Pending I-130 & I-485

alapere

I did petition for my mom in 2006 and she was interviewed in October of 2006 Apart from the fact that the officer was very unruly in her behavior to us, my mom's case has been pending since then. I have done several infopasses and all my efforts proved to no avail. Each time i go to the local office, i was told my case is in good standing but no decision has been made in over 3years. The thought of this is frustrating and has resulted in anxiety and depression for my mom and it does appear that my lawyer is one guy that is wearing so many hats and our case doesn't seem to be a priority for him anymore. I will appreciate it if anyone can help by sending me a copy of a filed and approved mandamus, with all their vital info white-out. Secondly, i need help on how to retrieve the name of the director of my local office since i am currently based in MN. I have exhausted all the options i know and nothing seems to be working except that the EAD that i filed for mom is approved to last her for two years. I really need help!!!!!!!!!

Is your mom here or outside the US? Such process shouldn't take this long if the parent is present here in the US (our parent cases get approved without and interview and within 6 months). Unfortunately, sometimes you become unlucky to deal with "no good" attorney. If the case is outside of processing time, your attorney should inquire about the case and file a request with the USCIS. You should not even have to contact the CIS, that is your attorney's job! You should obtain a copy of your file from your attorney's office (he must give a copy to you if you do not have it) and seek a second opinion based on petitions filed and correspondence received.

Second scenario is you can withdraw your petition (in writing) and hire someone else. Sometimes it is the only solution to get anywhere. I have seen this happen many times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dmom and LucyMO! I really appreciate your response. To answer ur question LucyMO, i have not contacted any congress man or immigration ombudsman because i didn't know i could. I will appreciate it if you can work me through the process.
As for Dmom, yes my mom is here and i did seek a second opinion and that was how i knew about Mandamus and the attorney told me that my petition is one of the simplest in the immigration petition but unfortunately it's been delayes unecessarily. I think my next step now is to write directly to the director of my local office. From talking to another attorney, i was informed that the local office has been without a director for over 2years and just finally hired one about three weeks ago. I have however tried to google the name of the director but can seem to find any. I jst dont want my letter to opened by one random person without getting to the director's table. Does anyone know how to find the names of the director of uscis local offices?

you contact your local congressman in writing so that they inquire about the status of your case because it is taking unnaturally long - that's all there is to it.

Thanks Dmom and LucyMO! I really appreciate your response. To answer ur question LucyMO, i have not contacted any congress man or immigration ombudsman because i didn't know i could. I will appreciate it if you can work me through the process.
As for Dmom, yes my mom is here and i did seek a second opinion and that was how i knew about Mandamus and the attorney told me that my petition is one of the simplest in the immigration petition but unfortunately it's been delayes unecessarily. I think my next step now is to write directly to the director of my local office. From talking to another attorney, i was informed that the local office has been without a director for over 2years and just finally hired one about three weeks ago. I have however tried to google the name of the director but can seem to find any. I jst dont want my letter to opened by one random person without getting to the director's table. Does anyone know how to find the names of the director of uscis local offices?

which city and state are you living in?

Demand letter through an immigration lawyer is the best option. It will cost you but results are 100%.

Also you can go USCIS website and get DS 7001 form. Search online for your congress Rep and call or write them.

Sometimes they can help but they cannot force anyone.

Thanks guys, i really appreciate all the great ideas you all have to offer.

Dmom, i currently reside in Oakdale/ St. Paul, Minnesota.

Last edited by a moderator: