People viewing thie S 1932 Status Thread...PLEASE SIGN UP HERE.

Let us meet

Living in:Edison ,NJ

Willing to do: Phone, fax, meet senators & congressmen in person, write to the press, travel to washington if lawmakers agree to meet us & donate funds.

Guys, We should not be silent readers any more,let us arrange a meeting in central jersey for Tri-state area to discuss about our next course of action, then we can discuss about national stradegy to come out this GC gloomy reign

Display name: newbies

Will/already follow all short of activities as needed (even I am not affected by the retro since my PD is ahead of the retro date. But I don't support for any bill with illegal immigration since it will make the retro more worse.)

newbies said:
Display name: newbies

Will/already follow all short of activities as needed (even I am not affected by the retro since my PD is ahead of the retro date. But I don't support for any bill with illegal immigration since it will make the retro more worse.)
NEEDED SKILLS OR CHEAP LABOR?
Report: H-1B Workers Paid Less than U.S. Workers, Despite Wage Rules

WASHINGTON (December 2005) -- The budget bill was approved by the Senate Wednesday minus a provision that would have added 30,000 visas to the H-1B foreign-worker program. But efforts to increase this visa program are certain to resume next year.

To help inform this debate, the Center for Immigration Studies has published a new analysis of thousands of Labor Department applications which finds that employers are paying H-1B workers less than comparable American workers.

The ''prevailing wage'' requirement for this visa program is designed to prevent the hiring of foreign workers from depressing U.S. wages and to protect foreign workers from exploitation. Instead, the data show that the H-1B program is primarily used to import workers at the very bottom of the wage scale. The wide gap between wages for U.S. workers and H-1B workers helps explain why industry demand for H-1B workers is so high and why the annual visa quotas are being exhausted.

The new study is entitled ''The Bottom of the Pay Scale: Wages for H-1B Computer Programmers,'' by software industry expert John Miano. It compares wages in approved Labor Condition Applications (LCAs) for H-1B workers in computer programming occupations to wage levels of U.S. workers in the same occupation and location. It is on line at http://www.cis.org/articles/2005/back1305.html

Among the findings

* In spite of the requirement that H-1B workers be paid the prevailing wage, H-1B workers earn significantly less than their American counterparts. On average, applications for H-1B workers in computer occupations were for wages $13,000 less than Americans in the same occupation and state.

* Wages for H-1B workers in computer programming occupations are overwhelmingly concentrated at the bottom of the U.S. pay scale. Wages on LCAs for 85 percent of H-1B workers were for less than the median U.S. wage in the same occupations and state.

* Applications for 47 percent of H-1B computer programming workers were for wages below even the prevailing wage claimed by their employers.

* Very few H-1B workers earned high wages by U.S. standards. Applications for only 4 percent of H-1B workers were among the top 25 percent of wages for U.S. workers in the same state and occupation.

* Many employers use their own salary surveys and wage surveys for entry-level workers, rather than more relevant and objective data sources, to make prevailing-wage claims when hiring H-1B workers.

* Employers of large numbers of H-1B workers tend to pay those workers less than those who hire a few. Employers making applications for more than 100 H-1B workers had wages averaging $9,000 less than employers of one to 10 H-1B workers.

* The problem of low wages for H-1B workers could be addressed with a few relatively simple changes to the law.

Hello friends,

I think there are several issues that we face and this thread started by HOPEFUl is a great idea. If we do this as part of an existing organization, like
ISNAmerica.org , we will be a lot more productive. Keep in mind this is only one of the problems that we face. Some of the other approaches could be lobbying, law-suits etc. We should keep this effort as an independent activity within ISNAmerica.org is my opinion. Good luck to us all.

IsnAmerica.Org Member Ship Drive - Lobbying efforts

IsnAmerica.Org Member Ship Drive - Lobbying efforts

Good sign of some efforts are going on for our cause.
IsnAmerica.Org is doing Membership Drive and pls see flyers
at
http://www.nripost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360

Let us help ourselves by joining this combined efforts..

- sk

Last edited by a moderator:
helpful_leo@yahoo.com

NYC

I can help with language corrections etc as I have some background in writing/language. I think writing/ communicating in good language with legislators and mediapersons is extremely important, as after all, we are claiming to be highly skilled professionals, and bad language will argue against that. Pls note that what is considered good English in the Indian subcontinent is not good enough here. There are several style and usage issues when subcontinental English is used in the US. I say this because I saw several letters to senators here which contained very good sentiments but was expressed in trashy language, so that it may even have been counterproductive. I dont mean to hurt anyone as I know all of you have worked admirably hard, but just putting in my 2 cents to whatever can improve our collective effort in getting this retrogression nightmare behind us.
Cheers!

Would love to help in anyway I can

Login ragz4u
Email id ragz4u at yahoo
Location Philadelphia, PA
Can help with anything and everything

IsnAmerica.Org Important Announcement - Just FYI, and to clear the confusions...

IsnAmerica.Org Important Announcement - Just FYI, and to clear the confusions...

It is our responsibility to let community know, the facts about organization and its ownership.

After informed about some defamatory posts in this thread, we are forced to spend some time and post this message, to let visitors know about the facts.
IsnAmerica.Org name/website transferred to organization.
Now it is owned by all the IsnAmerica.Org members.
And we do not have any more time to respond to defamatory comments as it does not help in anyway. Please contact us at
http://www.IsnAmerica.Org for any questions/details.

Please see the below link to know the important facts at IsnAmerica.Org and clear the confusions:

http://www.isnamerica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=398

IsnAmerica.Org core team supports/encourages all organizations, whoever works to benefit immigrants community. IsnAmerica.Org did not have any history of blaming others and we never ever try to blame others. At least it is not our policy. Rather we spend our time on the needful tasks/efforts.
And our strategy is to work at our best capacity.

Ultimately what matters is to work and achieve goals.
Nothing else.

Pls continue efforts at your best capacity to benefit immigrants community. Our support will be there all the times with all the organizations, whoever works for immigrants community.

And we do not have any more time to respond to defamatory comments as it does not help in anyway. Please contact us at http://www.IsnAmerica.Org for any questions/details.

- IsnAmerica.Org Core Team

Last edited by a moderator: