PERM in EB2 with 3 year BSc Degree

Hi, Thank you for your responses. My attorney would like to apply my case in EB2 with the job requirement Masters + 2 years or Bachelors + 5 years. I have a question if I apply in EB2, if that gets rejected by INS can i again apply in the EB3 category for the same approved labor. Could you please let me know. Thank you so much for your valuable time...

venky23 said:
Hi, Thank you for your responses. My attorney would like to apply my case in EB2 with the job requirement Masters + 2 years or Bachelors + 5 years. I have a question if I apply in EB2, if that gets rejected by INS can i again apply in the EB3 category for the same approved labor. YES Could you please let me know. Thank you so much for your valuable time...

Hi, Could you please let me know if anybody of you have any idea about applying as Computer Information Systems(CIS) Manager in the EB2 category. this is a Manager level position which is in JobZone 5. We are planning to apply in this category as my salary matches for level 2. I am concerned about "experience in the position offered". Actually I dont have experience as a manager, all my job titles are Programmer/Analyst. My attoreny want to put "experience in the position offered" as 2 years. Will it be any problem if I say as a Programmer/ANalyst involved in managing the projects. Please let me know. And could you please let me know if you have any experience with applying CIS manager in EB2. Thank you so much..

venky23 said:
Hi, Could you please let me know if anybody of you have any idea about applying as Computer Information Systems(CIS) Manager in the EB2 category. this is a Manager level position which is in JobZone 5. We are planning to apply in this category as my salary matches for level 2. I am concerned about "experience in the position offered". Actually I dont have experience as a manager, all my job titles are Programmer/Analyst. My attoreny want to put "experience in the position offered" as 2 years. Will it be any problem if I say as a Programmer/ANalyst involved in managing the projects. Please let me know. And could you please let me know if you have any experience with applying CIS manager in EB2. Thank you so much..

CIS managers will not come from sky all of sudden. All the prog/Analyst through their exp gain managerial knowledge. Make sure the PW matches for EB2. 2 yrs exp is nominal and acceptable

Hi Great Guru, Thanks for the response.. I am already getting a little above 2nd level wage of CIS Manager. could you please let me know how to know whether it mathces EB2.. Is there any criteria like for EB2 the level should be 3 or 4 for any position. Please let me know.. Thank you so much..

venky23 said:
Hi Great Guru, Thanks for the response.. I am already getting a little above 2nd level wage of CIS Manager. could you please let me know how to know whether it mathces EB2.. Is there any criteria like for EB2 the level should be 3 or 4 for any position. Please let me know.. Thank you so much..
Post your state and county

venky23 said:
hi Great Guru,
my State: New Jersey
county: Passaic

Thank you..

If you go with sub speciality of IT Project Manager with Level 3, it will fly off with EB2 very easily.

Area Title: Atlantic-Cape May, NJ PMSA
OES/SOC Code: 11-3021

Level 3 Wage: $47.17 hour - $98,114 year
Level 4 Wage: $54.83 hour - $114,046 year

Hi GreatGuru,
My company is in Passaic county,
Area Title: Bergen-Passaic, NJ PMSA
OES/SOC Title: Computer and information systems managers
Level 1 Wage: $38.60 hour - $80,288 year
Level 2 Wage: $47.82 hour - $99,466 year
Level 3 Wage: $57.04 hour - $118,643 year
Level 4 Wage: $66.26 hour - $137,821 year

It seems you sent me another county.I have a little above than level 2 wage. I dont have level 3 wage. Will it cause any problem if i apply in EB2. Is it necessary to have level 3 or level 4 wage to apply in EB2 category. Could you please let me know. Thank you..

3 yr degree & combination experience..

For EB2 you should have 4 year degree equivalent to US 4 yr BS degree or Master degree. Certifcation from Microsoft, Oracle will not be counted as academic qualification. Also comibantion 3yr degree + experience, counting towards 4 yrs BS degree will not work. You may file it in EB3. But I am sure you will have issues in your I-140 stage. There so many people out there with 3 year degree has problem when they go for I-140.

After OCT 2002, USCIS is very strict on this 4 yrs degree + experience and considers only rlevant academic qualifications like Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Software engineering. They are very picky now a days to clear labor. :mad:

work on H1B as long as you can till your LC cleared.

Thx
oneofu said:
Hello GreatGuru,
I have OCP (Oracle Certified Professional) in Oracle 7, 8, 8i and 9i. Is this help in any way? Is this certification count in the educational evaluation.
Thank you very much for your hep.
Thank you
Oneofu

3 yr degree + MCA (3yr degree) for EB2 will work

You are good to go for EB2 :) . Your BSc+MCA will be equated to 4 BS USA degree. Do a good evaluation on your degrees. I have the same combination, got my LC within 2 months in RIR EB2 :) category back in JULY 2004.I-140 cleard within 7 days :) and my EAD/AP within 5 days :) and I-485 :) after FP within 22days. Eventough I am eligible to file concurrent, but I filed it separetly. NO RFE in entire process. At the time filing my LC I had 10 yrs experience including 5 yrs USA experience. I am from India. :)

I hope this will help you.
Thanks

ooo_gc said:
GREAT GURU

can u pls let me know if holding a Bsc. physics [3 year degree] with an MCA [ Master of computer applications , 3 year degree ] cause a red flag for EB2 filling during the 140/485 stages. I also have 7 years of progressive experience in software before I filed for GC.

