are all set to...... :)

Good luck in weeks time

Pbec

Talked to a nice lady at PBEC and this is what she says:

- they are working hard on having all 45-day letters for all the
cases including SWAs by September
- currently they are working on generating the 45-day letters
for SWA cases for years 2001 and 2002
- she did not know to give me answers to any other question as
when they expect to be finished with 45-day letters or anything
else
- I think she was very honest and I don't think anyone else knows
more than she over there

I am sorry

AwardMyGC said:
Hi aprlc2002,

Do you have any updates from PBEC? Please keep us all posted.

Thanks

AwardMyGC

Hi,

I do not wanna post any updates as some of you are abusing me for no reason.

Should you need something may be yo ucan send me a private message if it is in my premises then I may answer that.

MDwaiter24 said:
Talked to a nice lady at PBEC and this is what she says:

- they are working hard on having all 45-day letters for all the
cases including SWAs by September
- currently they are working on generating the 45-day letters
for SWA cases for years 2001 and 2002
- she did not know to give me answers to any other question as
when they expect to be finished with 45-day letters or anything
else
- I think she was very honest and I don't think anyone else knows
more than she over there
Thank you for your info. I don't want to discredit it. But, on one hand you said "she did not know to give me answers to any other question" and on the other hand "I don't think anyone else knows more than she over there". This extra claim is simply unnecessary and sometimes annoying.

aprlc2002 said:
Hi,

Should you need something may be yo ucan send me a private message if it is in my premises then I may answer that.

No, aplc2002 we need your insight. Even though lot of us scrutinize/discuss your inputs, that doesn't mean you are criticized. Please keep on with your good work, otherwise we are completely in darkness.

aprlc2002 said:
Hi,

Man, you sounds like a little baby. I have not seen anyone "abusing" you. That's a strong word. If you don't want to post anything here, it is OK.