PERM Tracker - Chicago

Docs from labor department

Does anyone know what exactly we get from Labor department after PERM approved?
Like approval notification letter and/or any other types of documents ?
And how long it takes to get that usually?
Can someone help with this pls?

Eb3?

Hi Creative10,
I don't know exactly because i didn't see anywhere on the application mentioned EB2 or EB3. But my company won't support to go with EB2 so i assumed that it would be EB3.
Also i have a question about 7th year extension. I filed my Labor first time with my old company thru RIR process. I changed my employment to this new company and now i am in the edge of 6 years completion. Can i extend my 7th year based on the old company labor or i need to transfer my H1b to old company and extend. Can you guys help me out. thanks

Finally certified!!!

After a 150 day wait, my PERM finally got certified today! Looks like the last two days heave been fairly productive at DOL. I sent an inquiry through AILA on 02/01. Not sure if that helped.

goodGuy1976
You can extend your H1 on the labor of your old employer while working for your new employer as long as your previous employer has not revoked that labor.

gocard
Your attorney gets the certificate of approval in mail within a 2-week period after the online approval

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurray!...Labor Approved!

I got a call from my employer saying that they received the hard copy of the approval notice. But the online status never changed to approved.

Weird..isn't it? Anyway who cares as long as we have the hard copy. Maybe the online status will change soon shortly.

Applied: 11/15/05
In Process since day one
Approved: 02/18/06
EB3

Good luck to all.

Regards,
Prem

Congrats

Congrats to creative10 for his labor approval. Will you be still maintaining the xls sheet with the current info? If not I can take ownership of this sheet. Let us know.

Again congrats for ur approval and thanks for ur work with keeping this sheet updated

Last edited by a moderator:
PERM Dilemna

My job description matches to two of the ONET titles. The first title, which is a 85% match has an Education & Training Category Code (ETCC) of 5 (i.e. Bachelors Deg). The second match, which is a 65% match has a ETCC of 3 (Masters Deg).

My job des has MS (+zero or one, not sure yet) as the requirement. My salary exceeds the level 4 wages for both the ONET titles matched. My ques are as follows:

1) Which ONET title should be picked? Will it help me to get into the EB2 category if I pick the second match with the ETCC of 3? Or should I pick the first title which is closer match? Will the MS on my job desc ensure that my case gets into EB2?

2) What factors should I consider when choosing between MS+0 and MS+1 from the PERM and 140 perspective? I qualify for both.

3) My teammates (US Citizens) in my company (Fortune 20) who share the same job title as myself, do not have MS degree. Should that be a concern?

4) Is MS+0 equivalent to BS+5 for the PERM purposes? Is it advisable to put MS+0 or BS+5 as the job requirements in the PERm application?

Thanks folks.

thanks longwait. Yes, you can go ahead and take ownership of the xls sheet. It sure kept my hopes alive during the ordeal. I hope your application is approved soon and I get to see you all at the I140 forum. Attached is the latest spreadsheet. Over to longwait

7th year

Usually you can do 7th year extension if:
-the LC with employer A is either still pending or approved and hasn't been used for another employee (that danger is great if it has been approved) or revoked.
- no need to transfer visa back to employer A if you are with B now

Hope this helps.

goodGuy1976 said:
Also i have a question about 7th year extension. I filed my Labor first time with my old company thru RIR process. I changed my employment to this new company and now i am in the edge of 6 years completion. Can i extend my 7th year based on the old company labor or i need to transfer my H1b to old company and extend. Can you guys help me out. thanks

PERM Approved

Dear friends,
I am following this thread, which is very useful. Wanted to update my info
Applied on 1st Dec 2005 in EB2 MS + 4 years Approved on 16th Feb

My friends info tooo.
Applied on 5th Dec 2005 in EB2 MS + 4 years Approved on 16th Feb.

Please update the xls sheet it will helpful to others. Thanks creative10, great_guru and others all your comments good and informative.

PERM Approved

Dear friends,
I am following this thread, which is very useful. Wanted to update my info
Applied on 1st Dec 2005 in EB2 MS + 4 years Approved on 16th Feb

My friends info tooo.
Applied on 5th Dec 2005 in EB2 MS + 4 years Approved on 17th Feb.

Please update the xls sheet it will helpful to others. Thanks creative10, great_guru and others all your acomments are good and informative.

Please add this to tracker

EB3 -> BS + 5YRs
Title -> Hyperion Analyst
Filed on 09/21/2005

Creative10, Thanks for maintaining the tracker!

Latest updated Sheet

I am attaching the sheet with the latest updates. Inventory section is not updated. Will do so in next update.

Wish you all luck.

Finally after 9 months my PERM has been approved

Finally after 9 months my PERM (EB2) has been approved. I filed PERM for future employment with some other company. I have 7.5 years experience and Bachelors.

PD: may 10th 2005
Audit: September 1st week
replied Query: October 1st week
Apporved on :Feb 15th
Got physical letter: Feb 21st

PERM Approved

Just found out from HR my labor is Certified today 02/23/06. Applied on 12/12/05. In Process the whole time. Please update my info.

COngratulations gpaladi...I think you broke coolz' record 224 date wait.
Longwait
Is it possible to also track the physical receipt of the certified PERM? That way we can track any delays frmo DOL on that front
Thanks

You are welcome. Do a search on USCIS Yates memo from 5/12/05 - it actually answers/details all your questions (and more). It is one of the clearer memos I have seen so far.

goodGuy1976 said:
Thanks GC_2006 for your information on 7th year extension.

PERM Approved

My attorney informed that my PERM labor got approved.

Date Filed: Jan 11, 2006
Date Approved: Feb 13, 2006
Notes: EB2, MS +1 yr.

NY SWA Delay in getting Prevailing Wage

My company has agreed to file for PERM. The company attorney says, he has written to NY SWA to get the prevailing wages. It has been over 6 weeks and he has not got a response from them. As e result he has not even started the advertisement.

Has anybody else experienced similar delays? Is it necessary to get the prevailing wages from SWA? Can any body help me and let me know what are the options?

Regards

Vivek Singh