PERM Tracker - Chicago

Fire your lawyer and get a new good one. As PERM takes less time, I don't think they will buy your lawyer story.

EB-U2 said:
Hi all,

Does anybody know if a company can file for a second PERM for the same employee?

The problem is that my attorney screwed up my first PERM. He has put the BS degree as alternative job requirement in the PERM form and my I-140 which filed on Aug 2005(EB2) soon will be rejected! (they have issued RFE)

Then he tried to file another PERM (with different job requirement) which
will be quilified for EB2 but Labor denied the case right away saying that you
have another pending(!) PERM application for the same employee....
My attorney has written them back explaining that the job position is different and all that..... but I'm not sure if Labor dep. will buy that.

Any idea/suggestion? any similar case?

Thanks

EB-U2 said:
Hi all,

Does anybody know if a company can file for a second PERM for the same employee?

The problem is that my attorney screwed up my first PERM. He has put the BS degree as alternative job requirement in the PERM form and my I-140 which filed on Aug 2005(EB2) soon will be rejected! (they have issued RFE)

Then he tried to file another PERM (with different job requirement) which
will be quilified for EB2 but Labor denied the case right away saying that you
have another pending(!) PERM application for the same employee....
My attorney has written them back explaining that the job position is different and all that..... but I'm not sure if Labor dep. will buy that.

Any idea/suggestion? any similar case?

Thanks

what you can do is, if the employer/lawyer preety much listens to you:

Tell them to file a labor in EB2, putting someone else, but not you. Whose labor is pending in BEC or who has not pending labor in PERM. Once that is approved, ask him to substitute yourself in that approved labor. It will be easier that way.

labordrags said:
what you can do is, if the employer/lawyer preety much listens to you:

Tell them to file a labor in EB2, putting someone else, but not you. Whose labor is pending in BEC or who has not pending labor in PERM. Once that is approved, ask him to substitute yourself in that approved labor. It will be easier that way.

yeah, you can file 2 labors via PERM from same employer, the only catch is you have to come up with a tinker that let them to modify the job and requirements, if you could do that, you are all good to go. Good Luck.

one of my co-workers at work just got his PERM certified. It took less than 30 days. Filed :02/17/06; Certified: 03/09/06 EB3: Software Architect

When certified?

If an app is certified does employer get email notification? Or should the employer keep checking that website. Ofcourse notification should come in mail at a later time...I was wondering if the system sends out an email first.

please add to tracker

My husband's PERM date

PERM filed - 12/16
PERM reciept date- 12/16
PERM approval - still waiting.

In his application, the box that asked "if the company had any layoff within the last 6 months" needed to be checked...so i am guessing his is going to take a long time since there will be a chance of Audit!?

Finally approved

It has been almost 4 months. Finally ... :)

Applied 11/23/05
Certified 3/15/06

This board has been really helpful during this long and frustrating period. Good luck to all of you, especially these cases longer than 3 months.

PERM approved

Dear all,

My wife's PERM is finally approved after almost 6 months. We got the approval today, but the letter was dated March 3. We started on Sep 23 of last year.

Ironically, my wife has to quit her current job. So after waiting for 6 months, we have to start the process anew.

But there is always hope, and eventually we will get our greencard. :cool: I just feel sorry for those folks who have been waiting since July 2005.

Not very familiar with PERM, have RIR on PD 0ct 2002 pending at Dallas from Indiana state from former employer( Job offer is open)

Applied PERM today at Chicago center, I have case # donot know how to track. Job title is Physician, applied 3/15/06
waiting finger cross sisnce 2002 from any news from DOL.

Please include me in tracker

Perm approved .. Plz Update in tracker

hi,

My lawyer informed me of my PERM approval
Applied : 02/02/06
Approved : 03/16/06
Position : BE+ 5 yrs
Center : Chicago

Thank you to all the members in this forum.

Got my PERM approved. Details:
Applied: Nov'15 2005
Approval: 03/15/06

Is there any time limit before which I have to apply for I-140. I was thinking of waiting for a month to see if I can get my RIR LC approved in the mean time as I have a better priority date for RIR over PERM. I want to wait for few weeks to check my luck with RIR LC's. Any help on this is appreciated.

a month should be fine. Do keep in mind that USCIS is currently piloting a program mandating that the I140 be filed within 45 days of the labor approval. So, to be on the safe side it is advisable to file within that limit.

Not very familiar with PERM, have RIR on PD 0ct 2002 pending at Dallas from Indiana state from former employer( Job offer is open)

Applied PERM last week at Chicago center, I have case # donot know how to track. Job title is Physician, applied 3/15/06
waiting finger cross sisnce 2002 from any news from DOL.

Please include me in tracker

Congratulations!!

Congratulations, good luck with next stages, could you pls tell us if you work for a large corporation?

vipinia said:
hi,

My lawyer informed me of my PERM approval
Applied : 02/02/06
Position : BE+ 5 yrs

Thank you to all the members in this forum.

You can have 2nd I-140 filed once your previous LC gets approved. Keep in mind you can have multiple I-140s filed but only one I-485. So don't wait but file your PERM based I-140 now.

manager2 said:
Got my PERM approved. Details:
Applied: Nov'15 2005
Approval: 03/15/06

Is there any time limit before which I have to apply for I-140. I was thinking of waiting for a month to see if I can get my RIR LC approved in the mean time as I have a better priority date for RIR over PERM. I want to wait for few weeks to check my luck with RIR LC's. Any help on this is appreciated.

Hi Guys.. I have been a silent member of this forum from last few months. I would like to share some info with you guys, which might be helpful in tracking the PERM cases from chicago

I got my PERM approval

Applied : 12/13/05
Position : BE + 5 yrs

I don't remember which category my lawyer filed under, I will update, as soon as I will get the answer from my lawyer.
Thanks for all the helpful information, it is just great.

-Abhi