Permant Residence approved but still waiting for the GC!!

RAsylee

Registered Users (C)
I am curious to how many of us are still waiting for the GC after visiting the INS/D"HS, submitting the FP and having either passport stamped or receiving the White Card.

I was approved early Nov 2003, I went to the office the very next day after I received the letter and I was processed which included:

submitted the pictures
surrendered the I-94
FP for index finger
Processed for the White Card as I do not have a valid passport

To day still waiting almost 9 months have passed now .... Someone in this forum had shared calling the National Support Center toll free number so I did place a call with them last Friday .... I am curious from what people's personal experience here is the maxim wait for the physical card to arrive...

Regards,

RAsylee, I know a friend of mine, has the exact same case. he was approved in November and got his white card. until now nothing. what if one's white card expires and still hasn't receive the GC yet, what should he do?

thanks

RAsylee said:
I am curious to how many of us are still waiting for the GC after visiting the INS/D"HS, submitting the FP and having either passport stamped or receiving the White Card.

I was approved early Nov 2003, I went to the office the very next day after I received the letter and I was processed which included:

submitted the pictures
surrendered the I-94
FP for index finger

To day still waiting almost 9 months have passed now .... Someone in this forum had shared calling the National Support Center toll free number so I did place a call with them last Friday .... I am curious from what people's personal experience here is the maxim wait for the physical card to arrive...

Regards,

I was stamped on 11/16/2003. At that time the officer says it will take 9 months for the card to be processed. So Monday was 9 months excatly. Still no card.

About 2 weeks ago I called the 800 # and explained. 2 weeks later I get a letter from Nebraska Service Center telling me that normally GC are taking between 12-18 months, and they have no record of my I-89 and I need to go back to the local office and do it. I just went through the roof.

Went to my local office (San Francisco) sometime in the afternoon, only to be told that they are no longer giving ticket numbers for the day and I have to come back in the morning. I argued with the woman and demanded i speak with her supervisor. She kept telling me that all they need to do is check in their computer to make sure they have my I-89. And I was like well why don't you take my A # and o go over there and have someone check it. It does not take that much time, because I refuse to come and wait in line for 2 hours or so to get in and then wait anther 2 hours to see someone. i do have a life. She kept on saying that the have to check in 4 computers and that probably my file is locked somewhere in security in transit to Nebraska, and that they are backlogged so that's why i was told that by Nebraska that they have no record. So I stormed out.

I wrote a letter addressed to the District Director of CIS of San Francisco, explained what happened and enclosed a copy of the letter from Nebraska. Well today is 2 weeks since I did that and have not heard a response back.

I had my white card on April 27 04, and the funny thing is that the lady who took my FP told me that within 1 month i would get my GC, but of course nothing yet,
I do know a friend however who got the GC within 1 month, based on marriage.

Rasylee,

They are extremely inefficient with this (and almost everything else). We have people who have been waiting for 18 months.

Nine months are more than adequate time for them to print a plastic card. I would pester them from different angles. In most cases the best way to get results is to write your Member of Congress.

The positive news is that the delay has no impact on the effective date of your adjustment.

I hope everything is going OK for you.

RAsylee said:

submitted the pictures
surrendered the I-94
FP for index finger

Regards,

The white card is valid for one year.

And to answer the question asked by cider_or - if the white card expires, you just go back and get a new one issued from your local INS office. I would suggest one does this a few days before their white card expires.

When I went to get my white card, I was told it takes 6months to 1 year to receive the plastic GC. I got my card in exactly 7 months.

Gilbert,

Nice to hear from you. All is well here. I did place a call to the service center and I do not have any high hopes. I would like to receive some response from Nebraska and then contact the local senator....but yep I know it is good that it does not have any impact on adjustment but I am sure all of us will prefer to have that physical plastic card instead of the white card with smudging stamp on it ... :)

I will post any progress in this regard to the forum ...

Regards,

I have a question for everyone. Why, some applicants get plastic card, and some get letter to pay a visit to get stamped?
I know someone few years ago, who applied together, one of them get a plastic card, and the other one white card, and it took him around six months to get plastic.
Is the quota of 10,000 is finish for 2004, and they are waiting for new quota.
Secondly, I was under the impression that they will start processing cases after 11/16 in August or Sep? any comments?

it depends on the service center , but waiting a year its average

good luck

sometimes they get sent by nebraska ( where all the asylum stuff is going on and sometimes by your service center) from what i hear vermont is the fastest ... but who knows ... dont worry that much ur a permanent resident now , enjoy ur freedom

I had updated the group that I had called the toll free number to find out why I have not received the actual card... Here is the update on the case status website:

--
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 20, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

---

I guess next week I will be getting some generic response....I will post it here once I have it ...

Regards,

RAsylee said:
I had updated the group that I had called the toll free number to find out why I have not received the actual card... Here is the update on the case status website:

--
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 20, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

---

I guess next week I will be getting some generic response....I will post it here once I have it ...

Regards,

Per my earlier post above, I did call the 800 # and did receive a letter from NSC, but my case status was not updated like yours. Very strange.

Kamboi,

Updating the website info does not happen on consistent basis. I know someone who has received the notice for FP but his online status does not reflect that. My brother received a notice for FP but his online status was updated with that information. Execution of whatever processes they have at USCIS/INS is not consistent....

Regards,

Maybe I should have started this thread earlier..... I just checked the website and here it says...

On August 23, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I will update the forum when I receive the card......

Regards,

RAsylee said:
Maybe I should have started this thread earlier..... I just checked the website and here it says...

On August 23, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I will update the forum when I receive the card......

Regards,

congrats. your card is on it's way. since we had the same stamp time of 11/2003 hopefully mine will change soon. I keep waiting.

Hey RAsylee,
Congrats,
before getting this message " the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card....." did the previous message was " We ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready...
If so, how much time did you have to wait to see the new message
Thanks for your relpy.