Petition for Parents I-130 vs Concurrent filling

Mmagz

Hello All,

Came across this forum and hoping to get some guidance. I'm a US Citizen filling I-130 for my parents and have the following questions:

- Concurrent filing: They are currently living abroad, and I would like to get some clarification if I'm eligible to file both I-130 and I-485 for them together? Or do I to wait until the I-130 is approved before starting the green card (I-485) application process?

- Secondly, do I have pay a separate fee for I-130 & I-485 (If I'm eligible for concurrent filling)? or the fee paid with I-485 will cover both applications (485 + 130)?

- In case of I-130 filling only, what type of documents I have to submit along with the application and can I send both applications together (of course paying application fees for each) or they both need to be mailed totally separate?

Will highly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you in advance

If you parents are currently residing abroad, you don’t have the option of concurrent filing as they’re not eligible to process AOS, they will be going through the CP route. There’s no I-485 involved, only the I-130.

Go through the I-130 Instructions for information on what you need to include with it.

Thank you for your prompt response!

Another question: Part 5
If you are also submitting separate petitions for other relatives, provide the names of and your relationship to each relative.
Relative 1 -

Do I have to enter my Mother info on my father's I-130 application and vice versa?

Thanks again.

Thank you for your prompt response!

Another question: Part 5
If you are also submitting separate petitions for other relatives, provide the names of and your relationship to each relative.
Relative 1 -

Do I have to enter my Mother info on my father's I-130 application and vice versa?

Thanks again.
yes

Stuck on I-130 Part 4,
Information about Beneficiary (Provide information about the beneficiary’s spouse and children)
25a Person 1 - Do I have to enter Spouse name again even though it’s stated under Spouse 1 section?

Thanks!

Stuck on I-130 Part 4,
Information about Beneficiary (Provide information about the beneficiary’s spouse and children)
25a Person 1 - Do I have to enter Spouse name again even though it’s stated under Spouse 1 section?

Thanks!
yes