Petition for better phone service

dengdeng

Registered Users (C)
I called customer service today, they are so so so
stupid and ignorant. They told me the current processing time is 19 months, and asked me to call by the end of this month. So now they don't calculate 19 months from your RD, but from end of your month. The stupid woman even said did you get an approval? Nonsense, if I did, why call you. Then she said you'll get an interview(without knowing my EAC at all). I said what! Then she asked me for EAC number and after 5 minutes of trying, she said she can't check it from website(so BCIS block them for too many inquiries too). I said don't bother, I know what says on internet. She then said 19 months processing time, call on 7/31.

This is the worst customer service I've ever known. I can't bear it anymore. I would write to Rajiv today asking for lawyers to push this service to improve.

They should give us such information
1) What stage the case is( waiting, assigned to officer, waiting for name check)
2) If name check has passed

Before you can obtain such information, now you get nothing but more pain from calling. And even if they inquire for you, it's nothing but piece of
junk paper.

We must do something to let them improve the service. Right now, if your case has not been approved in the first month they start to work on your RD month, then you're in a black hole of constant waiting.

Agreed dude. Let us file a petition and request Rajiv(a great soul) to do the needful. This is indeed frustrating, for people waiting and not knowing anything. These fellows simply do not understand the pain we are enduring.

-sai

sai ... not that they don't understand, they just don't care!
I guess the 800 number was created as part of the bigger plot to slow down immigrations.

But if we don't do anything, they think we are satisfied. If we keep complaining, then they have to take some actions.

I'm sure everyone in this forum will suport this since no one seem to enjoy this NCSC service.

On the lighter side,
If we trouble BCIS to improve customer service then they might open various call centers in Asian countries and still we get the same reply. Atleast we'll be happy that we forced them to outsource the customer service centers!!!!!!!!!!!

Dengdeng , you are absolutely right. I have had the similar experience with BCIS 800#. We must try to do something. It will be great if Mr Rajiv Khanna can help us to file the petition for better BCIS customer service.

skaus2001
FP1 02/13/2002
FP2 06/14/2003
No RFE
AD ?????

I've already wrote Rajiv a letter. You can do same thing. The more people require this, the more likely he will push for us.

dengdeng is right

We definately need a good customer service for this kind of critical process not just a one like this.I understand the dengdeng's pain.I totally agree with you guys.

Don't forget that customer service representatives are really helpful to read the status for us which is available online since most of us don't know to read English!!!!!!!!!!!

If BCIS can spend money just for reading service then why not shut down this service and spend that money for recruiting new adjudicating officer or to train the existing adjudicating officer to reduce the backlogs!!!!!!!!

800# officers are lack of basic immigration knowledge. When I told them I'm calling regarding to pending I-485 case, then they said: "What's your green card number?" :confused:

What a joke and waste of tax $$$

Show support for this thread and petition

Hiya all

Yeah agreed, the phone service sucks, and has gone from bad to worse. Earlier atleast after 1,000,000 redials you were able to speak toan "intelligent" person who could really tell you something about your case. But now it's gone to the dawgs.

I would whole heartedly support a petition to BCIS to improve their Customer Service, provide more training to their support staff, and give them tools/means to get more details on a case, not just the online check which is available to the world.

Friends, post your opinion to this thread as well, so that this comes to Mr. Rajiv Khanna's attention.

Desperado!!

different opinion

Why do we petition BCIS to improve "customer service"? They don't treat us as their customers at all, though their pockets are funded by our application fees. To improve the telephone service will further delay I-485 process (at least one more excuse for their delay)

I would suggest that they improve on line status (and eliminate the national service center completely). In additional the current standard messages they should add:
"On xx/xx/3003 Your case has been assigned to an officer. It'll take xx days… ";
"Your case is under security check. We send the request to FBI on xx/xx/3003. You expect…";
"On xx/xx/3003, we send a request to NVC of DOS to request your I-140 file back since we made a stupid mistake to approve your I-140 for CP even though you clearly marked 'you are in US and will apply AOS' ….. It'll take 60 years for our request to reach NVC and another 60 years for them to rely… "
"On xx/xx/3003, we send you the 3rd notice for finger printing due to our inability to process your case before your 2nd FP expires, as our new DHS is still enjoying the status of being in the spot light.."
"We apologize for the delay of your case. We are government! What you expect? We appreciate your patience and ability to endure the seemingly endless pain in the ass."

You may have better suggestions for additional messages.

Good luck.

They won't disclose such information online.

Please sign the survey, I signed twice. Rating

At least they should open a line for Lawyers to get hold of VSC.

wish

Its a good idea but seems no action would be taken by BCIS.
A customer rep attending to phone calls has the same information about your case as you have. There is nothing new the rep knows what you do not know.
It would be much better and convenient for us and BCIS also, if the BCIS website could add this facility:
When someone checks his/her case status, may have the name of the particular processing officer and his phone number with extension displayed so that he/her can call him directly since the officer will have the file in front of him and can give a better opinion/view and information which a person is curiously looking for. This way that particular officer will only be dealing with cases assigned to him and will not get bothered by the unwanted phone calls.
From BCIS point of view- By law should not allow the same person to call for more than twice a month so that the processing officer will not be bothered by the same person again and again.
These things will be more useful for us intead of teaching the customer guys a better way to read our case status which we already see 100 times a day.
At the most what will happen if Rajiv Khanna takes up this petition of better cust. service--- after 6 months of time and efforts, there will be memo circulated in BCIS to be more polite, couple of additional classes for them to have more knowledge of I-140, 485 etc and that's it and finally back to square one.
Net results: STILL NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO IMMIGRANTS ON THEIR STATUS'S.

your suggestion is too ideal. They won't answer your phone calls. They are all mighty officers.
you can only talk to low level rats, who is paid no higher than 20k.

Hey, Rajiv replied my email. He's asking his assistant Monica to write the petition for us!

Monica, put up a petition stating as follows:

"We are writing to protest the sharp deterioration in service because of BCIS National Status check phone numbers being centralized. Attached are personal experiences of some of our members. This is merely a sample and in no way an exhaustive list of problems created
by this "innovation." Please restore the previous practice of direct access to legacy INS Service Centers and other operations centers.
Uncertain and inappropriate information creates tremendous anxiety for us. We respectfully seek your help in this most urgent problem.

Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna, PC
On Behalf of Complainants."

Make sure we make the petition conspicuous for all to sign.

when this petition comes out, please sign it with your own story. Thanks