Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Spicensour and USmockery,

Can we have a conference call to discuss what we can do to fight? Really want to get into action.

no_light said:
congrats god_bless_you .I am happy for you.
can you please share youe case # initials ?
God Bless You - Congrats! It ust be a freaking relief to you! Good luck to. Good luck with the next stages.

I noticed that your PD was OCT 2001 - does this mean that PBEC is past the stupid April 2001 backlog?

allaboutgc -

Yes, with Dallas BEC so far ahead, and PERM moving on - by the time the rest of get our Labor's certified - I140/485 will be jammed- we are truly in a bad mess with no end in sight.

H-1B 3-Year Extension Beyond Six Years During Visa Number Unavailability

* When people talk about the H-1B extension beyond six year limit, they often call it "7th Year Extension" and extension in one-year increment pending labor certification application for 365 days. However, this one-year increment extension benefit must be sought only by those who are not eligible for extension of H-1B beyond six years in "three-year" increment.

* Three-year increment H-1B extension is available to those (1) whose I-140 petition has been approved but who cannot complete the green card process (2) because of the visa number unavailability. The thresholds for the three-year increment H-1B extension are two-folds: (1) Visa Number is Not Available for Him in the Visa Bulletin, and (2) I-140 immigrant petition has been approved. Accordingly, those EB-3 applicants who have received I-140 petitions are eligible for the three-year extension now since currently no EB-3 visa number is available for anyone. Currently, I-140 approval takes a short time, CSC and TSC processing I-140 petitions with the Receipt Date of May 2005, and VSC processing I-140 petitions with the Receipt Date of March 2005. Seeking 3-year extension as opposed to one-year extension will save oneself from lots of hastles and expenses which are involved in H-1B extension filing.

source: immigration-law

Final Review

Hello, my friends,
I just recieved a mail from BEC and the Case status is showing
Case Status: Final Review

Can someone tell me what does it mean.

Thanks

foret1 said:
very happy for GOD_BLESS_YOU! you have been so active and helpful to many in this forum! good luck with the next steps!

Hi Foret1
Why don't you check your status once again?. Your last status was "Final Review". Status might have changed to "Certified" by now. Why don't you try?

Choclito said:
Hello, my friends,

Thanks

Its one step ahead of "Certified" status. Check back after 2 weeks. I am sure your status would be changed to "Certified".

whatheheck said:
Hi Foret1
Why don't you check your status once again?. Your last status was "Final Review". Status might have changed to "Certified" by now. Why don't you try?

My 2 cents folks

Think about this. There are genuine guys out there who require a screen shot for their 7th, 8th, ... year H1-B extension. We know the status as we have the screen shot and approximately know that in 2 weeks it is going to move to another status.

I leave it to you guys to make a good decision if we need to flood the BEC with multiple requests which will warrant action from the BEC folks.

Lets try not to undermine the need of the required folks. Think of the poor souls before we take action - THIS APPLIES TO ME TOO.

nisra

Choclito said:
Hello, my friends,

Thanks

Hi Choclito,
Good luck and I hope it works out. Had a quick question.. Did you email them and then they emailed you back ? I wanted to know the status of my application .. is there anyway I can do this?

I am just suggesting and not enforcing.

nisra said:
My 2 cents folks

Think about this. There are genuine guys out there who require a screen shot for their 7th, 8th, ... year H1-B extension. We know the status as we have the screen shot and approximately know that in 2 weeks it is going to move to another status.

I leave it to you guys to make a good decision if we need to flood the BEC with multiple requests which will warrant action from the BEC folks.

Lets try not to undermine the need of the required folks. Think of the poor souls before we take action - THIS APPLIES TO ME TOO.

nisra

Nisra,
I do understand your concern. But this is another fu*** excuse by these freaky Philly assholes. I don't buy this anymore. Every SHIT is an excuse for those bas*****.

Your advice is applicable for those who applied their LC in late 2004 or 2005. People like me whose LC is pending for ~4 yrs, i would suggest them to check their status by so called "abusing this system".

