• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

People who were selected for DV 2012 (IMPORTANT)

keona

Registered Users (C)
When did you apply? (Try to remember and share with rest of the people please)

Let me start:

I have submitted my form on October 5th and have been selected, also applied 5 different forms for my family members (Apart from me, no one were selected)

I'm never going to believe that software had error: because before any software is used it's being tested. Us Government definitely have tested this software.

Please share your story, maybe we can find truth all together.

Thank you!!!

I submitted the first day October 5th for myself. I got not slected
My husband applied for him same day October 5th and got selected

What difference does it make now?

If it's a "mistake" they should honor it. If it's not a mistake, we at least will know the truth behind all of it.

Why not redraw rest of the 78,000 lottery tickets in July 15. That would be honorable (compared to taking away people dreams), that what this country about, not about communism "taking everything away from rich and spreading it between the masses"

Also I know that some people in past that same person have applied for lottery 15een or 17een times in the same draw and have won, and living "happily ever after" It was not fair, but they were smart to do that, you want to take away their lives too???

Because when someone (especially US government) say something you should stand by you words or they mean "nothing" afterworlds

Let's just remember US immigration through history - people who were first on the boats and and most capable, street smart, spoke English in good health were able to get here.

My point is, why take away something away from people, something that not rightfully theirs. No one have given us Green Cards, all we were given a fair chance to proceed forward. If we capable we will:
  • Send all forms
  • Do medicals on time
  • Pay for everything
  • Have job or find here US to be burden to a government

How this is unfair?

No one have given us Green Cards we should have to work hard to get them.

It's a long journey, but at least we should be given chance to proceed with our journey and let immigration officer (not an angry mob) decide if we are worthy for this country or not.

Thank you!

If it's a "mistake" they should honor it. If it's not a mistake, we at least will know the truth behind all of it.
It is a mistake. And they shouldn't honor it.

Banking mistakes happen all the time and people aren't allowed to keep billions of dollars that appeared in their bank account by mistake simply because it ruins their dream and makes them cry.

Why not redraw rest of the 78,000 lottery tickets in July 15. That would be honorable (compared to taking away people dreams), that what this country about, not about communism "taking everything away from rich and spreading it between the masses"

Also I know that some people in past that same person have applied for lottery 15een or 17een times in the same draw and have won, and living "happily ever after" It was not fair, but they were smart to do that, you want to take away their lives too???

Because when someone (especially US government) say something you should stand by you words or they mean "nothing" afterworlds

Let's just remember US immigration through history - people who were first on the boats and and most capable, street smart, spoke English in good health were able to get here.

My point is, why take away something away from people, something that not rightfully theirs. No one have given us Green Cards, all we were given a fair chance to proceed forward. If we capable we will:
  • Send all forms
  • Do medicals on time
  • Pay for everything
  • Have job or find here US to be burden to a government

How this is unfair?

No one have given us Green Cards we should have to work hard to get them.

It's a long journey, but at least we should be given chance to proceed with our journey and let immigration officer (not an angry mob) decide if we are worthy for this country or not.

Thank you!

People are asking why not take out the initial 22,000 'winners' then draw 78,000 (to make 100,000) from the remaining pool. That will also give a skewed/faulty result as well since the initial 22,000 would have had a different probability of success than the remaining 78,000.
The easiest and right thing to do would be to put back all entries into the pool and re-draw, with every element in the pool having an equal chance of success.

People are asking why not take out the initial 22,000 'winners' then draw 78,000 (to make 100,000) from the remaining pool. That will also give a skewed/faulty result as well since the initial 22,000 would have had a different probability of success than the remaining 78,000.
The easiest and right thing to do would be to put back all entries into the pool and re-draw, with every element in the pool having an equal chance of success.
Besides - fake winners already have CNs, reassigning them might be complex. Redraw is much cleaner solution.

I'm sorry, we're not fake winners because we didn't know we were going to be selected. This is not our fault and the government should be accountable to those who genuine believed in the winning as well as to those who were not selected because of the error. In my view they should increase the amount of GCs for 2012.

I applied on 6th October and got selected. I was the only one who applied. My husband did not enter for the lottery. I checked on 1st May and have already sent the forms to KCC and they even confirmed receipt last Thursday.

I learnt about the redraw a few hours ago.:confused:

I hope they can keep the 22,000 of the selectees and redraw for the rest of 78,000 since it doesn't really make sense as they have crushed the dreams and hopes of the initial 22,000.

I agree that all 19 million entrants will get a chance again but since those who have "won" earlier would have already done some processing, it would be good to keep them as "winners" since KCC has announced the results.

I applied on 6th October and got selected. I was the only one who applied. My husband did not enter for the lottery. I checked on 1st May and have already sent the forms to KCC and they even confirmed receipt last Thursday.

I learnt about the redraw a few hours ago.:confused:

I hope they can keep the 22,000 of the selectees and redraw for the rest of 78,000 since it doesn't really make sense as they have crushed the dreams and hopes of the initial 22,000.

I agree that all 19 million entrants will get a chance again but since those who have "won" earlier would have already done some processing, it would be good to keep them as "winners" since KCC has announced the results.

Totally agree with you!!!

I'm sorry, we're not fake winners because we didn't know we were going to be selected. This is not our fault and the government should be accountable to those who genuine believed in the winning as well as to those who were not selected because of the error. In my view they should increase the amount of GCs for 2012.

Agree, with you 100%

Besides - fake winners already have CNs, reassigning them might be complex. Redraw is much cleaner solution.

Calling people fake winners because government have chosen them and given them hope, this is aggressive and discriminating.

You sound like NAZZI - "much cleaner solution"

Unfortunately I have also been selected

I have submitted the application forms for me and my husband on October 5th and we both won.
I don`t really realize what’s going on now. My head is full of different thoughts. Shortly saying I am confused.

As much as the program did not fairly and randomly select the former winners, I think KCC should give them a chance. Those who did not get selected really do not have anything to lose: either redraw all over or just 78,000. Because they still have a chance to be selected if any of those two decisions ( redraw or just 78,000) are taken. But for those who won, there is everything to lose if there is a redraw.

keona, calling people nazzies because you do not agree with their opinions is even worse, sorry.

As for the redraw - if they grant some additional spots for the voided winners - wouldn't this be against the very same law that had them void the results in a first place?

Hi, i've been selected for 2012 dv (2012EU0001XXX), got the bad news yesterday. Sent docs to KCC on 12th.
Will fight this till the end.
I've heard of a class lawsuit against the US government. I would also like to see what the glitch was, what do they consider random and what the definition of random for them is.
Will be calling Maryland Representatives in the Congress and Senate on monday.