Petition for I-140 Backlog for CSC. Please join

askgc, Peddy told me that she doesn't have any more information to tell me except the letter sent to CSC last week. I think we should get people continue to fax letters to Eshoo, while waiting for the CSC to respond. I don't think Peddy will be able to tell us more if we stop by her office.

We should continue to follow up with Eshoo and MH's offices.

I140inCA said:
it must be a mistake. i think they posted the same dates for EB2 and 3 by mistake.

Yeah could be, its pretty dumb for them to put the report without double checking the stuff and it wont get corrected till the next one... but if its right that its a big surprise... they have moved just 8 days of EB3 in 2 months

hello all, let's keep our actions up! I haven't received any response from those emails/mails/faxes I sent to the senators except a letter from Eshoo. :(

Does anyone have had any response?

I've attached two letters I used to mail to CSC and USCIS directors.

Sent Saturday

whorl1quote said:
hello all, let's keep our actions up! I haven't received any response from those emails/mails/faxes I sent to the senators except a letter from Eshoo. :(

Does anyone have had any response?

I've attached two letters I used to mail to CSC and USCIS directors.

I have sent similar mail to Don Nuefeld yesterday. I have also sent another mail
to Mr Prakash Khatri requesting about my personal case and also about AC 21
effect.

By the way, can you correct the doc for Don Nuefeld to remove contact CSC and request Mr Don Nuefeld ... and repost it here.

Response from Senator Dianne Feinstein's office

Hi all,

I got the (generic) response from Senator Dianne Feinstein's office. She introduced the legislation for USCIS "to issue a report to Congress on the extent of the immigration and naturalization backlogs and the adequacy of the agency's automated systems to manage and reduce its pending workload". However, "BCIS has not issued an update to its efforts to reduce processing delays".

Draft for MH townhall meeting (generic one)

mmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd, Arlington VA 22205

Re: Public Law 106-313, Section 106 (j) relief removed due to USCIS interpretation.

Dear Congressman Michael Honda,

First of all we want to thank you for your support to the legal immigrants, who are contributing a lot to the economy of the United States, by co-sponsoring the HRES 384 IH and joining members of Congress to Address Immigration Petition Backlog. We are very happy to say that due to efforts of you and fellow congresspersons there has been enormous improvement in USCIS processing for I-485, Adjustment of Status cases.

We are writing to you regarding the USCIS memo dated May 04 2004, which invalidates the relief given by PL 106-313 (AC 21 Law) and unreasonable delays, process in adjudication of the Employment-Based I-140 cases.

As per new USCIS memo of concurrent filing for I-140 and I-485, the cases will be adjudicated concurrently. if I-140 is filed concurrently with I-485 then I-140 will not be processed till the I-485 is ready to be adjudicated. Also note that USCIS interpretation of AC 21 law is that employees cannot use AC 21 law until I-140 is adjudicated. Since I-485 is taking anywhere between 24 - 36 months to process in most of the service centers, not adjudicating I-140 before hand will not allow employees to use AC 21 law, Section 106 (j) which gave job flexibility to the employees.

According to CSC’s progress report, CSC is adjudicating the I-140 cases filed before July 2003. Also USCIS has not shown any progress for some of the I-140 cases since August 2003. According to VSC’s progress report, VSC is adjudicating the I-140 cases (EB3) filed in April 2004. This is despite the fact that approximately 50% of the cases filed in prior months (some as early as August 2003) are still pending.

In almost all Service Centers it is very frustrating to see approvals happening for some cases filed as late as April, May, June and even July 2004, even though cases filed several months prior to the current processing date have not even been touched in the last 6 months.

Even though the USCIS is a government agency, it should never be above the law. Thus, we as immigration portal community request you to enforce legislations passed by members of the Congress and hold the USCIS to higher standards of service. As a member of congress we believe you will take appropriate actions. We request you to raise this problem with congress, USCIS and provide us the employee’s relief by allowing us to change jobs after 180 days has passed by after filing I-140 and I-1485 concurrently, irrespective of I-140 status. It will provide a required relief to a lot of people who have been waiting so long for their approval.

In summary, we would like to request your help to 1) correct the USCIS to give relief granted in AC 21 law; 2) contact the USCIS and express frustrations with the I-140 processing; and 3) request Mr. Aguirre to move some reasonable number of adjudicators to I-140 unit from other units such as I-485 where there has been significant improvement recently.

