Perhaps I am approved...

yippeee ! gotcha the mails !

Folks, Elated 'n excited as i'm, still tryin' hard to believe this godsend....

My case was approved today and i just got the 2 emails which i've been waitin for all these days... the online status also shows as approved...

Cliched & trite as it may sound, i really owe it to the folks on this forum for voicing out ideas and strategies for getting unwinded thro' this small plastic card....

man, am i typing in excitement...can't believe our case went thro' the final day....

wish all you guys who're in the wait-train a happy ending very soon....

-Kandadude.

I too need to chill out now!! I also got my 2 long awaited emails. Though I am not expecting any major chang in life after getting GC but I am happy that all my efforts are paid off..
Perhaps there is one change I can think off. I am no longer 'Linger on'.

another LUD change, what's the indication?

Thursday: early biometric code 2
Friday: sent eamil inquiry for 485, no anwer
Friday: LUD changed to 09/30
Staurday: LUD changed to 10/01
no answer so far for the email inquiry.

When did you get the emails

Lingeron and others who got approved in the last few hours, when did you actually get those emails, today or yesterday night?

No news for me yet, my online status is still the same. BTW what was your previous message on the case status?

Thanks

ltiger said:
Thursday: early biometric code 2
Friday: sent eamil inquiry for 485, no anwer
Friday: LUD changed to 09/30
Staurday: LUD changed to 10/01
no answer so far for the email inquiry.

Itiger,

Your timing of biometric code 2 was exactly like mine. I also saw LUD changed to 09/30 and then to 10/01. I did not send inquiry so it must be something else happenning behind the scene triggering the LUD.

Let's wish the best.

Cheers,

NCFolk

LUD changed just now but no approval

My LUD changed just now, message also changed to:

On October 1, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Did anybody who got approved today/yesterday had this message due to recent biometrics OR was it straight approval?

Hi gc_man, i got the emails last night around 8:45pm. I did not get any biometric notices over the last week. My FP was done less than a yr back (Oct 20 2004)

Can some1 tell me what the procedure in my case will be..since i don't need to re-do biometrics, would i directly get the card or would i have to take my 485 Approval notice to the ASC and then go thro' a local procedure for the card ?

-Kandadude.

End to End 12 years..

Here is my story guys, any one interested to read!!
I got my approval emails on last day I mean on Sept 30th afternoon and actual approval took place on Sept 29th (as per online message). I was in touch with Div XII on a daily basis. I know till 26th Name Check was not clear and Div XII used to say please check after 120 days. I knew I do not have 120 days so I tried to touch base with them on a daily basis. I thought worst-case scenario would be they might get pissed off and delay it further, which retrogression any way going to do that after Oct 1. Till Sept 27th they keep sending me message “Check after 120 days” (perhaps 4 – 5 time in 1 week) also my lawyer and senator too got the same message. I got my first positive sign on Sept 28th when they said you are all set to be adjudicating today. Perhaps this is the day when they locate our tape and my names check data was loaded onto USCIS system. I sent another mail on 29th and he said “Didn’t I tell you that you were adjudicated-approved yesterday?” But online status was silent about this and there was not even a single LUD on this. On 30th I asked him again about online status, which is still showing pending. In just 30 minute on-line status changed to “Approved and notice will be send in 14 days…..’ and also got my 2 long awaited emails.

I started my green card pursuit way back in 1993 but before it gets conceptualized I abandoned it and decided to move back to India and later to UK. Decided to come to US again in 1998 but lost in labyrinths of dotcom and IT boom and completely forgot to start green card process. Finally started it in 2000 and got my labor done in 27 days and almost filed my I-140 but changed my job in early 2001 and couldn’t not transported my labor certification along me. I am sure someone must have used my Labor as substitute and got his/her Green card lot earlier than me. This time I joined a very large company and just after joining they had a massive lay off and green card process was kept on freezer for 9 months. Finally Labor filed in Nov 2001 and State cleared in Dec 2002 after clearing some queries by state DOL. Federal got completed during March 2004 and immediately Filed 140 in March itself and I-485 in May 2004. Undergone FP in July for self and spouse and Cleared I-140 in March 2005. Received FBI email for clearing Name check on July 28 but I guess that tape was lost in transit. Last 15 days I madly worked with Lawyer, Div XII, FBI, Senator and Congressman and now you know what happened on Sept 30th.

