Pending greencard app rejected..now what?

samikhi

Registered Users (C)
My father has a greencard and so does my mom. my father had applied for the GC for all 4 of his kids. In January 2010, we learnt the GC application for two of his daughters was rejected which included me. the application was rejected cuz there was a gap in our case thanks to our lawyer who later ran away wit our money to the middle east. my dad found out about the rejection in january but waited till may 2010 so that my sister gets done wit her high school and the case doesnt affect our studies. needless to say she was the valevictorian of her class.

I am turning 24 years old in the next 2 weeks. My other sister who is 21 has married a American citizen. my sister married her guy friend AFTER she learnt about our rejection.

Currently, i am not seeing any American guy. Does this mean i am illegal in the country? I dont want to re petition my case because it is too much money. i dont want to leave the country because im in the middle of my finance degree. i want to live wit my family here in Houston TX.

IF my dad files for a 2B family sponsored visa, then i will turn 30 by then. i dont want to wait that long.

me and my sister were a dependent of my dad who was on a H1 business visa. that was the last visa i had.

i had a work permit issued to me 2 years back and have since been working at a coffee house but now that work permit has been revoked. i have a SS as well.

PLEASE ADVISE!

Let me see if I understand.

Your dad got H1-B nonimmigrant visa status sponsored by an employer. His wife and children (you and your sister) all got H-4 visas.

Dad's employer filed for his greencard and his wife and kids were included.

Dad adjusted status. Mom also got status. When was this? How old were you and your sister at that time? Why did you two not get cards along with your parents?

Your sister's husband can petition for her.

Are you out of status? Did you ever switch over to F-1 student status? Did you have an I-485 filed along with mom and dad? How did you get an EAD--on what basis? (c)(9)?

If you are now out of status, don't leave the U.S. as you will likely invoke the unlawful presence bar to returning. Hopefully, needless to say, don't get arrested.

Provide more info and maybe you can get some useful advice here.

i485 was filed by dad at same time he did his.
my sister and i didnt get cards on time with our parents because our attorney messed up on our forms sumwhr. both of us are also over 21. there was a gap between our work permits as well.

I didnt switch over to F1 status because then i would have to pay higher tuition fees. i wont be able to work either. back then, i had got the work permit while our application was still in process.

i talked to a lawyer and the only solution he gave was to marry a citizen. i would not like to marry right now since my degree is my priority at the moment.

hope this helps! now i need help!

i just wrote above that i would not like to get married at the moment. its not that easy to find someone n get laid...err.. settled.

i just wrote above that i would not like to get married at the moment. its not that easy to find someone n get laid...err.. settled.

YOU said: my sister and i didnt get cards on time with our parents because our attorney messed up on our forms sumwhr

Please explain in more detail.

since we were applying thru our lawyer, we filed for our work permits thru him. later turns out that he shut down n has left the country. so we filed seperately and finally got it. however, this gap that occurred was the reason why our application was rejected. my father had applied earlier than us for the work permit and hence he easily recieved his GC but we didnt since he filed ours later thru that lawyer.