The job profile will be software engineer with masters in computers + 0years of experience. location is san jose,ca.

thnx

venky23 said:
Hi GreatGuru,
My company is in Passaic county,
Area Title: Bergen-Passaic, NJ PMSA
OES/SOC Title: Computer and information systems managers
Level 1 Wage: $38.60 hour - $80,288 year
Level 2 Wage: $47.82 hour - $99,466 year
Level 3 Wage: $57.04 hour - $118,643 year
Level 4 Wage: $66.26 hour - $137,821 year

It seems you sent me another county.I have a little above than level 2 wage. I dont have level 3 wage. Will it cause any problem if i apply in EB2. Is it necessary to have level 3 or level 4 wage to apply in EB2 category. Could you please let me know. Thank you..

Level 2 is OK for Passic County

Hi All.

Iam also in a similar situation of 3 years BSc graduation with computer science & 1 yr of PG Diploma. I got my job order approved and have filed my labor thru PERM. Its been almost a month by now and so far I have not got any audit review or denails, the status did change to final review but it again moved back to in process status. I would like from you all, by having a good educational evaluation done will it help me to pass I140 & 485 processes. I would like to know is there any options for guys like us to clear the I140 & 485 process. I look forward to all ur comments....

Thanks All..

Choosing EB2/EB3

Hi to everyone,

I am a newbie to this immigration world. But need some information ...

Please help me with your valuable information... Any information is so important to me.

Here is Issue:

I am currently working as a Linux system administrator ... I have been working for past 1 year .. I did my masters in US .. I graduated in Dec 2003 and I got a Job in June 2004 ... I am still working the same job ... working as consultant .. my consultanting company is from kansas city and and my job is in IL.

And my concern is: With my masters and 1 year experience .. whether I will come to EB2 or EB3.
If I come to EB2 ... How much wage I supposed to get and what should be my title of the job.
Is any person is applying Labor from kansas city ... If yes .. how much you get from PWD.

I am really confused with level and svp numbers ... Please someone help me to find out ...

I am really so thankful to you guys ...

redhat4fun said:
Hi to everyone,

I am a newbie to this immigration world. But need some information ...

Please help me with your valuable information... Any information is so important to me.

Here is Issue:

I am currently working as a Linux system administrator ... I have been working for past 1 year .. I did my masters in US .. I graduated in Dec 2003 and I got a Job in June 2004 ... I am still working the same job ... working as consultant .. my consultanting company is from kansas city and and my job is in IL.

And my concern is: With my masters and 1 year experience .. whether I will come to EB2 or EB3.
If I come to EB2 ... How much wage I supposed to get and what should be my title of the job.
Is any person is applying Labor from kansas city ... If yes .. how much you get from PWD.

I am really confused with level and svp numbers ... Please someone help me to find out ...

I am really so thankful to you guys ...
Once you have US masters degree, you are qualified to file your labor under EB2, even with zero experience.
go to this link, http://www.flcdatacenter.com/ and click on OES Search Wizard to determine the wage level in an area currently you are working on. Depending on your education and experience, you may choose to level out and ask for the PWD from SWA. You lawyer should be doing all these, you should not be worried.

Hi labordrags,

Thanx for ur reply, As I am a newbie.. I am really worried with lot of things...Anyway I want to you ask some personal stuff .. Is there any chance I can get your e-mail.my mail is : redhat4fun@gmail.com

waiting for reply

redhat4fun

PERM, PENDING I140 Petition on a subs labor

To all the gurus ...

I applied using the substitute labor in september 04 , and I140 Got denied for the reasons of company not providing the original labor . Company has used the labor for a previous employee and later withdrew the case so I140 was applied on my behalf using the withdrawl receipt notice and using the original labor that was not really used. I GUESS THIS WAS TOTALLY OK.

Now that the company is filing a MTR, 290B , Iam hoping my case will be reoped and if all goes well , I140 WIll get aprpoved and so will be the I1485 .. " hoping god will be with us " I

My question to the gurus here is
1. while the company files the MOTR( 290b) and my case is reopened , to be on the safe side can I also have the same employer file for the PERM EB2 Labor , if I do so , what will be my priority date ? and If the new EB2 Labor is approved can I file concurrently I485, EAD AND I140 ?
2. Can I have another company file for the PERM EB2 Labor , if so what will be the priority date ? when should I expect to get my EB2 Labor approved, if it is approved can I file for my I140,485 AND EAD Concurrently?

Any comments or feedback on this issues will be a great helpg

Thanks
Rajf

3yr degree + MBA (2yr diploma) + Advanced Systems Management (2yr diploma)for EB2?

Hello GreatGuru/UnitedNations.

Will this combination work for EB2 - 3yr degree(Maths) + MBA (2yr diploma) + Advanced Diploma in Systems Management (2yr)? I also have 8 years of progressive experience.

If yes, and I apply for I-140 and for some reason I am asked to apply under EB3 will I retain my priority date?

Thanks for the info,
rg2005