I sincerely pray that everyone who was riding on July 28th train (and other too) should get clears soon. I just read that they are keep getting LUDs until Oct 1st, which I am taking as positive sign. You never know they may be assigning visa numbers to you files.

I owe a lot to this group and this wouldn’t be possible without this forum. Rahul kumar is my hero.

Now can any one tell me how long it takes to receive actual Notice of approval?

For those who got approved recently

I got an email from CSC DIV XII that my 485 got approved on the 26th. My online status hasn't changed yet. Also, I haven't got the approval notices by postal mail. Any one in the same boat ? any ideas ?

Hi Sammau 2005 : Congratulations !!!!
Whats your RD for I485 and other details (NAME Check)?
You also had similar LUD changes...9/30, 10/01 Please let us know.

My LUD changed on 9/30 and then imm. on 10/01...Per e-mail Mr James Williams on 9/29, my case is in NAME Check...should I hope for approval e-mail in next couple of days...OR start e-mailing FBI...OR congressman...

GURUs : Tell me how retro would impact someone, who has filed I485 7-8 Months back with EAD/AP in hand ??

Appreciate your comments.
InderPaul

Last edited by a moderator:
Your PD..

Inder,
Important thing is what is your PD? PD is your Labor application receipt date to DOL? Until that date becomes current they will not pick your file for ruling. I guess no one can answer when this will happen. It could be in next 2 months or may take lot longer.

Sam Congratulations !!!!

yes, CIS always did that. There was somebody like you here before. Just wait you approval notice. In the past, my EAD was approval but never email change nor approval notice(I knew that since my wife EAD approval). Suddenly, message changed to EAD card mailed then changed back to EAD approval. when real EAD card received, i found postmark date was the EAD approval date.

I guess CSC approved my case but forget update their system(it did delay approval notice and EAD) but they figured it our later. It's EAD, I didn't push CSC since I have H1 all times with me.

In your case, you might need push them every 10 days until you receive your notice or GC.

To all LUD changed

Read Sam's post, you might be the lucky one also even without approval email notice. Just pray!

ASC Code??

Does any one know what ASC code is? Just now I got a letter from USCIS dated 9/29/05 saying "While processing your case we reached to a point where we ask you to make appointment with one of our Application Support Center (I guess this is ASC) to have some additional biometrics (FP, Photo and Signature). This letter also said that this notice is valid for 84 days only.
When I called them they said we can't give you any appointment until you tell us ASC code in your letter.
Does any one come across this situation? Any suggestions?

lingeron,

Congratulations !! You just made it.

I got the same letter and I hope all the last minute approvals were of the same type. Just take infopass appointment and walk-in to your nearest ASC to get your Code 3 Biometrics done. Rest I think is just fine

Sonpapdi

re:

guys -
my wife has got an appointment for biometrics appointment but i havent. does the biometrics appointment mean ..there is a chance of approval. pls let me know.

Sonapadi,
I though infopass is meant for passport stamping at immigration office and not for ASC.
Can you please clarify this? Is there any webpage, which give the list of ASC in our area? Any one knows the address of any ASC in South San Jose?

lingeron said:
Sonapadi,
I though infopass is meant for passport stamping at immigration office and not for ASC.
Can you please clarify this? Is there any webpage, which give the list of ASC in our area? Any one knows the address of any ASC in South San Jose?

Geeee, do you know how to Google? Just type ASC and finger and you'll get the web site with all the information you need.

San Jose Asc

Any way I just found this at USCIS Portal :http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/ascs/. This also says: Please be sure you have been scheduled to appear for fingerprinting by letter. Do not appear for fingerprinting without an appointment letter." I heard that walking in also works in bay area ASS during afternoon. Is that correct?
-------------------------------------------
SAN JOSE ASC
122 Charcot Avenue
San Jose, CA 95131-1101

Open: Tues-Sat 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Closed: Sun, Mon and all Federal holidays
--------------------------------------------