pending review.....processing resumes.....discussion

At this point, FP done date is not very useful to predict approval...

The RD is the only dependable factor for prediction. By tracking processing by month of RD you can set reasonable expectations for your own approval. My 2 cents.

No Title

Dee Rod,

I am sorry, for that 6Weeks/60days thing, and thanks for correcting me.

Regarding recent AVM messages I think that it is still following the same new sequence:
1. Sent FP notice..
2. Received FPs and under review...
3. Resumed...

For some people it took couple of weeks for these steps and for others it took just days! We all know that this new FP scheduling/messaging system started with May cases and slowly applied to earlier cases.

By the way I did my FP on 01/05 and on 01/13 still I got 1st message but on 01/17 it directly went to 3rd message. It is highly possible that on 01/15 it went to 2nd message and as I didn\'t check AVM inbetween to notice it. Also when I called FBI I came to know that FPs are sent to INS on the same day, so AVM updating is not an automated process! Rather some one is doing it manually, or a batch process.

- PCee

FP done Processing resumed ???????

Hi Folks
Would any one explain me FP results results recived and processing resumed. What is meant by this exactly. Can I assume that I am almost close to my 485 approval and crossed the stage of asking for "RFE"
RD 09/17/01
ND 09/27/01
FP 12/21/01
FP Original message 12/28/01 Collected and pending review
FP Processing resume 01/18/02
Thanks,
Achanta.

No Title

achanta,

The case need to be in "FP results recived and processing resumed.." state to get assigned to officer. This only means your FPs quality was good and (no need to reprints), FPs cleared FBI check. But just because a case is in this state doesn\'t mean that it will be assigned to officer immediately! It is following RD/ND\'s month. Also note that AVM may not get updated immediately to show current status of the case. I mean for some one the case may be in "..resumed.." state but still AVM may say "FP sent.." message!

One can be sure of not getting RFE only after getting approval, until then it is possible to get RFE. By the way most of the RFEs are sent when case is assigned to the officer. (after "FP results received and processing resumed..") state.

-PCee

Does this mean I won\'t get my case approved next week?

Darn! It used to be that the change of message to process resumed meant a decision would be made in 10-14 days. Anyway, I don\'t think RD is the best indication about when a case would have a decision. My opinion, after seeing quite a few cases in this board is that FP + 2 months is quite the average.

My other guess is that perhaps they put the cases with FP done in a queue to assign to case officer. I doubt they keep preempting the queue with older cases which get FP done or RFE. I mean, once you are in the queue you should have your token of sorts number set, and doesn\'t change when new cases get ready for adjudication.

My hopes are that INS is speeding up at the beginning of the year and putting more cases on the adjudication queue hoping they will adjudicate in the next couple of months.

I don\'t have any insider information, so take all this mambo jambo with a grain of salt, but I definitely don\'t believe the people who say that RD is the only thing that matters at the time of ordering cases for adjudication, approvals don\'t seem to back that idea.

My 2 euros

Approval is done as per RD/ND date.

I don\'t believe FP+2 months for approval. May be that happened last year. Now CSC is processing March/April cases. In other centers also they send FP notices within 2/3 months from mailing date but approve after one year. You can confirm this with your friends in other centers. This is what I noticed from my friends from VSC and NSC.