• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Permanent Address in US

Algerian2dz

Hello,
I send my DS-230 and DS-122 to KCC and they received them but after more then one month they send me the page 1 of my DS-230 where they asked me to fill the question 10 and 11:

10: Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live, if
known (street address including zip code). Include the name of a
person who currently lives there.

11: Address in the United States where you want your Permanent
Resident Card (Green Card) mailed, if different from address in
item #10 (include the name of a person who currently lives there).

My question is that in this forum, I think that there is somewhere a remark that these questions (10 and 11) are not mondatory for this stage but it will be filled at the moment of interview, what do you think about this ?

Thanks a lot.

Do as KCC said. Find someone in the US who will be happy to give you his/her address and name to fill those parts/questions.
Good luck

I did it, the address is in NYC but I am just asking why they did it at this time if it is usually done during the interview.

Is there any preference for destinations ? I mean that if my destination city (NYC) can be a problem (if Diversity lottery is looking for people who will go to small cities instead of big cities which are "full")?

They don't mind if it is a big city.
They need an address for mailing the GC.
You don't need to live there.

Hi Algerian2dz,

Congratulations on winning the lottery!

I do not know anybody in the US and plan to do a little traveling around the US before I settle down so I created an account with a US mail forwarding service (which gives you a physical address) and put that address down as my US address in question 11.

I think that should be okay. Is there anybody else on this forum that has done the same? If so, have you run into any problems at the time of your interview?

Cheers,

Dave.

you need to have that address prior to the interview. You can't "do a little travelling and then set up the PO address".

you need to have that address prior to the interview. You can't "do a little travelling and then set up the PO address".

Hi LucyMO,

I have already set up the US address and used that address to answer question 11 of my DS-230. I just placed N/A in question 10.

I have heard that as long as the USCIS have a physical US address where they can send my Green Card, that a mail forwarding address would be okay.

That leaves my wife and I free to travel around the US a little and have the Green Cards sent to our US address. We can then have them forwarded to us (wherever we may be) or pick them up when we're in the area.

Do you see us having problems with this?

Thanks,

Dave.

I think he meant once he get approved, him and his wife will fly to US and travel a little bit before looking for a permanent address to settle in US--and the forwarding address they have created now will be where the USCIS send their green cards later on. Am I right davefromoz (from Aussie I take it hehe...me too)

Btw your number is low..you will probably be interviewed around Feb/March next year...all the best! I was just lucky that I still made it through

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Algerian2dz,

Congratulations on winning the lottery!

I do not know anybody in the US and plan to do a little traveling around the US before I settle down so I created an account with a US mail forwarding service (which gives you a physical address) and put that address down as my US address in question 11.

I think that should be okay. Is there anybody else on this forum that has done the same? If so, have you run into any problems at the time of your interview?

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave...

Could you please tell me which mail forwarding service you are using. I am also thinking of using one .

Thank you

N/A in Q #10 & Q #11 of DS230?

hi,
I have one question, Can we put N/A in Q #10 & Q #11 in DS230 form and wait until the interview day to write down the address in US ?

I think he meant once he get approved, him and his wife will fly to US and travel a little bit before looking for a permanent address to settle in US--and the forwarding address they have created now will be where the USCIS send their green cards later on. Am I right davefromoz (from Aussie I take it hehe...me too)

Btw your number is low..you will probably be interviewed around Feb/March next year...all the best! I was just lucky that I still made it through

Hi Glistenpearls,

I hope you're right about Feb/March next year. The September Visa Bulletin was just released and the advanced October cut-off number for Oceania is only 200, it was 300 last year :(

But anyway, congratulations on winning and I have no doubt your number will easily become current with time to spare!

Dave.

Hi Dave...

Could you please tell me which mail forwarding service you are using. I am also thinking of using one .

Thank you

Hi buwalagos,

As per the PM I sent you:

I am using USAbox.com.

I signed up for the 'Basic' plan which only costs a one-off fee of $35 plus any mail forwarding charges as I don't really intend to use the service apart from having the Green Card sent to the address.

I hope this helps :)

Dave.

Hi Glistenpearls,

I hope you're right about Feb/March next year. The September Visa Bulletin was just released and the advanced October cut-off number for Oceania is only 200, it was 300 last year :(

But anyway, congratulations on winning and I have no doubt your number will easily become current with time to spare!

Dave.

I'm actually 2008 winner..and I just got approved last week..so its all good..I'm waiting for the card to come on the mail

Oops, I guess I should have taken more notice of both you're post and signature. :eek: Congratulations on receiving your Green Card!

I think I may be looking at February for an interview judging by the advance notification number for October of 200. :confused:

Take care,

Dave.