This is a right time for Philly BEC to show results and not excuses.

whatheheck said:
Nisra,
I do understand your concern. But this is another fu*** excuse by these freaky Philly assholes. I don't buy this anymore. Every SHIT is an excuse for those bas*****.

Your advice is applicable for those who applied their LC in late 2004 or 2005. People like me whose LC is pending for ~4 yrs, i would suggest them to check their status by so called "abusing this system".

My PD is 01/03 and I am thinking of waiting as suggested by other friends on the forum...

Its your call friend...Just wanted to bring to all you guys notice...

nisra

gcmail said:
Yes, with Dallas BEC so far ahead, and PERM moving on - by the time the rest of get our Labor's certified - I140/485 will be jammed- we are truly in a bad mess with no end in sight.
Well, it depends. If you can have your LC certified and file concurrent I140/I485, it does not matter that much when LC is approved. If EB2 and EB3 retrogress, it can be a good thing to LC with old PD.

How long it might take

Hi Guys,

Congrats GOD_BLESS_YOU and all the best for the rest of the process.

Finally we are seeing some approvals from PBEC.

As we started getting some approvals from PBEC, can someone estimate how long it might take before I can see something ?

My cases details:

ETA: P-05032-47***
PD: NOV 15, 2001
RIR
State: NY
Received and replied 45 days in March

Thanks and Happy Independence day to all Indians.

ariesny1 said:
Hi Guys,

As we started getting some approvals from PBEC, can someone estimate how long it might take before I can see something ?

My cases details:

RIR

Again, this is statistic 101. We are a small group and making projection wouldn t make any sense just because there are so few approvals so far.
You should wait until the flow of approval become more constant to get an estimate.

ariesny1 said:
Hi Guys,

My cases details:

RIR

We don't have enough SWA cases yet to conclude that they started working on applications received from SWA.

I stopped predicting since I realized these f*****s comes up with lame excuses every time. Now their system is over burdened by status check email. Then why in the f*******g world they not make whole process transparent. This is so hilarious. They could easily have automated response system.

I hate when someone sympathizes with DOL and tries to justify DOL's stupid excuses.

DOL Concern with Abuse of the LC Verification Procedure

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) labor certification Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) have an eMail address available for requesting a screenshot of the date a pending labor certification was filed. This system was begun so that pending labor certification cases could be confirmed to establish eligibility for H1B extensions beyond the six-year limit. The system is apparently being abused by those sending requests that are clearly unrelated to H1B extensions. This misuse is causing delays for bona fide H1B extension applicants.

The Philadelphia BEC reported in July 2005 that they are receiving eMails requesting the case confirmation screen even when the beneficiary is not in H1B status. As a result, the Philadelphia BEC may be delayed in sending the screenshots for legitimate H1B extension cases. The Philadelphia BEC has requested that the eMail address only be used to request screenshots for proof for one-year incremental H1B extensions only.

We presume that people have been utilizing this eMail address simply to verify that a case has reached the BEC. It is certainly understandable that having cases in an untraceable system creates anxiety and even distrust between employer / employee and client / attorney. There are also times when the filing date and proof of the filing date are vital. This is true in cases filed prior to April 30, 2001, for 245(i) qualification. Thus, people may be seeking the proof of filing for purposes of establishing 245(i) eligibility based upon the labor certification filing. The verification system was established, however, for the limited purpose of H1B extensions while the data is being entered into the system. This restriction should be recognized and respected to help everyone in the long run.

On a related but separate matter, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy suggest that the DOL may wish to consider permitting verification through the eMail address or another system for other genuine purposes for those who need some verification or are anxious about pending cases. Of course, after the DOL issues all the 45-day continuation letters, the need for the eMail address for H1B extensions is eliminated. The excessive demand for eMail verifications is likely delaying the issuance of the 45-day letters and case processing by the BECs, so it is best to cooperate and use the system sparingly for legitimate cases.

Otherway round

gp111 said:
DOL Concern with Abuse of the LC Verification Procedure

so it is best to cooperate and use the system sparingly for legitimate cases.

Its DOL that is abusing, mistreating, disrespecting every immigrant. Not us. Does anyone concern our agony?

Now i would suggest everyone to send a status enquiry email. This will make them understand how desperate, eager everyone is.