People viewing thie S 1932 Status Thread...PLEASE SIGN UP HERE.

Hopeful_123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm creating a new thread to just collate the number of people who are actively following the S. 1932 thread and willing to do something about it. I'm keeping this as an offshoot for the main thread because I don't want this information to get lost.

I'd like every member who is willing to do something to please sign up for this thread wiht the following pieces of information:

1) Display Name: E.g. mine is Hopeful_123

2) Email address (optional): Vidya_2000@hotmail.com

(Feel free to create a separate email just for this initiative if you are uncomfortable sharing this information. It will be very helpful if we have it. That way, say we needed someone to visit Lamar Smith's office in Texas - we could just email that person to ask for help. )

3) Area staying in : E.g. mine is Dallas TX
(I feel this is very important because if we know which areas we're all from, we can divide & conquer in terms of contacting senators and reps)

PLEASE INCLUDE THE CITY!! THEN WE KNOW WHO IS CLOSE ENOUGH TO A CONGRESSMAN OR SENATOR'S OFFICE THAT THEY CAN JUST GO AND MEET THEM

4) What are you willing to do?
E.g. Phone, fax, meet senators & congressmen in person, write to the press, travel to washington if lawmakers agree to meet us?, donate funds,

5) What influential contacts do you have that you think can help us? E.g. if ANY of you know a senator or congressman, that is invaluable.
There are over 100 people viewing this thread at any given point of time. I'm sure that over the past few days, over a 1000 distinct people have come here. And if we each take up one congressman or senator & make it our priority to reach them with say Sunjoshi's presentation - it will not be a lot of work for us but we would have divided and conquered.

I've signed up first. Please sign up!!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
my info (ny)

Display name: Lac_cld
email: prabha_kumar_gc@yahoo.com
Area: New York

Hopeful_123 said:
Hi,

I'm creating a new thread to just collate the number of people who are actively following the S. 1932 thread and willing to do something about it. I'm keeping this as an offshoot for the main thread because I don't want this information to get lost.

I'd like every member who is willing to do something to please sign up for this thread wiht the following pieces of information:

1) Display Name: E.g. mine is Hopeful_123

2) Email address (optional): Vidya_2000@hotmail.com

(Feel free to create a separate email just for this initiative if you are uncomfortable sharing this information. It will be very helpful if we have it. That way, say we needed someone to visit Lamar Smith's office in Texas - we could just email that person to ask for help. )

3) Area staying in : E.g. mine is Dallas TX
(I feel this is very important because if we know which areas we're all from, we can divide & conquer in terms of contacting senators and reps)

There are over 100 people viewing this thread at any given point of time. I'm sure that over the past few days, over a 1000 distinct people have come here. And if we each take up one congressman or senator & make it our priority to reach them with say Sunjoshi's presentation - it will not be a lot of work for us but we would have divided and conquered.

I've signed up first. Please sign up!!

Thanks

My info

Stucklabor
2rajesh@gmail.com
Eastern PA

What I volunteer to do:

1. One of the partners at my company's law firm apparently wrote much of Sec 8001/8002 of S1932. I will contact her after the S1932 battle is over and ask what we need to do in the Comprehensive immigration battle that is coming up Spring 2006.

2. I live in Eastern PA so volunteer to visit DC to meet Congressmen etc once the budget bill dies down.

6 SIGNUPS SO FAR. It should be in the 100's by EOD

Thank you all for signing up. Let's have more people sign up here.

gc_bronco
sivaregn _at_ yahoo.com
Central NJ

I am more than willing to meet with any legislator in NJ or make a trip to DC