pending review.....processing resumes.....discussion

rsrgc

Registered Users (C)
for some people message whose fp has been done before december 15 message has changed from pending review to processing resumes.

Do u feel that INS requests information from CIA/local authorities/Consulate and has a cut off date so that if no information is received by certain date means they can conclude that processing can resume.

Has anyone got some information to support this theory/assumption/speculation ?

Gurus - please comment

any comments

did my fp on dec 20 . and the message changed to received
fp .. pending review only on jan 15 , which happens to be my Scheduled date for fp .

Question: "fp collected pending review" skipped

Hello folks,

Seems "pending review" message was skipped in my case. Is this normal?

FP Rcvd: 01/10/2002
FP Done: 01/11/2002
01/15/2002, AVM: "On Jan. 15, 2002, ...mailed the notice requesting your appear..."
01/17/2002, AVM: "On Jan. 17, 2002, the results ... were received, and processing has been resumed on your case..."
I checked on 01/16/2002 also, definitely there was no "pending review" message. Anything wrong?

For my understanding, they should do background check before "process resumed". Have they already done that?

Thanks in advance for any response.

GreenPoint

I am in exactly the same boat

I have done exactly the same, same dates, same messages. I hope it is a good sign.

Avm message

changed to processing resumed .
it said on jan 17 fp results obtained and processing resumed ...
my details on pcee\'s list july md

No Title

My guess is that pending review is for people from certain designated countries for whom INS does more rigorous background checks.
For others, the message right away goes to \'Processing Resumed\'

icy

huracan, Greenpoint details please !!

Hi Guys,

What is you MD,ND and schd FP date and location ? Which country are you guys from ?

thanks.

mine is EB3 India

I think pending review is results from fp process is pending to
be reviewed by somebody at the INS . For some people it justs happen
so fast that they do not hear on the avm , for some it takes more
time . for me it took 2 days from pending review to processing
resumed . i am sure ins does not do much in 2 days except for
a little paperwork verification .
i may be wrong but just a guess .

processing resumed for me

FP done on December 27
AVM updated to pending review on Dec 29.
"Processing resumed" - AVM on Jan 17

AVM says processing resumed and a dicision will be mailed or notice will be

sent for additional information ..
kishur

Same for me also

Just checked the AVM and message is exactly same as that for Kishur.
But AVM did not change for my wife ??

Details:
EB3-India
FP Done:1/12/02(San Jose)
FP Schd:2/12/02(Oakland)

Don\'t worry

palpal,

Don\'t worry. Maybe just a little bit delay like ours. Mine was changed on Jan. 17 but my wife\'s was on Jan. 18.

GreenPoint

No Title

Mine is EB3, different from China or India, RD July 5 2001 ND August 27-28 2001. Notice for fingerprint to show up on San Jose ASC on Story Road on Feb 8, 2001, gone there on Jan 11, one day after receiving the notice.

My FP message has been changed too!

I just checked it after my FP is done on 1/12 and it says my FP results were received and processing has resumed.

my 2c worth on this topic...

rjngh200,

So many tried before but no one could give any reasonable explanation so far regarding what exactly happens/triggers moving FP data from Nationwide System (#1) to INS local System (#2). Previously the only way to find out that FP data is moved to #2 system is by calling IIO and making sure that (s)he can get data by using only WAC# instead of A#. Now it seems AVM message is changing to "resumed" message when data is moved to system #2).

As far as I know only FBI maintains FP database and provides searches. Once FBI cleares them there is no more further checking needs to be done with FPs. Regarding CIA/local authorities/Consulate checks, they are initiated at the time of I-485 data entry, and INS waits for only 6 weeks to get response.

May be some procedures changed after 9/11 era, and now INS is doing more checks etc. But I would guess that if they do any further checking then they will sure publish those details like rest of the security measures the government taking to assure the public safty.

- PCee

I agree with you Pcee, just one correction ...

CIA and Consulate checks are assumed to be completed 60 days after initiation not 6 weeks. Also at the time of receipting(data entry) a Name Check is also initiated with the FBI. But in my understanding the wait period is 60 days for that report also. I have noticed something different in the last week or so. Let me explain :
Some posters have said that they did FP in early Jan, 2002 and DIRECTLY saw their AVM msg say "processing resumed". Their cases never went to the "pending review" message. Remember in Late November some folks got an AVM msg that did say "processing resumed" and for folks who did their FP\'s a week or so before the msg said "on Nov 16... FP\'s were collected...pending review". We speculated at that time that INS was experimenting on different messages to try and best describe the status of a case. I now wonder whether they decided to completely do away with the "pending review" msg and go directly to the "processing resumed" msg. This will be borne out if folks who did their FP\'s in Jan, 2002 consistently notice the "processing resumed" msg only. I could be totally off-base here, just my observations with a generous dose of speculation.

DeeRod: i am afraid you hypothesis is not true

FP done: 01/02/02
AVM message: FP received,pending review on 01/15/02
AVM message : processing resumed : 01/18/02

You may very well be right. I just would like to see ...

what AVM msg says for folks who did it later in Jan. Lemme go back and re-read the posts that made me speculate.

time frame after FP

Hello Gurus,

You may have noticed many December mailers like me have done FP and heard AVM "...processing resumed". I am not expecting the approval anytime soon since my RD=12/20/2001. But this ruined the statistics and made me confused. After all, does FP AVM message still give us any hint or hope on the final approval? Or we should just forget it.

Any comments and discussions are appreciated.

GreenPoint