Personal checks for payment N400

quick_check

Registered Users (C)
Can I use a personal check with my name on it to pay for my wife's N400 fee?

Can the address on the check be my old one?

Thanks

As Bob said, cross out the old address, you don't want them sending your receipt back to the old address.- :D

Personal check is usually more helpful than a money order. You will get the check back after it clears, and it will have your case number on the back. If you are lucky you can check your case status online using that number.

There is no need to cross out the old address; I speak from experience. I paid my N-400 fees this way and did not have any problem with it. USCIS doesn't care for the address printed on the check.

There is no need to cross out the old address; I speak from experience. I paid my N-400 fees this way and did not have any problem with it. USCIS doesn't care for the address printed on the check.

Right, it is not required, but you might get a lazy person who is processing the paperwork, and might enter your address in their system by looking at the check instead of looking in the paperwork.

Quick it does not matter at all. Just feel free to use it without modifying anything. Just be sure the 1) date 2) payee line 3) written amount 4) signature is correct and you are good 2 go