Pending Asylees Affected by 25th Aug 2020 DHS Rule

Good evening people. Don't know if this is the right place to ask this question?
Can asylum seekers study in the US?
Any links to schools that will accept asylum seekers.
Please help me.
Thank you.

I think yes you can, but i do not know details

Received this message from ASAP today

ASAP Members:

Protect your rights! ASAP members applying for a work permit for the first time should have their applications processed within 30 days. If you applied for a work permit more than 30 days ago and have not received a decision from the government, please fill out this short survey to let us know:

https://forms.gle/iQ646JhRrDhQ3M8w9

The approval is for myself only

EAD applied was for myself, wife and 2 minor children

I have responded to USCIS requesting update for pending cases of my my wife and children

will keep posted
Did you get a service request number through a chatbot only for your case, or separate numbers for each family member? Thank you

Did you get a service request number through a chatbot only for your case, or separate numbers for each family member? Thank you
Chatbot (EMMA) connects you to an actual person , who eventually assigns you a ticket number
I got just for mine, getting separate ticket numbers for each family member wasnt required for me

Chatbot (EMMA) connects you to an actual person , who eventually assigns you a ticket number
I got just for mine, getting separate ticket numbers for each family member wasnt required for me
How did you request update for pending cases of your wife and children?

How did you request update for pending cases of your wife and children?

You can request update for your minor children using same session with Emma by providing their receipt and alien numbers,

For wife, you have to request separately again as an individual.

Jan 11th, 2021

I received EAD cards in Mail for all of us (Myself, wife and 2 minor kids)

The timeline as under
  • Nov 19th - 150 Days completed on Nov 19th (Documents sent the same day using USPS priority express - Over Night Dispatch)
  • Nov 20th - Received by USCIS mailbox (Checked on USPS Tracker and USCIS receipt also confirmed the same)
  • Nov 29th - Received SMS from USCIS Confirming documents acceptance and receipt number
  • Dec 5th - Received i767 receipt and online access code through USPS Standard mail
  • 30 days ended on Dec 19th 2020 but no approval or response (followed up with USCIS and it turned out that USCIS portion of time starts when the "accept" application, not when the "receive" it. Hence November 29th became the day when USCIS Time portion started for 30 days
  • Dec 27th - 30 days were up but still no response (followed up with USCIS again and they provided a ticket number)
  • Jan 5th 2021 - Case status updated as "approved"
  • Jan 11th 2021 - Received EAD card my mail

Hi, man!
So my "received" date is January 5. So should I just wait till February 5th and if nothing happens, "Ask Emma"?
BTW, did you receive your SSN as well?

Hi, man!
So my "received" date is January 5. So should I just wait till February 5th and if nothing happens, "Ask Emma"?
BTW, did you receive your SSN as well?

You have to count "accept" date

Receive date won't work

Didn't receive SSN yet , I heard it's really slow . But I do need SSN for my taxes

how do you get Emma to pass you to a human representative? I tried a couple of times and Emma just insisted on helping me till she hang up the phone

Hello
if I applied for asylum from Feb 2021 .
Can I apply for EAD after 150 days or according to the new rule I should wait for one year

I heard that I can be an ASAP member and then I can take the EAD after 150 days regardless if the new rules I canceled or not
is it true

thanks

Hello
Can I apply for EAD after 150 days or according to the new rule I should wait for one year

I heard that I can be an ASAP member and then I can take the EAD after 150 days regardless if the new rules I canceled or not
is it true

thanks

Thats correct,

While you are waiting for your 150 days, you can get ASAP membership

Hello

is it true

thanks

Get the ASAP membership asap :) And then you can apply after 150 days.

My notice of action letter date was 12/31/2020. I decided to send a message to USCIS is through myUSCIS. After sending a message I got a service number and went ahead to mail it to
t sc.classaction@uscis.dhs.gov and cc
asylumEAD@nwirp.org on the 1/26/2020.
I got a message today as seen bellow. Please don't wait for 30 days, according to their message you should take action after 25 days of inaction on your account after notice date.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210128-063230.png
    Screenshot_20210128-063230.png
    478 KB · Views: 31
My notice of action letter date was 12/31/2020. I decided to send a message to USCIS is through myUSCIS. After sending a message I got a service number and went ahead to mail it to
t sc.classaction@uscis.dhs.gov and cc
asylumEAD@nwirp.org on the 1/26/2020.
I got a message today as seen bellow. Please don't wait for 30 days, according to their message you should take action after 25 days of inaction on your account after notice date.
Hi, thanks!
sc.classaction@uscis.dhs.gov, asylumEAD@nwirp.org - where did you know about those addresses?

Hi, thanks!
sc.classaction@uscis.dhs.gov, asylumEAD@nwirp.org - where did you know about those addresses?
If you read through Abhattis posts you will get the message attached. It clearly states that you can contact the USCIS after getting a service ticket number. This can be done after 25 days of inaction on your 1-765 application. That is where I got the addresses. I found that using Myuscis is faster on getting a service number than even contacting an agent