PERM - Chicago vs Atlanta

...and yet another incident where DOL is out and about messing up people's lives. They have done it for years pre-Perm and are about to do it again. The government should put away with this incompetent department altogether.
Any luck reaching the Chief?

Looks like since 10/6/05 no more approvals at all (neither C nor A even)...

AC21EB3 said:
These cases filed by my employer and no approvals, no audit letters till today...they called, emailed, sent letters... no use. Finally they called today in front of me and DOL requested to call back on Monday. All Chicago cases... my employer also upset with this..couple of consultants left them stating they did nothing on their green card. Is there any way to reach Chief of Chicago Processing Center???

C-05xxx-xxxxx 10/10/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 10/07/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 09/18/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 09/14/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 09/05/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 08/26/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 08/18/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 08/12/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 08/11/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 07/06/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 07/05/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 07/02/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 06/30/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 06/16/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 05/09/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 05/07/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 05/05/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 05/05/2005 In Process
C-05xxx-xxxxx 05/04/2005 In Process

Here's my Info

EB-2, Atlanta - MS+3
Filed on 9/21
Latest Status - In Process

Is there any logical flow between Audit Review, Final Review or In Process
or its just random.

Has any one got audit as off ?

PERM FIFO not followed

I applid on Sept 16 and another person in my company applied on Sept 19th. He got approved more than a week ago.
Its not a fair process. Its so frustrating

Hi everyone,

My PERM showed approved as of Nov.8 .

Applied: October 5, 2005
PERM PRocessing Center = Atlanta
Job: Correspondents, Reporters, News Analysts, Broadcasters
Bachelors Degree + 1 Year Experience
No Business Necessity
Small Company of 5 people, in business since 1980.

Good luck to everyone else! Seems Atlanta has resumed its processing routine.

still waiting...

I applied PERM EB2 in Aug 18 2005. MS + 2 years experience or Bachelors + 5 years experience.

Status has been "In Process" since then...

Sai

My case was filed on June 6th 2005, MS+2 or Bachelors + 5 years.

Status is "In process" ever since .....
Any one on the same boat? Any ideas what can I do to get it moving?

sai_ani said:
I applied PERM EB2 in Aug 18 2005. MS + 2 years experience or Bachelors + 5 years experience.

Status has been "In Process" since then...

Sai

Perm or Reg - definately Perm

Hi everyone,

My employer emailed me today , telling me my PERM was approved.

Job: Sr Programmer Analyst
Bachelors Degree + 5 Year Experience
EB2

Thanks in advance for all the wishes.

Now for I-140 - does anyone have like a list of docs required and which center to follow for PERM from Atlanta?

Thx
PermOrReg - Definately Perm

Please support Sections 8001 and 8002 of S. 1932 in the conference process.

http://www3.capwiz.com/c-span/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=4241&congress=109

click above link and send the below letter to your local house member

Dear Member of Congress,

Ø As we begin Fiscal Year 2006, America’s long-term economic health must be at the forefront of our nation’s legislative agenda. I am writing to alert you to several issues that we believe pose a significant threat to U.S. competitiveness and economic security. Leading business and scientific organizations recently warned that the United States is in danger of losing its innovative edge. Lagging student interest in math, science and engineering, coupled with a pattern of reduced government investment in basic research in the physical sciences are troubling indicators for the future. These disturbing trends must be reversed.

Ø As we continue efforts to grow our pipeline of American scientists and engineers, we need to enable U.S. companies recruiting at U.S. universities to have access to all the graduates – including foreign students. For example, in electrical engineering, 56 percent of master’s and 66 percent of the PhD graduates of U.S. programs in 2004 were foreign students. We should open the doors wide to these talented individuals. Unfortunately, current U.S. Government policies are going in the exact opposite direction. If U.S. businesses are not able to hire or retain these employees, our overseas competitors will.

Ø The green card process also needs reform to enable employers to hire and retain the best qualified individuals in sufficient numbers. We believe that those individuals with the education, experience, knowledge and skills critical to U.S. competitiveness in the 21 st Century should be granted priority permanent resident status. Such reforms would significantly assist U.S. employers in retaining that talent, as well as alleviate the overwhelming demand for H-1B visas. USCIS’ efforts to reduce application backlogs have created another problem – unavailability of permanent visas, frequently called “green cards.” As of October 1, 2005, the State Department has set the clock backward – adding years to the wait for a green card for thousands of foreign professionals from countries such as India, China and the Philippines. The impact of the new restrictions will make it nearly impossible for these highly educated and skilled workers to gain permanent residence in the United States in the foreseeable future. Moreover, the recent unavailability of visas will force thousands of professionals to put their lives on hold, with the inability to change jobs, locations or employers.