Sincerely,

Name
I-140 Case #
Address
E-Mail: -

Alternative one to fit in 1 page.

ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd, Arlington VA 22205

Re: Public Law 106-313, Section 106 (j) relief removed by USCIS.

Dear Congressman Michael Honda,

First of all we want to thank you for your support to the legal immigrants, who are contributing a lot to the economy of the United States, by co-sponsoring the HRES 384 IH and joining members of Congress to Address Immigration Petition Backlog. We are very happy to say that due to efforts of you and fellow congresspersons there has been enormous improvement in USCIS processing for I-485, Adjustment of Status cases. We are writing to you regarding the USCIS memo dated May 04 2004, which invalidates the relief given by PL 106-313 (AC 21 Law) and unreasonable delays, process in adjudication of the EB I-140 cases.

As per new USCIS memo of concurrent filing for I-140 and I-485, the cases will be adjudicated concurrently. if I-140 is filed concurrently with I-485 then I-140 will not be processed till the I-485 is ready to be adjudicated. Also note that USCIS interpretation of AC 21 law is that employees cannot use AC 21 law until I-140 is adjudicated. Since I-485 is taking anywhere between 24 - 36 months to process in most of the service centers, not adjudicating I-140 before will not allow employees to use AC 21 law, Section 106 (j) which gave job flexibility to the employees.

According to CSC’s progress report, CSC is adjudicating the I-140 cases filed before July 2003. Also USCIS has not shown any progress for some of the I-140 cases since August 2003. According to VSC’s progress report, VSC is adjudicating the I-140 cases (EB3) filed in April 2004. This is despite the fact that approximately 50% of the cases filed in prior months (some as early as August 2003) are still pending. In almost all Service Centers it is very frustrating to see approvals happening for some cases filed as late as April, through July 2004, even though cases filed several months prior to the current processing date are still pending.

Thus, we as immigration portal community request you to enforce legislations passed by members of the Congress. As a member of congress we believe you will take appropriate actions. We request you to raise this problem with congress, USCIS and provide us the employee’s relief by allowing us to change jobs after 180 days has passed by after filing I-140 and I-1485 concurrently, irrespective of I-140 status. It will provide a required relief to a lot of people who have been waiting without hope.

In summary, we would like to request your help to 1) correct the USCIS to give relief granted in AC 21 law; 2) contact the USCIS and express frustrations with the I-140 processing; and 3) request Mr. Aguirre to allocate some reasonable number of adjudicators to I-140 unit.

Sincerely,

Name
i-140 case #
Address
E-mail: -

Please come for the meeting

Hi guys,

No matter which district you are in, it is no harm in coming and attending the meeting if you can. I am bringing few printouts without any name, case# and address details so that you guys can write and fill then and there.

Please make it to the event. I have got good reception from MH office in my last visit. Lets work together and help ourself.

Me too

PhDchemist said:
Hi all,

I got the (generic) response from Senator Dianne Feinstein's office. She introduced the legislation for USCIS "to issue a report to Congress on the extent of the immigration and naturalization backlogs and the adequacy of the agency's automated systems to manage and reduce its pending workload". However, "BCIS has not issued an update to its efforts to reduce processing delays".

I got the very same message from her. I can modify the first paragraph of MH
doc and we can send it to her. If somebody wants to do that also i welcome.
Looks like she only has introduced the AC 21 law as its one of the sections
say about USCIS should give regular report (atleast that section). I guess we
should continue our activity. I got a phone number of DC I will check out if it
is fax number or phone number from her site and may be try to call / fax their
office.

askgc,

what does the following thing mean?

By the way, can you correct the doc for Don Nuefeld to remove contact CSC and request Mr Don Nuefeld ... and repost it here.

whorl1quote said:
askgc,

what does the following thing mean?

http://www.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8492
The above doc is addressed to Mr Don Nuefeld himself and in the document, the
last para says contact USCIS CSC director (Don Nuefeld himself is the CSC
director) ..., also request Don Nuefeld. Remember we are here writing to Don
Nuefeld himself.

Hope this helps, if not remember me when we meet today at MH meeting.
I will explain to you.