We will be watching this forum throughout Coronavirus/Covid emergencies to post information and to answer your questions about affected US immigration and visas:
ThanksDid you contact them through my USCIS account? If your answer is yes. Then immediately after you sent the message they generated a service ticket number for you. That is what is important. You will require that to proceed to the next step. Follow my messages and Abhatti's on what we did next.
Congrats! Mine has not changed yet.Today it changed to
Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
On February 2, 2021, the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Receipt Number IOE#####. We mailed your card to the address you gave us. The tracking number assigned is 9205590153708603598162.
Could you actually work without SSN?Received Social Security Number Cards today in Mail
Updated timeline containing SSN as under as under
- Nov 19th - 150 Days completed on Nov 19th (Documents sent the same day using USPS priority express - Over Night Dispatch)
- Nov 20th - Received by USCIS mailbox (Checked on USPS Tracker and USCIS receipt also confirmed the same)
- Nov 29th - Received SMS from USCIS Confirming documents acceptance and receipt number
- Dec 5th - Received i767 receipt and online access code through USPS Standard mail
- 30 days ended on Dec 19th 2020 but no approval or response (followed up with USCIS and it turned out that USCIS portion of time starts when the "accept" application, not when the "receive" it. Hence November 29th became the day when USCIS Time portion started for 30 days
- Dec 27th - 30 days were up but still no response (followed up with USCIS again and they provided a ticket number)
- Jan 5th 2021 - Case status updated as "approved"
- Jan 11th 2021 - Received EAD card my mail
- Feb 4th 2021 - SSNs received by mail
am working with my EAD but the decision mail have been waiting for is from asylum case. Tomorrow will be a week since case status changed to decision is mailed. USCIS recommendation is to wait for about a months before I can inquire about my mail. I don’t know what to do next now apart from waiting. Do you have any other recommendation on how to follow up with my mail.Could you actually work without SSN?
They are illegal and they pay taxes? How is that possible? Crazy things...Absolutely (odd jobs of course - on cash)
A lot of illegals are working here without EAD, but most of them have their ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number) with them so they pay their taxes