Petition for H4 refusal

kkprasadh

Registered Users (C)
AFAIK, Now there are more than 1000 cases got query (221g) for their dependents (H4) visa and needless to say it is tough to get seperated during your initial days of marriage.

Is there any way the moderators of this forum can make a petition and involve/sign all those who suffer together and bring it to the respective authorities notice for some kind of favourable action.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks in Advance.
Prasadh

you can write a letter to the department of state which oversees US consulate. Please post 221(g) case summary in this thread :
consulate pending, marriage date, visa application date, RFE received date, what documents were asked for and approval date if any.

Based on the responses, I can draft a petition for your perusal and then we can send it to DOS and if there is a single or few consulates, we can send our petition to the concerned consular head.

pending for 4 months

thanx jaxen for your immediate response, here is my details.

CONSULATE : CHENNAI
MARRIAGE DATE : MAY 26, 2003
VISA APP. DATE : JUNE 30, 2003

RFE RECD DATE : JULY 14, 2003 (1)
DOCUMENTS REQ: W2, PAYSTUBS, CLIENT DETAILS, US PHOTOS
DOC. SUBMITTED: JULY 30, 2003

RFE RECD DATE : AUG 09, 2003 (2)
DOCUMENTS REQ: STATUS INVALID, SEND PROOF OF STATUS

LETTER FROM ATTORNEY AND EMPLOYER WITH OTHER DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED ON AUGUST 20TH, STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM CONSULATE.

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks
Prasadh

Thanks Jaxen.

RFE RECD DATE : JULY 24, 2003
DOCUMENTS REQ: W2, PAYSTUBS
DOC. SUBMITTED: Aug 29, 2003

STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM CONSULATE.

NOV 2003: My Wife visa is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are still couple people i know .. Where their passports held by chennai consulate and suffering with this strategy.. I will inform them to post here ..
Thanks for your support jaxen..
Kishuibm

Originally posted by rajkiran1975
Thanks Jaxen.

MARRIAGE DATE : Jun 23, 2003
VISA APP. DATE : Jul 24, 2003

RFE RECD DATE : JULY 24, 2003
DOCUMENTS REQ: W2, PAYSTUBS
DOC. SUBMITTED: Aug 29, 2003

For twin kids H4 visa of age 6 months

VISA APP. DATE : Jul 8, 2003 (1st)
DOCUMENTS REQ: W2, PAYSTUBS, I-129

VISA APP. DATE : Jul 20, 2003 (2nd )
Above docs submitted. 221 (g)refused and asked to explain status.

VISA APP. DATE : Sep 22, 2003 (3rd )
Applied with status explanation letter from Attorney

My H1 stamping

Please advise.
I submitted my H1 revalidation application at chennai consulate.

Date of submission : Sep 08 2003
Returned back requesting additional docs : sep 10
(requested for W2 for 3 years, paystubs and federal tax returns)

Date of resubmission : sep 19 2003

No response so far.
Only status is "the case is under process"

In my case I have worked for a single company in four years on H1. I was not on bench and I was paid more than the amount specified on LCA in all years. In all 4 years, my W2 is more LCA by 7% to 10%.

Please advise about the time frames and other additional documents that I might have to get ready for.

Thanks for the help.
USA2003
------------------------------
I got the Visa stamped on Dec 31 st and back in USA.
Sorry guys for the late reply.

H4 visa section 221(g)

Thanks Jaxen

MARRIAGE DATE: 29th Nov, 2002
VISA APP. DATE : 21st Aug, 2003 (1st)
RFE RCVD DATE: 21st Aug, 2003

Received 221 (g), asked to explain status.

All Documents submitted once again on 6th Nov, 2003.

Regards,
siva.

My wife got her visa today finally.

She attended interview at the consulate, after more than 6 hours of wait she was told 'We will give you the visa', she should get the passport in 2 days.

I know Raj who has also posted above got the visa too, so chennai consulate is clearing 221g cases now i think.

Prasadh

For me, it is different H1, I applied initially with Employer A and joined with Employer B during this period, Consulate asked me to submit the new H1B.

But I don't think it will make a difference, because Raj got the visa with the same employer.

H4 Visa refused

Here are the details about my wife's H4:

June 14, 2003-- Applied through drop box

Got Query under 221g

Mean time I got H1B from another Company. We didn't replied to the query instead aplied on New company, attended personal interview, This was August 22nd 2003.

We got query again saying during Next twelve months where would I work and who will be the client.

I do have the difference in labor and W2 but they never asked
me any explaination on that. Also they asked her for my paychecks and W2's when she attended personally, we submitted all the paychecks and w2.

So I took a letter from my employer and send it again, in September 2nd week.

Since then we were waiting for the visa...
then yesterday she got the empty passport by mail. They
didn't gave us any info or letter why the visa is not issued.
They didn't send any of my documents back except passport, Marriage certificate and Marriage photos and DD's.

I don't know what to do now.

Please give me some advise here .

hi prakash,

i too was in the same boat, i got the visa 15 days back for the new H1B, i would suggest you to do the following,

call up DOS here
phone number is 2026631225 - press 1 then 0

give your wife passport details to the lady and ask her what is the visa status, she can see the notes entered by chennai people and give you the details why your passport is sent back.

also ask your wife to call up chennai consulate (number will be there in the web site ) and find out the reason for the passport being sent back, also you can send a mail to ChennaiNIV@state.gov and copy to ChennaiAF@state.gov
and find out the status.

believe me, chennai consulate people are not so smart like we expect, they make lot of mistakes, they issued me the visa first time for the old H1B which expired 3 months back, means visa issue date says 17-DEC-2003 and visa expiry date says 15-OCT-2003.

Prasadh

H4 Visa

Prasad,
I called State Department last week, they are saying " the case is still under processing". I mailed chennai consulate too
first they relpied me with " still under processing" then again I mailed them back explaining my situation again. Then they replied "Please wait until we contact you". Still trying to find out why they sent back the passport though.

Thanks for your reply.

Appreciate your advise !

--Prakash.

I think, apart from I 485 Litigation and other stuff, other important aspect is H4 Dependent Visa, I assume, by refusing Visa to the dependents, or by delaying it, the governament is forcing the person to reconsider the decision to be immigrant to this country. I think this is unwritten law.
and especially when it comes to minor kids, by not issuing visa when both the parents are in USA, it is a crime aginst the child

I Hope and Rajiv Khanna others will look into the matter
Thanks