Pending Asylees Affected by 25th Aug 2020 DHS Rule

Here is my timeline for EAD application:

Filed I-765 July 28, 2020 after 150 days
Approved Aug 26, 2020
EAD Card mailed Sep 10, 2020

Note that I have never been fingerprinted. However, the new rule requires biometrics for C08 EADs.

Approved Aug 26, 2020

Note that I have never been fingerprinted. However, the new rule requires biometrics for C08 EADs.
When is your previous EAD expiration ?

Approved Aug 26, 2020

Great, 1st precedent observed after this rule here on this forum. Although you were safe technically since your 150 days were finished on July 28th. Yet to see for those who applied asylum before August 25th and their 150 days clock end "after" August 25th.

Could you please also share the latest checklist to submit EAD documents and any other tips? Since you just applied and got one

Great, 1st precedent observed after this rule here on this forum. Although you were safe technically since your 150 days were finished on July 28th. Yet to see for those who applied asylum before August 25th and their 150 days clock end "after" August 25th.

Could you please also share the latest checklist to submit EAD documents and any other tips? Since you just applied and got one
Submit:

Two passport photographs
Copy of state ID ( my passport was expired so I couldn't use that)
Copy of I589 receipt and the biometric letter
G1145 for text message

Submit:

Two passport photographs
Copy of state ID ( my passport was expired so I couldn't use that)
Copy of I589 receipt and the biometric letter
G1145 for text message

The biometric letter, the one you did at the time of submitting asylum case ? or a fresh one as per new law of 25th August 2020 ? I am interested to know the new one as well, how is it done and the procedure

The biometric letter, the one you did at the time of submitting asylum case ? or a fresh one as per new law of 25th August 2020 ? I am interested to know the new one as well, how is it done and the procedure
it was for the asylum back in March which was cancelled due to COVID

So is not for everybody? the rule keep being valid for the rest of the asylum seekers?

Wouldn't make sense. The case is certainly filed by CASA but the "rule" itself is suspended all together. (for everyone)

But yes, CASA is the one who took the initiative

So is not for everybody? the rule keep being valid for the rest of the asylum seekers?
Not for everyone. only for clients of CASA and ASAP.

Also, it is an injunctive relief. meaning that the judge temporarily blocked it while the lawsuit undergoes litigation. The same thing happened to Trump's public charge rule less than a a year ago. It was first subject to federal injunction because multiple judges locked it, but they all finally gave in and the rule passed.

The federal court is extremely political. They are aligned with the administration's policies. Similar to asylum rulings. I think if Biden gets elected, this rule will be permanently removed. Otherwise, at least a compromised version of it will remain effective. The judge will put off making a decision until November for sure.

Not for everyone. only for clients of CASA and ASAP.

Also, it is an injunctive relief. meaning that the judge temporarily blocked it while the lawsuit undergoes litigation. The same thing happened to Trump's public charge rule less than a a year ago. It was first subject to federal injunction because multiple judges locked it, but they all finally gave in and the rule passed.

The federal court is extremely political. They are aligned with the administration's policies. Similar to asylum rulings. I think if Biden gets elected, this rule will be permanently removed. Otherwise, at least a compromised version of it will remain effective. The judge will put off making a decision until November for sure.

I'll disagree with that. But Should be interesting to see the outcome whether it is for everyone or clients of CASA / ASAP

But you are right, for the rest of the part .

Let's keep an active eye on the development of this all. Hope it benefits us all

My case status online still shows I can apply for EAD after waiting 150 days so I'm gonna do that. Theres no harm in applying