PERM - Chicago vs Atlanta

Most probably...

You might get an answer saying your case is in process @#$%^& which we already know. It might not help.

irinastaicu said:
People who are waiting for more than 60 days are entitled to an answer from DOL...not that they will get one, but it is worth it a try.Here are the new email addresses published a few days ago

E-Mail Addresses for Permanent Labor Certification Queries to DOL

The DOL has set up different e-mail addresses for different queries as follows:
plc.help@dol.gov: This is e-mail help line for DFLC National HQ office. This email should be used for general or technical questions and not case specific questions.
plc.chicago@dol.gov: This is Chicago PERM National Processing Center e-mail helline . This email should be used for policy and case specific questions to the national field office in Chicago, including withdrawal of online PERM application.
plc.atlanta@dol.gov: The same for Atlanta PERM National Processing Center.
h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us: This e-mail address to obtain the evidence of pending backlog cases for the purpose of 7th year H-1B extension from the Dallas Backlog Processing Center.
h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us: Same for cases pending at the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center.

Writing to DOL

Hi all,

Although the DOL may or may not provide a specific response, I think we should still write to inquire about our cases. For a number of people, the wait has been much longer than 60 days now. This is true of people waiting on the forum and I am sure that there are several others. If anyone finds out anything helpful, whether a response from DOL or from their lawyer and HR, please provide an update.

Thanks and best wishes.

First & Last Name Mismatch in approved PERM

Dear Friends

I am in Trouble....My Perm is approved on Aug 12 ..But Now I see My last name and First Name was toggled ..I mean First Name was put in Last name place and Last was in place of First in PERM application which has been certified....

What should I do Now??? How to File I 140 and 485.....Should My Attorney contact DOL for name corrrection..??

Please advice.......I need Help//////

Ray of Hope

This is definitely gonna cheer all you Chicago waiters:

Just received confirmation from my lawyer that I have been certified :) :) :)

Filed Chicago 6/15 EB2
Went thru usual AR - FR - IP stages on the rerun dates.
First time applicant, no cases at BEC, no duplicates.
No letters, no updates in between
Now certified!!!

All the best its gonna be your turn soon!

Congrats.
Can you tell the job title ??

PERM believer said:

Filed Chicago 6/15 EB2
Now certified!!!

Congratulations!!!

PERM believer said:

Filed Chicago 6/15 EB2
Now certified!!!

I think the same

I think the same way you think.
I applied on 6/7/2005 to Atlanta Center. The case wen from Audit Review, Final Review to In process on the rerun dates but no news yet.
Definately FIFO is JOKE.
They should first clear the old applications and then start the new applications.
If they can't handle this myuch load then they should stop the new applications for a while till they clear their backlog and then start the new ones.
Don't know what to do except praying.....

einmanninus said:
Now the PERM becomes a game and FIFO is joke. From time to time, Chicago center give one or two lucky guys certified and let all others keep a very slight hope and FIFO is never followed. Seems we can do nothing but cross fingers and pray. :mad:

The following is a recently certified case:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=186653

Exp Letters while applying for PERM

I am planning to apply under EB2 BS + 6 years. for a Managerial Position. My lawyer is asking for Exp Letters from all my previous employers. Is this really necessary, while filing PERM.

My opinion is that we can start the Job Prder and Recruitment process and wait for the Exp letters to arrive, as they can take time. I just dont want to be caught in the EB2 retrogression.....

Can someone confirm taht we can start the initial (Ad etc) process w/o actually having the experience letters in hand.

Any body in same boat

Hey all
I applied on 6/7/2005 to Atlanta Perm Center, It went thru Audit Review, Final Review and In Process stages on the Re run dates. Now i am in Process since July 28th and don't know what to do?? It has been 77 days from when i applied.
Anybody else in same boat like me???

Any body in same boat

permsac said:
Hey all
I applied on 6/7/2005 to Atlanta Perm Center, It went thru Audit Review, Final Review and In Process stages on the Re run dates. Now i am in Process since July 28th and don't know what to do?? It has been 77 days from when i applied.
Anybody else in same boat like me???

Me too on same boat.

Applied : 6/7/2005
Center: Chicago

audit review/ in process

hi guys
i'm new to this site..
i would appreciate if someone could share if they were in audit review and how long it takes to get certified after you send them the required documents... and how long does it take to get hard copy of the LC..
thanks

PERM FAQ#5 (Multiple Filings) Update!

Check it out. DOL removed answers to questions. I hope this new policy set by DOL about restrictions of filing multiple LCs is lifted!

Lc

I spoke to my attorney and he told me that DOL had got the timelines estimated wrong and now they are saying the case might take anywhere between 5 to 6 months thats 150 - 180 days..... my case was filed in chicago on May 11th and still shows inprocess. Good Luck to you all.

amdee said:
Me too applied 6/6 Atlanta. No notification/communication either thru email or regular mail.

Good news on multiple labor from same employer

SlipperyGC said:
Check it out. DOL removed answers to questions. I hope this new policy set by DOL about restrictions of filing multiple LCs is lifted!

Just gone thru it and yes, infact they removed what they have posted on Aug 8th. So, now there can be more thanone labor rom same employer for same alien. That's a really something which eases tension to some extent.

Thanks SlipperyGC for latest update.

This is what they say

PERMforGC said:

Question: Under PERM, is it permissible for an employer to have more than one labor certification application actively in process for the same alien at any given time? What should an employer do if it has already filed multiple applications for the same alien?
We have removed the response to this question posted on August 8, 2005.
The Department is considering questions and information stakeholders have
submitted in response to this FAQ posting, and will be developing and posting
a clarified response in the near future.

meaning, they might come back with this policy in near future but with making some changes to what they thought initially. So for now, it is legitimate to have multiple filings and no deadline for now (Aug 31st date is ruled out).