Ø To make matters worse, many of these professionals – including researchers, scientists, teachers and engineers – will see their wait for permanent residency drag on for many more years. Our system of backlogs, delays and unpredictability is discouraging and unwelcoming, forcing many valued employees to seek employment in other nations. This is not only disruptive to U.S. employers and our economy, but exceedingly unfair to hard-working, valued members of the American workforce. Access to this talent keeps innovation and jobs in the United States. Tapping America’s Potential and the National Association of Manufacturers’ 2005 Labor Day Report are available at www.competeamerica.org and www.nam.org.

Ø The U.S. Senate passed S. 1932 which includes Section 8001 and Section 8002 to resolve the foregoing problems which this nation faces. The House bill, H.R. 4241, failed to include these important parts of the budget reconciliation legislation. Please support Sections 8001 and 8002 of S. 1932 in the conference process.

Thank you.
Sincerely your name,
Address
Tel no

amdee said:
My case was filed on June 6th 2005, MS+2 or Bachelors + 5 years.

Status is "In process" ever since .....
Any one on the same boat? Any ideas what can I do to get it moving?

I am. Applied on June 7th. No news of any progress yet.

Will you apply for 140 immediately or will you wait for the budget bill to becomes law so you can file concurrently even if your numbers are current. I am currently swaying between both options. Let me know if you hear any thing from your attorney if it is good idea to wait to file for 140.

permorreg said:
Hi everyone,

My employer emailed me today , telling me my PERM was approved.

Job: Sr Programmer Analyst
Bachelors Degree + 5 Year Experience
EB2

Thanks in advance for all the wishes.

Now for I-140 - does anyone have like a list of docs required and which center to follow for PERM from Atlanta?

Thx
PermOrReg - Definately Perm

Me too.

gc_2006, thanx for compiling the tracker. it is very helpful for newbies to site like me.

My case is filed with EB3/ Sr. Software Engr on June 13th, Immediately my employer resonded to their email and it is in still INPROCESS from then. I don't know the exact date when each stage(as i don't know how to findout) but as per my employer and layer my case is still in IN PROCESS and all cases filed with the same layer in the same month are still pending at chicago. It is hopefull place as i read this thread.

Job Description : Software Engineer
Category: EB3
Chicago
Filed on : June 13th 2005
IP : ??? Still waiting to be certified.

- Anil

Audit request

Chicago still shows some (meager) activity. My lawyer contacted me today and told me we got an audit request yesterday. Looks like recruitment items since she said that HR can take care of it. She also said that on the bright side, audits usually get approved within 30 days.

sbanil said:
Me too.

gc_2006, thanx for compiling the tracker. it is very helpful for newbies to site like me.

My case is filed with EB3/ Sr. Software Engr on June 13th, Immediately my employer resonded to their email and it is in still INPROCESS from then. I don't know the exact date when each stage(as i don't know how to findout) but as per my employer and layer my case is still in IN PROCESS and all cases filed with the same layer in the same month are still pending at chicago. It is hopefull place as i read this thread.

Job Description : Software Engineer
Category: EB3
Chicago
Filed on : June 13th 2005
IP : ??? Still waiting to be certified.

- Anil

After almost 9 months wait, my case is denied on the basis of 20 CFR 656.17(h)(4)(ii). They decided that it is a Kellogg case without any Audit. Stupid PERM process. I hate this process, there is no chance to appeal as there is no formal process. Mera bharat mahan. Going back to India.

- Anil

Hi,
what is a Kellogg case?
Can you refile?

sbanil said:
After almost 9 months wait, my case is denied on the basis of 20 CFR 656.17(h)(4)(ii). They decided that it is a Kellogg case without any Audit. Stupid PERM process. I hate this process, there is no chance to appeal as there is no formal process. Mera bharat mahan. Going back to India.

- Anil

Applied on 4/05 with Audit

Project Engineer, MS
Applied on 4/08/05, in Atlanta
Audit letter on 7/05
Response on 7/05
Status changed from "Audit Review" to "In-Process" on 7/28/05.
Sent emails and they respond that it is still under process and to be patient.....It's been 10 months already.
Audit was because an incorrect filling of a question that stated that it required the employee to stay in employer premises, which was supossed to respond "no", but it was answered "yes". On the audit response it was explained and sent a revised form.....still waiting....

How to find the PERM status

Hi Guyz,

Can anyone tell me how to check the PERM status?

Thanks,
Venkat

good attorney?

anybody knows a good attorney to file PERM?? CLose to Orlando, FL would be wonderfull.
I have already a case of LC with RD 02-2005, but that is going to take forever. I want to apply with another sponsor, and a new atorney because the one that I have does not comunicate, does not respond email, does not want to talk to his clients, does not give appointments, and me like 20 other guys here in Florida are very unhappy with him, (but we already have paid this guy).
Thanks to all of you that post here... and good luck
Javier