PERM and EB2

reachPC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have question regarding PERM and filing in EB2 category. I have M.S degree from USA (I have 2 M.S degrees from 2 different schools in 2 different areas).
I have been on H1-b for about 30 months (total 2.5 years of experience). Can i file in EB2 category under PERM ?. Has EB2 or EB3 categorization changed under PERM ?

As far as my knowledge goes, before PERM, if you had an advacned degree from USA you could file under EB2 category.

Can someone please reply to this post if they have any information or insight

Thanks for your time

thanks

reachPC

Eb2

reachPC said:
Hi,

I have question regarding PERM and filing in EB2 category. I have M.S degree from USA (I have 2 M.S degrees from 2 different schools in 2 different areas).
I have been on H1-b for about 30 months (total 2.5 years of experience). Can i file in EB2 category under PERM ?. Has EB2 or EB3 categorization changed under PERM ?

As far as my knowledge goes, before PERM, if you had an advacned degree from USA you could file under EB2 category.

Can someone please reply to this post if they have any information or insight

Thanks for your time

thanks

reachPC

You qualify for EB2. Good Luck.

Bachelor + 5 years Requirement for EB2.

My position requires Bachelors and 5 years experience. Position is Technical Lead, I have 4 year Bachelors degree and 5 1/2 years experience before joing current company. I would like to file under PERM to be eligible for EB2 at 140 and 485 stage. Has any body with this requirement given a shot for PERM, Did your attorney agree to proceed with the case. Please share any information if it is a good idea to try PERM or not.

guestGC said:
My position requires Bachelors and 5 years experience. Position is Technical Lead, I have 4 year Bachelors degree and 5 1/2 years experience before joing current company. I would like to file under PERM to be eligible for EB2 at 140 and 485 stage. Has any body with this requirement given a shot for PERM, Did your attorney agree to proceed with the case. Please share any information if it is a good idea to try PERM or not.

Before PERM, BS with 15 years exp in IT got rejected for EB2. INS insisting on MS qualification.

great guru said:
Before PERM, BS with 15 years exp in IT got rejected for EB2. INS insisting on MS qualification.

Great Guru,

If you do not know then pls. do not misguide people.
Beofre Perm definately one would qualify for EB-2 with Bachelors + 5 years.
It has become a grey area under PERM.

Bachelor + 5 years Requirement for EB2.

Great Guru,

BS + 5 in EB2 was valid for many years in the old system and I had lot of friends approved the same way.

APD,

Thanks for confirming the same and if you have any information about this in PERM please share to the forum

APD said:
Great Guru,

If you do not know then pls. do not misguide people.
Beofre Perm definately one would qualify for EB-2 with Bachelors + 5 years.

IN CSC many EB-2 with BS+ 15 years got rejected from 2000/

Which world you are living in.? Rejection is not in the LC stage my friend, it is in I 140 stage. Since you do not know anything about EB2, you are sitting on still LC forum. I can show you proof from INS. But you may not understand

It has become a grey area under PERM.

Bs + 5

I have BS + 5 and applied for PERM labour under EB2. My case is in Final review. If it is approved I will let you guys know, hope this might help you.

Any idea how long it take to approve after final review?

Whend did u file?

PERM2010:

Which date did you file on? Today ? Yesterday?

Thanks

PERM2010 said:
I have BS + 5 and applied for PERM labour under EB2. My case is in Final review. If it is approved I will let you guys know, hope this might help you.

Any idea how long it take to approve after final review?

May be this last week

I believe last week, but don't know the exact date. I read in other forum his case went into Final Review in a day after applied.

B+5 yrs

Hey ..can u share with us the info on your petitiion on once ur EB2 is approved.That would help others in providing rt info in thier petition..including me..am filing on 7th July.

Pal

Would you mind telling me what's the title of the position? I was told my my lawyer, the job title is very important for determining the education degrees requirements, computer job are not has to be in EB3.
Thanks,

4 year B.E + 6 years work exp

Hi,

Did any one here of any PERM approvals in EB2 for BS + 5 years experience. As it was discussed in the thread a month back, it is kind of a grey area. I'll greatly appreciate if someone could cite some approvals or denials in PERM EB2 of such cases.